Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:27 AM #1
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

MSpeedFreak03 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MSpeedFreak03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Unhappy Terrible luck with PE markers!

So needless to say i love the way my ETHA feels in my hands, but im having issues with multipul air leaks (LIST BELOW), i had an ETEK 3am and it never worked properly so i sold it. now i have my ETHA and the issues have started.

1. solenoid stopped engaging without air randomly (DRY FIRING) still the same with fresh 9v, people say its fine as long as it engages with air applied, i think if my ETHA was fine and was doing it before it should do it now!

2. so i apply air to the gun to test fire and air is spraying out the front grip frame trigger assembly WTF, it did fire but not consistently or smooth at all.

3. i turned the regulator all the way to diag the leak and its leaking in 3 more places, the back bolt cap, the bolt, and the macroline... seriously upset at this point i gave up because i ran out of air to diag the leaks!

Now im wondering if i take the gun apart if i will void my warranty that i have yet to fill out and mail, or just sell it and never buy another PE product, any insite to the issues would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 AM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
It is not uncommon for the Etha solenoid to be very quiet. In the marker I tested, you didn't often hear the solenoid click unless you turned up the dwell, and even then, it could be very quiet - the marker worked perfectly when aired up and shhoting paint. You don't need to hear the click in order for the solenoid to be functioning correctly. The air pressure passing through the solenoid actually assists in actuating it. Without air pressure, there is no assistance, and the solenoid may not actuate. Functioning while under pressure is part of this solenoid's design. As has been stated before, if the marker fires when it is gassed up, then the solenoid is working fine - if the marker doesn't fire when gassed up, then you have a problem.

When you say 'front grip frame trigger assembly', can you be more specific? Not quite sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that the leak is exiting from around the trigger?

Again, need to be a bit more specific about the other leaks. The back cap - is the leak coming from around the threads, or is it coming through the hole in the middle of the hex hole at the back? With the bolt, I assume you mean that air is leaking out through the face of the bolt? With the macroline, is the leak from between the hose and the fitting? Around the threads of the fitting? Something else? If you can give a bit more info, we can probably help you.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:07 AM #3
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

my solenoid is loud when dry firing, always has been but today it stopped for some reason and all the board settings were set to stock when the solenoid got quiet... so why all the sudden do i leak air and the solenoid is quiet?

the face of the bolt is leaking air, the back cap threads not 100% it was just the threads, and the trigger is leaking air from the top next to the adjustment screws... macroline is an easier fix

Last edited by MSpeedFreak03 : 03-08-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:42 AM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Like I said, don't worry about the solenoid - if your marker fires, then it is working fine. Perhaps the solenoid has actually bedded in now, and that is why it has got quieter.

If the back cap leak is around the threads, you probably just need to clean or replace the o-ring around the back cap threads.

The leak from the front of the bolt is most likely down to the second (from front) o-ring on the firing poppet. Again, may need replacing, but probably just dirty and needs cleaning.

The leak from the trigger area makes me think 'solenoid' - may be worth airing up the marker with the frame detached to confirm that. If it is the solenoid, I would initially confirm that the solenoid and manifold screws are snug and tighten them if loose. If that doesn't help, I would remove the manifold from the marker and solenoid and try cleaning the gaskets.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:23 PM #5
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

ok went through the gun this morning and replaced the back cap orings and relubed, the popit orings ( the first 2 ), and cleaned the solenoid and orings, put it all back together and most issues seem to be fixed except for the air comming out around the trigger

why do i feel like that is way more maitinance for only having 8-9 cases of paint through the marker, well lets just see what to do now
Old 03-08-2012, 04:15 PM #6
RoninSkye
Fade into the backdrop

RoninSkye is a Moderator
RoninSkye is a Supporting Member
RoninSkye donated to help Peyton Trent
RoninSkye owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RoninSkye supports Bob Gurnsey
RoninSkye supports our troops
Most of your issues seem to be with not properly maintaining your marker. If you've only shot 8-9 cases through it and you're already having bad o-rings, then you need to make sure you're properly lubricating your marker to standard as well as making sure you're using the proper sized o-rings for each component.

I've had periods of time where my marker has sat for months, and I always get it out of my bag and relube it before going to play, just to prevent breaking o-rings.

I don't want to sit here and make assumptions though. Do you perform maintenance on your marker every 2-3 cases? Do you use a lubricant that is specifically designed for paintball? Do you follow the procedures stated in your manual on how to properly disassemble, lube, and reassemble your marker?

Team Adversity
Powered By:
HeadzUp Paintball Headware
Precision Powder Coating
X-Moto Paintball

Last edited by RoninSkye : 03-08-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:06 PM #7
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninSkye View Post
Most of your issues seem to be with not properly maintaining your marker. If you've only shot 8-9 cases through it and you're already having bad o-rings, then you need to make sure you're properly lubricating your marker to standard as well as making sure you're using the proper sized o-rings for each component.

I've had periods of time where my marker has sat for months, and I always get it out of my bad and relube it before going to play, just to prevent breaking o-rings.

I don't want to sit here and make assumptions though. Do you perform maintenance on your marker every 2-3 cases? Do you use a lubricant that is specifically designed for paintball? Do you follow the procedures stated in your manual on how to properly disassemble, lube, and reassemble your marker?
first off after 9yrs in the Marines i know how to propperly maintain weapons of all types, but to please the masses i use the PE lube they provided with the etha, and on top of that the Orings i replaced were not worn or damaged visibly that i could see, im am detailed in my matinance of all my markers but my etha is the one that isnt working propperly (all my other guns work amazing like new)!

i always use the lube that the marker comes with (exept DP markers) and it has yet to be an issue until now, but i say this again the Orings i replaced were not worn or damaged visibly that i could see!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:47 PM #8
RoninSkye
Fade into the backdrop

RoninSkye is a Moderator
There was something wrong with them, as those issues are not longer present. O-rings can look pristine, and still not be 100%. Likewise, an o-ring might not be damaged at all and is simply the wrong size. Hell, I've done it before when taking my markers apart (Even using the manual). I ask these things because they are common and because the Etha is an entry level marker and you are a new user, you might not have the experience with paintball equipment that others have.

You sound almost offended, and that is not what I was going for. The questions I ask are questions that I would ask anyone having gun problems similar to the ones you're having. (especially since replacing o-rings and lubing the gun again, seemed to fix the majority of issues. I can only assume it wasn't being done often enough/properly)

Team Adversity
Powered By:
HeadzUp Paintball Headware
Precision Powder Coating
X-Moto Paintball
Old 03-08-2012, 05:59 PM #9
mikeshocksya
OG MW ARMY

mikeshocksya is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mikeshocksya plays in the APPA D4 division
paintball guns are a little more finicky then the real deal... I don't see how u can compare the two.. if it didn't do this out the box Iwould say u messed with it a lil too much.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 PM #10
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

i have several paintball markers now and over the years aswell, im not saying they are real guns just stating that i have alot of experiance with maitinance ant attention to detail with all types of equipment.

im not offended by being asked questions about the matinance of the marker im just saying its not user error, and it has the origional Orings from PE minus the 3 i just changed from the parts kit they provided (i used the manual to size them)!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:33 PM #11
trucockerfan19
Aim High

just judging by the terms uve used to explain and help us in order to help you out with you're problem, screams "user error"

if i were you i would replace every o-ring on the bolt engine (it comes with a bazillion) and see if it leaks anywhere. If you're noid is leaking then its either faulty or over/under pressurized.

Planet eclipse guns are known for not ****ing up tho

feedback-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751045

Bored? Check out my youtube channel!
http://m.youtube.com/user/mikemarion19?feature=guide
Old 03-08-2012, 08:50 PM #12
mikeshocksya
OG MW ARMY

mikeshocksya is a Supporting Member
mikeshocksya plays in the APPA D4 division
**** if its under warranty send it in. PE has great customer service
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 PM #13
Ryan miller03

Ryan miller03 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ryan miller03 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The noid not making noise can be battery issues. You may have a battery that's putting out a little less than 9 volts. If it works when aired up "if it ain't broke don't fix it". And the orings, I'd change them all the marker came with a ###t ton of orings
Old 03-08-2012, 09:03 PM #14
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

already called and talked to a warranty shop they said what i did should have fixed the problem, i guess i will have to send it into them.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:38 AM #15
RoninSkye
Fade into the backdrop

RoninSkye is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan miller03 View Post
The noid not making noise can be battery issues. You may have a battery that's putting out a little less than 9 volts. If it works when aired up "if it ain't broke don't fix it". And the orings, I'd change them all the marker came with a ###t ton of orings
Not at all. It's been stated by Jack Wood that the solenoid in the Etha is an air-assisted solenoid. Therefore, if you do not have an air source going into the marker, the noid may not always click when pulling the trigger. However, throw a tank of air onto it and you'll see it works just fine.

Team Adversity