PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-01-2016, 03:29 PM #1
SplatAction1986
Owner of Splat Action

Smile Oregon vs. Washington -June 4th@Splat Action -July 16th@KC-Crusaders

Last edited by SplatAction1986 : 05-10-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added new flyer. New picture.
SplatAction1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2016, 05:30 PM #2
Ben Onish
ComradeBen

Annual Supporting Member
Ben Onish owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Ben Onish supports DLX Technology
Ben Onish supports Ninja Paintball
Ben Onish supports Empire
What kind of paint will you guys be selling?
Bob Long G6R, Ninja 68 with SLP, Z2
Ben Onish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:04 PM #3
impulseballer42586
What can Blue do for you?

Annual Supporting Member
impulseballer42586 is a Moderator
impulseballer42586 is Legendary
impulseballer42586 supports Ninja Paintball
Round paint?

Step #1 - Go Here
Step #2 - Read This
Step #3 - Don't talk about fight club
impulseballer42586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:29 AM #4
Ben Onish
ComradeBen

Annual Supporting Member
Ben Onish owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Ben Onish supports DLX Technology
Ben Onish supports Ninja Paintball
Ben Onish supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post
Round paint?
This guy....

like paint and prices?
Bob Long G6R, Ninja 68 with SLP, Z2
Ben Onish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:58 PM #5
KaCaBUla

has been a member for 10 years
KaCaBUla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post
Round paint?
well I'm assuming that it'll be GI/draxxus paint so no, not round.
KaCaBUla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:58 PM #6
SplatAction1986
Owner of Splat Action

Yes, it will be GI Sportz paint. It will be high quality, special-event paint. I am personally going to the warehouse two days prior to the event to ensure product quality. If anyone wants to tag along with me, you are more than welcome. We will be offering 2 or more grades of paint. Paint starts at $55 p/case.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:34 PM #7
Eddie3345
Fearless-novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplatAction1986 View Post
Yes, it will be GI Sportz paint. It will be high quality, special-event paint. I am personally going to the warehouse two days prior to the event to ensure product quality. If anyone wants to tag along with me, you are more than welcome. We will be offering 2 or more grades of paint. Paint starts at $55 p/case.
1. Oregon will win
2. how far are you from woodburn (driving wise?)
3. id like to see the factory
Old 03-11-2016, 07:03 PM #8
SplatAction1986
Owner of Splat Action

Our field is located just east of Woodburn just twenty minutes away!The Warehouse is located in Salem,if any of you would like to check it out just send me an email.

splatactionpdx@gmail.com
Old 03-11-2016, 08:08 PM #9
OregonPb

OregonPb is playing at Living Legends VIII
OregonPb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OregonPb supports Shocker RSX
obviously Oregon would win..
Dowdy #48
Eugene/Seattle
OregonPb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:13 PM #10
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

jtguy2269 supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonPb View Post
obviously Oregon would win..
preach
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:30 PM #11
SplatAction1986
Owner of Splat Action

Updated information for first event June 3, 4, 5 at Splat Action, please see first post.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:00 PM #12
TheNordicBuffadillo
Still roaming...

Annual Supporting Member
TheNordicBuffadillo plays in the APPA beginner division
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TheNordicBuffadillo supports DLX Technology
TheNordicBuffadillo supports Ninja Paintball
Can't wait!!! Washington is going down like a sack of apples, I'll tell you that much. =)
TheNordicBuffadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:52 AM #13
Legion Coordinator
Rogue Legion

Yep... like a big sack full of apples that have been painted pretty colors and bruised badly...
Old 05-15-2016, 01:18 PM #14
tye jackal

Super excited for this event
Old 05-21-2016, 07:14 PM #15
kman

Annual Supporting Member
kman is a founding member
kman is reppin' sidebar 4 life
kman supports Ninja Paintball
Sweet. I might have to try and hit this on the Saturday event.
kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:37 AM #16
Legion Coordinator
Rogue Legion

Here's a preview of the rules format for THE BIG GAME...

Unlimited Play: All games throughout the weekend will be unlimited re-spawn games.

Tanks, Rockets, and Grenades: For the Saturday and Sunday game, tanks and rockets will be in use for both sides. Tanks will use kill nets on the sides/front and are eliminated by any rocket landing inside the nets. Rockets can also be used against bunkers/trees to eliminate opponents within ten feet. Paint grenades (which will be available at the field) will follow the same ten foot rule and eliminate anyone standing near where they explode.

Friday-Team Death-Match: The main objective of this game is simple; eliminate as many of the enemy as you can. Points will be awarded based on the number of players eliminated by each team. The state flags will also be placed on the field, with bonus points going to the team that captures their enemy’s flag and holds it at their base for the night. The teams will go head-to-head for one hour, a short break will be called and the sides flipped, then a second hour will decide the winner for the night.

Saturday-THE BIG GAME: Objective bases will be located at Fort Rebel, Scotty’s Hideout, Putin Tower, Hamburger Hill, and Deadwood Town, but the entire field will be open. One point will be awarded every half hour for each base that a team controls. A Major objective will be announced for each hour of play as well that will be worth five points at the end of that hour. A General from each team will have to coordinate ground and armor forces to maintain maximum field control at all times. The game will go for two and a half hours, a lunch break and field reset will be called, then the second round will go for another two and a half hours.

Sunday-Scenario Battles: Two different one hour games will be played, “Capture the Rags” and “The Grinder.” In the first round, the teams will compete to reach one of two different objective bases, retrieve a rag, and return it to their start point. The team that collects the most rags by the end of the round wins. The second round will be a knockdown battle for control over Splat Action’s famous Hamburger Hill, in which the teams attempt to plant their flag on the summit and control it for the rest of the hour. The victorious team will receive fifteen points for each game and the winners of the last round will also receive bonus tickets for the final raffle.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:21 AM #17
Legion Coordinator
Rogue Legion

Updates on THE BIG GAME...

1) A Mag-fed only round has been added to the game plan for Saturday. It'll be a one hour round starting at 5:30PM, after the normal BIG GAME.

2) Paint available at the field will be... GI 2 Star for $45 a case, GI 4 Star for $55 a case, and Evil Paintballs for $60 a case.

3) Supergame paint will be allowed on field for THE BIG GAME weekend. Any SG paint used needs to be brought on site in an unopened bag (so still basically new), but you are allowed to use it for June 3rd, 4th, and 5th only.

4) Rules briefing start times for THE BIG GAME WEEKEND... Friday, 6:00PM. Saturday 10:00AM, Sunday, 10:00AM and 12:30PM. All games will start one hour after the briefing time listed.

See you out there this weekend!
Old 06-02-2016, 11:57 AM #18
OKC-Arturo

Awesome sounds like a blast, will bring the T15 too
OKC-Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:50 AM #19
Legion Coordinator
Rogue Legion

Thank you to everyone who made it out on Saturday for the first ever Splat Action BIG GAME! It was an exhausting day for all of us, but the Oregon and Washington teams fought like champions. Final score… Washington-28, Oregon-32. The game was tied a mere half hour before it was over and it all came down to the final objective on Hamburger Hill. Oregon just barely squeaked out a victory by keeping their flag flying on the summit to the very end and earning the last five points needed to win. It was an absolutely epic game and an honor to run!

I want thank all of you that came up and talked with me throughout the day and shared your thoughts on the game. I was absolutely humbled by your generous compliments and positive feedback. It was amazing to see how quickly and how frequently players returned onto the field, often after walking off of it drenched in sweat only minutes beforehand. Prepping for the event and writing the scenario game was a hectic ordeal to go through, but when I saw the smiles on everyone’s faces at the end of the day, it felt like all the many hours I spent tapping on the keyboard and working at the field were worth it for the turnout. In truth, you all MADE the event. YOU kept the battle going all day with your energy and enthusiasm, literally pouring your sweat into the endeavor, as it was hotter than hell! My gratitude goes out to you all for supporting the event like you did!

To all my outstanding teammates on Rogue Legion, you guys rock my freaking world! The scenario would have been a pale shadow of what it was without your many contributions. You labored on the field and the roads, you spent four weekends in a row working on a tank, you filled out the blank spots in the staff roster, you flip-flopped back and forth all day to balance the teams, you manned the Automated Machinegun under that brutal sun, you kept me motivated and positive, and that’s not even half of all you contributed. I still cannot believe you guys stayed inside that rolling oven for four hours… I can only imagine the smell… Much love and respect!

I also want to thank the awesome referees that I tortured for an entire day; Cameron, Zach, Shannon, Joe, and Jack, along with the NW Rogue volunteer refs, Eric, Mark, Michael, Miles, and Felix. It would have been pure, unholy chaos out there if not for you guys. You all did an incredible job managing the field and I am truly happy to have worked with you chaps.

Finally, I have to give the last shout out to John Vida, the owner of Splat Action and the original idea man behind THE BIG GAME. The resources that went into cranking out this event were significant and he consistently approved all of my suggestions for upping the stakes of the scenario. His primary concern in the whole endeavor was simply to make an awesome game happen that the patrons of the field would look forward to playing again next year. Whether it was a matter of burning up an entire case of smoke grenades or building a Rogue Legion tank in less than a month, he put everything he could throw into the pot. Well done, sir!

That’s all for now, but I’ll be posting up an After Action Report, pictures, and hopefully some video soon on Facebook for anyone who’s interested. Cheers =)
Old 06-06-2016, 02:11 PM #20
OKC-Arturo

I attended Saturdays game and had a really good time. I have only been to Splat one other time in my life and that experience was largely positive and uneventful. This time around it's clear Splat has upped their game exponentially.

The refs were some of the most attentive and knowledgeable event staff I have ever experience in PB. It was really impressive. The overall operation was smooth and I heard from several others how much they enjoyed the day too.

I definitely plan to go back to Splat Action. It was a really good experience and hope others who remain skeptical will give Splat a second look.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:02 PM #21
pbmustang

pbmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups