Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-02-2004, 04:44 PM #22
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Tekk13 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
So correct me if I am wrong in what I am reading here. SP can't go after Mac Dev in Australia...but COULD prevent the guns from being sold in the US? What about in Canada? I am so not in the know here it hurts
www.dyeprecision.com

Mac Dev's Cyborg~ Never Before Has Overshooting been So Easy!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2004, 06:24 PM #23
Bulldogg

You are correct, and they can't prevent them from being sold in Canada as far as I know.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:51 PM #24
Tekk13
Team Exodus

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ideas...must come up with ideas that don't involve executions involving a certain pair of brothers...
www.dyeprecision.com

Old 01-02-2004, 10:07 PM #25
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
i'm not hearing any of this !!!!
Old 01-02-2004, 10:10 PM #26
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by James@MacDev
i'm not hearing any of this !!!!
LOL
I been hearing it too long
Old 01-03-2004, 09:47 AM #27
ottoangel

Quote:
squirrels howcome nobody came to ICD's aid, now everyone is rushing to aka's aid? bogus if you ask me.

Aaron at AKA helped ICD.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:28 PM #28
blackshady919

First of all, I agree that SP does go after companies that should not be gone after. SP did not invent the micro switch, and I wish some of these companies wouldn't make a settlement, because I dont beleive the patent infringment would hold up in court. On the other side, the impulse is NOT a flawed bushy. I dont have anything against ICD or the bushmaster, but do not say untrue **** about a company because you dont like the way they handle buisness, and a gun that you do not own. I also like AKA alot, and dont think they will have a problem. SP may be somewhat corrupt, but they make good guns, and know what they're doing. So STFU, you dont even know what your saying.

Last edited by blackshady919 : 01-06-2004 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:43 PM #29
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by blackshady919
On the other side, the impulse is NOT a flawed bushy. I dont have anything against ICD or the bushmaster, but do not say untrue **** about...

SP may be somewhat corrupt, but they make good guns, and know what they're doing. So STFU, you dont even know what your saying.

He may not, but then again neither do you.

Unless you think low-grade aluminum, cheap wearing anodizing, jimmie-rigged solenoids to handle almost 200psi, completely removed the LPR, cheap reflective "eye".... et cetera. If THAT is making a good gun?

Well honestly they DO know what they're doing though! They know exactly how to sacrifice major quality in order to cut costs and still have it semi-functional!!

Sorry but the statement still stands.

Impulse: $400
Working Impulse: $1,000

All I can say is thank God I know how to install helicoils. Or else I wouldn't have been able to help as many Impulse and Shocker owners as I have!

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 01-06-2004, 03:50 PM #30
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Impulses in pure stock form are not that great...but this has opened up a huge window for aftermarket companies to make accessories and upgrades. It helps the whole industry flourish...in one way or another. I personally wouldn't buy an Impulse...IMO the best gun to accessorise is the cocker...for an electric...I want something that rocks out of the box...bring on the Cyborg. The only thing that isn't totally addressed with the Borg is the body, but that leaves room for custom versions. Sounds good to me. Mac Dev is on the right track...again...IMO. Mac Dev is making a functional gun...one that will work, without HAVING to add a bunch of upgrades. And at a price that seems to be competitive. Can't wait to see it in person!
www.dyeprecision.com

Old 01-06-2004, 04:09 PM #31
blackshady919

A stock imp and a stock BKO. I would take the imp, and im willing to bet most people would be with me. And also, how many people do you see with stock impulses bragging about them, none. They all put upgrades into them, thats the whole point. And, now that EQ is out, it makes the imp the second fastest gun(next to Viking) out there, then the timmy or speed after it, and it no longer has a ****ty eye, but a great beam-break eye that almost has no chopping, period. All I am saying is he should not talk **** about a gun he does not own, and has probably not owned. I think its because he owns a cocker, and for some reason cocker owners usually dislike imps and such(except for the guy above me.) As for the cheap anno, most people have custom versions of the impulse with better milling and annodizing. As for the solenoids, I wont argue. I dont think they are up to the standars they should be, but Jim Drew of WAS is working on a new one as well. So maybe your right, $1000 dollars for a good impulse. Buts its still an impulse, and it isnt fair to classify them behind bushies because the stock ones suck. Stock busmasters suck also.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:23 PM #32
p8ntballdude
I <3 Pbn

Quote:
And, now that EQ is out, it makes the imp the second fastest gun(next to Viking) out there, then the timmy or speed after it, and it no longer has a ****ty eye, but a great beam-break eye that almost has no chopping,
Well, vikings are the fastest. but don't forget about e-cockers. they have been tested multiple times to well over 40 cps.
However i don't think any gun has actually been tested with paint over 30 bps with proof. Both cyborg and angel speed's claim to have a true 30 bps, which would lead me to belive they also would be up there for fastest. But nothing will feed that fast, And who really needs anything over 20 bps anyway. i know for damn sure i don't.

Last edited by p8ntballdude : 01-06-2004 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:42 PM #33
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Who NEEDS 30 BPS? Nobody...the question is...who WANTS it???
www.dyeprecision.com

Old 01-06-2004, 04:45 PM #34
heavyhitterscapt

heavyhitterscapt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i doo,

I can shoot busrt of 25-27 out my warp.

feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=289093
Old 01-06-2004, 05:34 PM #35
p8ntball-kid21
E-Jam United

p8ntball-kid21 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
A stock imp and a stock BKO. I would take the imp, and im willing to bet most people would be with me. And also, how many people do you see with stock impulses bragging about them, none. They all put upgrades into them, thats the whole point. And, now that EQ is out, it makes the imp the second fastest gun(next to Viking) out there, then the timmy or speed after it, and it no longer has a ****ty eye, but a great beam-break eye that almost has no chopping, period. All I am saying is he should not talk **** about a gun he does not own, and has probably not owned. I think its because he owns a cocker, and for some reason cocker owners usually dislike imps and such(except for the guy above me.) As for the cheap anno, most people have custom versions of the impulse with better milling and annodizing. As for the solenoids, I wont argue. I dont think they are up to the standars they should be, but Jim Drew of WAS is working on a new one as well. So maybe your right, $1000 dollars for a good impulse. Buts its still an impulse, and it isnt fair to classify them behind bushies because the stock ones suck. Stock busmasters suck also.
Stock Bushys are awesome especially the new 04's, new improved hpr, very adjustable frame, swoosh milling, and delron bolt. And no stock problems like the Imp like FSDO and starving the noid for air.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:54 PM #36
blackshady919

But does that make the impulse a peice of ****...no. And I have never had FSDO or shootdown(starving for air) since I have had my imp. If you run a high pressure tank(800 to 850 psi), you wont starve your gun, and FSDO is a pretty miniscule problem. Shoot the gun twice, and there is no problem

But back to the cyborg, I think they look good, and hopefully SP lays off and shuts up.

Last edited by blackshady919 : 01-06-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:55 PM #37
blackshady919

And I agree, the 04's do look pretty good.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:20 PM #38
Tekk13
Team Exodus

FSDO isn't only an Imp problem...it occurs with all guns that use the same solenoid as the Imp...this includes Tribals, Bushy's, Defiants, and early timmy's. It isn't ALL these guns that do it...only ones with "faulty" noids.
www.dyeprecision.com

Old 01-06-2004, 06:52 PM #39
blackshady919

makes sense. but fsdo wouldn't just be faulty noids, it would be noids that dont give off enough power for the first shot, right?
Old 01-06-2004, 07:07 PM #40
not_manbot_revenge

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekk13
FSDO isn't only an Imp problem...it occurs with all guns that use the same solenoid as the Imp...this includes Tribals, Bushy's, Defiants, and early timmy's. It isn't ALL these guns that do it...only ones with "faulty" noids.
it happens in IMP's due to the fact that the ram is very large and ineffecient and the solenoid has larger springs to accomodate for the higher pressure, thus the ram is being starved by the combined valve and solenoid flow and not enough air bursts into the ram.

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
Old 01-06-2004, 07:55 PM #41
Tekk13
Team Exodus

So it could be more noticable on Impy's...but not exclusive to Impy's.

But back to the Borg...how many more sleeps???
www.dyeprecision.com

Old 01-07-2004, 01:36 AM #42
Betak01

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-Monsoon
I have zero knowledge in this area but being that Macdev is an Australian company, I don't think SP could enforce a US patent on them.

I completely agree with the above statement. They can't sue MacDev, as Australia does not have a patent system that enforces US patent regulations. Some European contries are in agreement with US patents, but not Australia.
In any case Smart Parts so far, is going after very specific companies that they believe will have the strongest case against. AKA as well as ICD are small companies compared to some of the bigger companies such as WGP or 32deg and timmy manufacturers.

SP figures if it wins a few of the smaller battles, they can move on to the big fish and that is where they will cause serious damaga.

"IMO"

-Eug