Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 08:32 PM #22
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.
 
Metsfan323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HTX
Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Those Luxes are hella dope. Gotta love the silver/aqua GT though. I'd do anything for that.
__________________
Team Brutality | 2012 MAO National Champion
Headgear Fanatic.
"Turn something small into something spectacular."

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 PM #23
inmylife2415
SBPB
 
inmylife2415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison
inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
i want a clone gt soooo bad
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 PM #24
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.
 
Metsfan323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HTX
Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmylife2415 View Post
i want a clone gt soooo bad
Oh boy, I don't blame ya. I would've picked one up at HB, but I hate NPPL. Can't go wrong with Hunting Beach though.
__________________
Team Brutality | 2012 MAO National Champion
Headgear Fanatic.
"Turn something small into something spectacular."

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 PM #25
James@MacDev
secret underground lair
 
James@MacDev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Australia
 has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstreetman47 View Post
Right?? i dont understand wy they price **** so high. There is no way in HELL it cost as much to develop a paintball gun as a top quality Assault Rifle. You cant get a fully customized top quality M4 for the price of this paintball gun. If they want the sport to thrive and grow and become what it easily could be LOWER THE PRICES! In reality they could sale this for $500 and still make tons of profit (im guessing i have no research or info to back this but just guessing). I would LOVE to see the development cost for these things. And same goes for paintballs i can go buy 2 Gallons of paint for the cost of $55 rec balls. I dont know it just aggravates me. Im a baller on a strict budget and i LOVE the game but i got family and bills to pay for. But on a side note this gat is sick as **** and i want one. :* ( Im Rocking an ION still... hahahaha o well i make that **** WORK!
let me explain this too you, when you manufacture things there is not only raw cost of materials you need to factor in;

wages
electricity
tooling
machine servicing
R & D
Sponsorship
etc etc

we make all the guns in house and wages are not cheap like in asia, we also put a lot back into the sport with sponsorship of events and teams which drives the price if things up.

the gun is also solid billet machined, there are no cast or forged parts which takes a long time to make.

so in short we could never ever sell this gun for $500! i hope this helps you to understand why some high end guns cost what they do. we will never be rich making paintball guns but we are doing what we enjoy
__________________
James - MACDEV production and design
get tech questions answered fast at..........
www.macdevmilitia.com
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:40 PM #26
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.
 
Metsfan323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HTX
Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by James@MacDev View Post
let me explain this too you, when you manufacture things there is not only raw cost of materials you need to factor in;

wages
electricity
tooling
machine servicing
R & D
Sponsorship
etc etc

we make all the guns in house and wages are not cheap like in asia, we also put a lot back into the sport with sponsorship of events and teams which drives the price if things up.

the gun is also solid billet machined, there are no cast or forged parts which takes a long time to make.

so in short we could never ever sell this gun for $500! i hope this helps you to understand why some high end guns cost what they do. we will never be rich making paintball guns but we are doing what we enjoy
Y'all make great guns, and the GT + the Clone VX are some of the best guns to ever hit the market. Whether the price is high or not, it's not much higher than a Geo or Ego. People aren't complaining about PE, but they'll complain about Macdev..it's dumb as heck.
Y'all make great high end markers, so keep it up!
__________________
Team Brutality | 2012 MAO National Champion
Headgear Fanatic.
"Turn something small into something spectacular."

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 PM #27
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.
 
insixdays777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Iowa
 has been a member for 10 years
insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Macdev products are always worth every penny!
__________________
Alien ND
Luxe OLED
DM14
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 PM #28
TheHef
 
 
TheHef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstreetman47 View Post
Right?? i dont understand wy they price **** so high. There is no way in HELL it cost as much to develop a paintball gun as a top quality Assault Rifle. You cant get a fully customized top quality M4 for the price of this paintball gun. If they want the sport to thrive and grow and become what it easily could be LOWER THE PRICES! In reality they could sale this for $500 and still make tons of profit (im guessing i have no research or info to back this but just guessing). I would LOVE to see the development cost for these things. And same goes for paintballs i can go buy 2 Gallons of paint for the cost of $55 rec balls. I dont know it just aggravates me. Im a baller on a strict budget and i LOVE the game but i got family and bills to pay for. But on a side note this gat is sick as **** and i want one. :* ( Im Rocking an ION still... hahahaha o well i make that **** WORK!

First a top quality m4 will easily cost over 3k, do a little research and you will see that m4 's have also been around for a long time. I agree I would love to see this gun closer to the 1200 price point but it's a business and they have to make money.
__________________
Vanquish 1.5 and DM7

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:50 PM #29
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.
 
Metsfan323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HTX
Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
Macdev products are always worth every penny!
Exactly! The Clone was a great line, all versions of it too. The Clone GT will be even better as well.
__________________
Team Brutality | 2012 MAO National Champion
Headgear Fanatic.
"Turn something small into something spectacular."

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:07 PM #30
r3dn3kr0dkill
TK,TK,TK,TK,TK,TK,TK,TK
 
r3dn3kr0dkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando
Never noticed how much 'sharper' the milling is on the Clone GT compared to the normal Clone. Not bad!
r3dn3kr0dkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 PM #31
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.
 
Metsfan323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HTX
Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dn3kr0dkill View Post
Never noticed how much 'sharper' the milling is on the Clone GT compared to the normal Clone. Not bad!
Lol, I know! The milling, and just the overall looks and ergonomics are great on the GT. It looks phenomenal to the max.
__________________
Team Brutality | 2012 MAO National Champion
Headgear Fanatic.
"Turn something small into something spectacular."

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 PM #32
Tstreetman47
 
 
Tstreetman47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Shaw, AFB
Tstreetman47 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Tstreetman47 supports Team VICIOUS
Tstreetman47 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Tstreetman47 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
my 1400 was if you buy the peices and put it together yourself which granted isnt very fair but M4 are extremely simple so idk why you wouldnt go that route. and also i never singled macdev out i completely agree they are as good as any and the other such as Planet E i feel are too expensive as well. And to the person that apparently works for macdev yes im sure the manufacturing cost is more than i know BUT all im getting at is the Paintball manufacturers should attempt to lower your prices and go for quantity sales because for every two you sale for 1400 you could probably sale 6 at 1000. And with the ****ty resale value most markers have i can imagine its difficult to compete with used markers. I mean im nobody i dont know business any more than the next guy but it just seems something is flawed. and like i said im a lover of the sport but it SUCKS it's so expensive to play. I mean this is litterally the most expensive non automotive sport i can think of. A halfway serious player plays 2-3 times a month so $15 entry/air $55 for paint so $70 a week x3 so $210 a month not including upkeep or events. then you also have gear used mid end gun $350, Loader $80, Tank $100. so $530 without pack pods pads jersey pants. I mean i see young 12 year olds come out and play every week and LOVE it but may never play again because thier parents are like holy **** you playing football! aha and if there is nothing you can do o well im wrong and it sucks because the sport would ROCKET if it was just cheaper. We need a Trump to see the profit in this sport and start mass producing everything at low cost hahaha. but i guess everyone has their own fairy tale. And i dont mean to offend anyone and i DEFINITELY dont mean to attack Macdev or any other manufactures im just venting i guess and stating my opinion (like an armpit everyone has them and most stink when used). So until my fantasy comes true or i hit the lotto ill be rocking the outdated Ions and still loving the game. As i said earlier I love the new guns they are very sexy and seem to shoot great! This video will be the closest ill come to shooting one haha, Unless the rich kid on my team gets one. lol
__________________
Ambition can't be bought, it's something that's in your veins.
Tstreetman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 PM #33
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.
 
Metsfan323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HTX
Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstreetman47 View Post
my 1400 was if you buy the peices and put it together yourself which granted isnt very fair but M4 are extremely simple so idk why you wouldnt go that route. and also i never singled macdev out i completely agree they are as good as any and the other such as Planet E i feel are too expensive as well. And to the person that apparently works for macdev yes im sure the manufacturing cost is more than i know BUT all im getting at is the Paintball manufacturers should attempt to lower your prices and go for quantity sales because for every two you sale for 1400 you could probably sale 6 at 1000. And with the ****ty resale value most markers have i can imagine its difficult to compete with used markers. I mean im nobody i dont know business any more than the next guy but it just seems something is flawed. and like i said im a lover of the sport but it SUCKS it's so expensive to play. I mean this is litterally the most expensive non automotive sport i can think of. A halfway serious player plays 2-3 times a month so $15 entry/air $55 for paint so $70 a week x3 so $210 a month not including upkeep or events. then you also have gear used mid end gun $350, Loader $80, Tank $100. so $530 without pack pods pads jersey pants. I mean i see young 12 year olds come out and play every week and LOVE it but may never play again because thier parents are like holy **** you playing football! aha and if there is nothing you can do o well im wrong and it sucks because the sport would ROCKET if it was just cheaper. We need a Trump to see the profit in this sport and start mass producing everything at low cost hahaha. but i guess everyone has their own fairy tale. And i dont mean to offend anyone and i DEFINITELY dont mean to attack Macdev or any other manufactures im just venting i guess and stating my opinion (like an armpit everyone has them and most stink when used). So until my fantasy comes true or i hit the lotto ill be rocking the outdated Ions and still loving the game. As i said earlier I love the new guns they are very sexy and seem to shoot great! This video will be the closest ill come to shooting one haha, Unless the rich kid on my team gets one. lol
Woah there, that was hella long.
But..what you're saying is completely true. You have to think of it this way, if you really want to take paintball to the next level, you're most likely going to have to own a high end marker such as Dye, Macdev or PE. You can go the Empire route with the Axe, but the reliability on those isn't too great. Although they're easy to maintain, the higher end guns will always be better.
We know that they're more expensive than real guns such as the M4 you stated, but we spend our money on what we're interested in.
Don't get me wrong, you're completely right as well.
__________________
Team Brutality | 2012 MAO National Champion
Headgear Fanatic.
"Turn something small into something spectacular."

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:57 PM #34
DrFresh
the Business
 
DrFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: dallas texas
DrFresh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DrFresh has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
that white and teal is tits
DrFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM #35
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.
 
Metsfan323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HTX
Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Exactly, if that means it's hella dope, then you're correct sir. I fell in love when it came out, too bad I can't afford that with my Luxe and 1 of 1 DM12.
__________________
Team Brutality | 2012 MAO National Champion
Headgear Fanatic.
"Turn something small into something spectacular."

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 PM #36
juzdabeatpaintball
Russian Midget
 
juzdabeatpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Snake
juzdabeatpaintball is playing at Living Legends VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports Team VICIOUS
juzdabeatpaintball posts videos on PbNation
juzdabeatpaintball is attending Decay of Nations VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports DLX Technology
i like them
__________________
█▓▒░√ιק░▒▓█
juzdabeatpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 PM #37
juzdabeatpaintball
Russian Midget
 
juzdabeatpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Snake
juzdabeatpaintball is playing at Living Legends VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports Team VICIOUS
juzdabeatpaintball posts videos on PbNation
juzdabeatpaintball is attending Decay of Nations VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports DLX Technology
and the luxes
__________________
█▓▒░√ιק░▒▓█
juzdabeatpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 PM #38
juzdabeatpaintball
Russian Midget
 
juzdabeatpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Snake
juzdabeatpaintball is playing at Living Legends VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports Team VICIOUS
juzdabeatpaintball posts videos on PbNation
juzdabeatpaintball is attending Decay of Nations VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports DLX Technology
wow
__________________
█▓▒░√ιק░▒▓█
juzdabeatpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:04 PM #39
Metsfan323
Rowdy Gentleman.
 
Metsfan323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HTX
Metsfan323 plays in the PSP
Metsfan323 supports Team VICIOUS
Metsfan323 plays in the APPA D3 division
Please, please, please don't triple post again. Just multi-quote if you really have to. Thanks.
__________________
Team Brutality | 2012 MAO National Champion
Headgear Fanatic.
"Turn something small into something spectacular."

VSB. | Grey/Grey DM13 For Sale!
Metsfan323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 PM #40
juzdabeatpaintball
Russian Midget
 
juzdabeatpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Snake
juzdabeatpaintball is playing at Living Legends VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports Team VICIOUS
juzdabeatpaintball posts videos on PbNation
juzdabeatpaintball is attending Decay of Nations VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports DLX Technology
i like green and black
__________________
█▓▒░√ιק░▒▓█
juzdabeatpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 PM #41
juzdabeatpaintball
Russian Midget
 
juzdabeatpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Snake
juzdabeatpaintball is playing at Living Legends VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports Team VICIOUS
juzdabeatpaintball posts videos on PbNation
juzdabeatpaintball is attending Decay of Nations VI
juzdabeatpaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan323 View Post
Please, please, please don't triple post again. Just multi-quote if you really have to. Thanks.
and im sorry
__________________
█▓▒░√ιק░▒▓█
juzdabeatpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 PM #42
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.
 
insixdays777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Iowa
 has been a member for 10 years
insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Paintball is an expensive rich boy sport. It always has been and always will be. There are far better "inexpensive"/ cheap markers around today than there ever has been.

Work hard, make good life choices, get a good job and buy any gun you want. If you cant afford a Macdev marker now there are plenty of good guns out there around 200-$300.00.

Macdev like other highend companies makes a very refined well developed product for a premium pricetag for a pricey hobby.

"Highend" guns today are cheaper than they were 10-13yrs ago. The "best-highend" cockers on the market sold new for 1800-$2000.00 back in the good ole days.

I am happy to get a $1400 MD beast, much more gun for the money when compared to the $1800 "Pro-player-gunsmith" custom super cocker of the late 90'S
__________________
Alien ND
Luxe OLED
DM14
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump