Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2012, 03:44 PM #1
DarcSystems

Issue with Virtue board

I have an 05 Spyder Electra. I recently upgraded to the virtue board for it. It worked great for my first time out with the gun. 2 months later, I had another game, and it worked for about 2 minutes, then started failing. I would pull the trigger, and it would spit out a ball or two, then I would get nothing. Give it a second or two, and shoot, and another one would fire, then nothing. Eventually it got to the point where the marker would turn on, LED would be nice and bright, shoot once, the LED would be dim, try to shoot again, it would just turn off. At first I thought it was the battery. Battery was not the problem. Wiring was all good, and intact, solenoid was good. I even changed out the large capacitor on the board, and it didn't solve the issue. I'm not sure what the small cap does, as I don't have a diagram for this board. I tried contacting Virtue twice, but they've ignored my emails. No eyes on this gun, by the way. I was gonna put some in, but didn't think it would be worth it to machine this marker.

Anyway, an insight would be appreciated. If this is in the wrong section, or already answered in the past, I apologize. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh yeah, tried a master reset on the board too, and got no change.
DarcSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 PM #2
Rawdog56

I'm kind of having the same issues with my 05 ego board. I too tried to contact virtue and have had no reply after a week! To make things even better, their website link to the warranty info doesn't work.

I realize they are probably busy but so far the customer relations is seriously lacking. And they need to fix their website.
Rawdog56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:11 AM #3
Holyman0007

Holyman0007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Really sounds like a dead battery especially since it slowly died like that instead of turning off instantly.
Does it turn on anymore?
Holyman0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM #4
DarcSystems

Yeah, it still turns on. I confirmed the battery works in my pilot ACS/Tadao setup. Also tried another fully charged Spider 9.6v battery, and even tried a fresh standard 9v. All with the same results. I confirmed the voltage on a multimeter too. The battery I can 100% rule out at this point, as well as the large capacitor. There is a smaller cap in there, that I'm not sure what it does. Any one know? Is it worth trying to replace?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 PM #5
DarcSystems

Bump. Any other ideas?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:27 PM #6
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation