PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2015, 09:22 PM #1
will1442

will1442 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Red face Axe bolt wont cycle please help

so I just go this axe and it was leaking pretty bad when I got it. Took it apart cleaned and relubed everything and put it back together. The first time I aired it up it aired up good but the bolt wouldnt cycle.

Here are my setting w/ boss bolt:
I am at about 160 operating pressure and the back back 2 1/4 turns out (started at 1.5) and dwell at 8 but the bolt wont move. I was firing with the grips off and every time I fire i can feel a bit of air come up the grip from the asa.

I am new to axes but have read up on their tuning so i know I am well in the range for the bolt to move. I also know there is a little oring that connects the air transfer tube to the asa (the oring looked perfect). What could be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by will1442 : 02-24-2015 at 09:44 PM.
will1442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2015, 08:44 AM #2
will1442

I have the mid spring in. Turned my dwell down to 3.5, then up to 4. Also turned my back cap back in to 1.5 turns. There is actually a tiny leak coming from the asa (also where the puff comes from). Maybe I dont have the the transfer tube not fully in the asa? This is my first macro less gun... Anyone please!?!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:21 AM #3
EmpireTech
Always here to Help

EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech supports Empire
If not aligned correctly, this could be the issue. We recommend loosening the reg mount up and unscrewing the female transfer tube, just enough that the relay is free to move. Lube the transfer tube oring and align the reg with the tube - screw the tube back down a little. Once aligned, re-tighten the reg mount screws, securing the relay to the marker. After that is done, the transfer tube should have easy movement up and down - hand tighten. Let us know if this doesnt stop the leak - sometimes orings look good, but need replaced.
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:54 AM #4
will1442

Thanks a lot empire I'll be trying this tonight!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:28 PM #5
will1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireTech View Post
If not aligned correctly, this could be the issue. We recommend loosening the reg mount up and unscrewing the female transfer tube, just enough that the relay is free to move. Lube the transfer tube oring and align the reg with the tube - screw the tube back down a little. Once aligned, re-tighten the reg mount screws, securing the relay to the marker. After that is done, the transfer tube should have easy movement up and down - hand tighten. Let us know if this doesnt stop the leak - sometimes orings look good, but need replaced.
So the tiny *** leak continues.. I dont have the oring needed for the bottom of the transfer tube but I took it out and re-a lined it with no luck.. I also changed out the bolt guide orings (i know with the right kind) and now it is very hard to move the bolt back and forth on the guide... How easily is a boss bolt supposed to move?

Also put a fresh battery in hoping that would cure the bolt not moving.. This leak is so tiny that it should not totally be stopping the bolt from moving...
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM #6
EmpireTech
Always here to Help

EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech supports Empire
What board do you have in the marker? Are you hearing the solenoid click at all? You would also want to check the fit of the bolt to bolt guide (orings) - if it seems a little tight, try using a light application of Dow33 (Sleek, Vitamin E) and then mix in a drop of marler oil. For the medium spring, you my want to do a complete board reset and then use:
160 PSI
5 ms dwell
If you have the stock bolt, you may want to give that a shot - after a board reset, no adjustments and 190psi input - just to get a good idea of what issue we are chasing.
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM #7
will1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireTech View Post
What board do you have in the marker? Are you hearing the solenoid click at all? You would also want to check the fit of the bolt to bolt guide (orings) - if it seems a little tight, try using a light application of Dow33 (Sleek, Vitamin E) and then mix in a drop of marler oil. For the medium spring, you my want to do a complete board reset and then use:
160 PSI
5 ms dwell
If you have the stock bolt, you may want to give that a shot - after a board reset, no adjustments and 190psi input - just to get a good idea of what issue we are chasing.
it has the redline board in it. The solenoid clicks. Ill see if the stock bolt does anything tonight.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM #8
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

I didn't see if you said you've replaced the battery. If not, start there... use a fresh, name brand battery..

Reset your dwell and set your back cap to 1.25 turns out. Those are pretty conservative. If it still doesn't cycle you may need to clean your solenoid.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM #9
will1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I didn't see if you said you've replaced the battery. If not, start there... use a fresh, name brand battery..

Reset your dwell and set your back cap to 1.25 turns out. Those are pretty conservative. If it still doesn't cycle you may need to clean your solenoid.
I have a clean batter and I have try'd many different settings with the back cap and dwell. Maybe ill try cleaning my noid