Old 04-20-2012, 10:42 PM #190
paintballaddict80

paintballaddict80 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballaddict80 plays in the APPA beginner division
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanie08
Regardless, is it smaller than the stock feedneck?

Sorry to hear about the mishap though, I also have one on the way so I'm curious to see what mine looks like.
It's clearly going to be smaller than the stock feedneck, but the windowed one looks smaller than the non-windowed feedneck.

"Iíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ĖMichael Jordan
paintballaddict80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2012, 10:48 PM #191
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
Yeah I figured as much, Skin, any chance you can take a pic of them side by side for a comparison?
Swanie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:58 PM #192
skinz-n-bonez

skinz-n-bonez owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skinz-n-bonez owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
skinz-n-bonez has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
skinz-n-bonez has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanie08 View Post
Yeah I figured as much, Skin, any chance you can take a pic of them side by side for a comparison?
Here are two pics of the Shocktech feedneck I got in comparison to the stock feedneck.

From a quick measurement, it appears as tho the Shocktech is about 1/8 of an inch shorter than the stock.

Don't get me wrong, the Shocktech still does it job. My only complaint is that because it uses a delrin spacer to pivot, if you don't have the adjustment made to be as precise as possible, the lever won't close all the way. This happens the most if you are trying to over tighten. You will have a noticeable gap between the clamping band and the lever.

* To the OP, sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. The ANSGEAR product came up and since I bought one, was just stating my experience with the product I received from them.

** If anyone from ANSGEAR is reading this, I am not trying to convince anyone to NOT get your product or order from you guys either. That is their own choice. Again, I am simply stating my experience with the product that was mentioned and with my order.
skinz-n-bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 AM #193
paintballaddict80

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinz-n-bonez

Here are two pics of the Shocktech feedneck I got in comparison to the stock feedneck.

From a quick measurement, it appears as tho the Shocktech is about 1/8 of an inch shorter than the stock.

Don't get me wrong, the Shocktech still does it job. My only complaint is that because it uses a delrin spacer to pivot, if you don't have the adjustment made to be as precise as possible, the lever won't close all the way. This happens the most if you are trying to over tighten. You will have a noticeable gap between the clamping band and the lever.

* To the OP, sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. The ANSGEAR product came up and since I bought one, was just stating my experience with the product I received from them.

** If anyone from ANSGEAR is reading this, I am not trying to convince anyone to NOT get your product or order from you guys either. That is their own choice. Again, I am simply stating my experience with the product that was mentioned and with my order.
The windowed feedneck is about 1.1 inches. That way you can compare it to your feedneck.

Edit: 1.1 inches includes the entire feedneck, from the top to the very bottom of the threads.

"Iíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ĖMichael Jordan

Last edited by paintballaddict80 : 04-21-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:24 PM #194
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Empire
So today I received my Shocktech feedneck in the mail for my Axe and right away it was noticeably smaller than the stock feedneck. Basically, what we were all looking for is something that is close to the nano feedneck.

My stock feedneck unscrewed with a bit of effort (no vice) and didn't have any blue loctite on it. I installed the new one without a hitch and it will need some locktite, but the lever on the feedneck is just as wonky as the stock lever. I had some concerns right away after installing the feedneck.

First, it's insanely hard to clamp the lever shut so that my Rotor will sit securely in the Shocktech feedneck.

Second, the outer layer of the Shocktech feedneck obviously swivels around the static base part which isn't a bad thing. Although, as it swivels it makes this grinding metal sound as if it's shreding the base of the feedneck. I haven't seen any metal shavings yet, but I'm also getting the same sound from lever when I open and clamp it shut.

I'm convinced to send the feedneck back because it's a mediocre upgrade compared to the stock feedneck which everyone claims is trash.

I'll post pictures and a possible video later to describe my thoughts.

http://www.ansgear.com/Shocktech_Inv...nifndblack.htm

^^Was the actual feedneck I received, not the one that is listed in Skinz post.^^
Old 04-23-2012, 04:01 PM #195
paintballaddict80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanie08
So today I received my Shocktech feedneck in the mail for my Axe and right away it was noticeably smaller than the stock feedneck. Basically, what we were all looking for is something that is close to the nano feedneck.

My stock feedneck unscrewed with a bit of effort (no vice) and didn't have any blue loctite on it. I installed the new one without a hitch and it will need some locktite, but the lever on the feedneck is just as wonky as the stock lever. I had some concerns right away after installing the feedneck.

First, it's insanely hard to clamp the lever shut so that my Rotor will sit securely in the Shocktech feedneck.

Second, the outer layer of the Shocktech feedneck obviously swivels around the static base part which isn't a bad thing. Although, as it swivels it makes this grinding metal sound as if it's shreding the base of the feedneck. I haven't seen any metal shavings yet, but I'm also getting the same sound from lever when I open and clamp it shut.

I'm convinced to send the feedneck back because it's a mediocre upgrade compared to the stock feedneck which everyone claims is trash.

^^Was the actual feedneck I received, not the one that is listed in Skinz post.^^
Pics?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM #196
L3G0
Mini Master

L3G0 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
L3G0 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
L3G0 is attending Decay of Nations VI
well with these results, I should be receiving the actual one aswell.. instead of the other one he got..
L3G0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:06 PM #197
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Empire
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballaddict80 View Post
Pics?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:13 PM #198
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Empire
So here is what I've come up with:

The stock feedneck measures in at, 1-3/8"
The Shocktech feedneck measures in at, 1-1/8"

So in actuality, it's only 1/4" that separates the two.

My gripe is the lever on the Shocktech feedneck. It's very small to maneuver if you have larger hands like myself and it just feels wonky to me. Instead of using the lever to unclamp and pull my rotor out, I have to loosen or tighten the screw on the opposing side which is a pain. I feel like I have to do this with both feednecks in all honesty.

In my opinion, is $19 really worth a new feedneck that is a fraction smaller that the stock one? Probably not. Will I use it, maybe.

If anyone would like to get a hold of one, PM me.

Last edited by Swanie08 : 04-23-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:34 PM #199
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Those cut-outs scream "paint in the breach". I mean seriously, I'm sure all of us have gotten shot in the feedneck before.

Hope you guys like cleaning your eyes!
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM #200
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Those cut-outs scream "paint in the breach". I mean seriously, I'm sure all of us have gotten shot in the feedneck before.

Hope you guys like cleaning your eyes!
Not at all. Unless you play without a hopper, then it could be trouble.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:15 PM #201
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Hey now, everyone loves a good game of musketball every now and then!

I realized I'm an idiot for not thinking about the hopper neck blocking out the holes.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 PM #202
Teahouser
that one guy

I don't mind that feedneck, I think. I'd like to see what the front of it looks like, but swanie decided to take three pics of all the same side, same side that's in the ans pics.

Neat design with all the cut outs. I just wonder if those thin and far between clamping arms and the swivel collar with all those cutouts would weaken the feedneck at all?
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:30 PM #203
L3G0
Mini Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
Not at all. Unless you play without a hopper, then it could be trouble.
exactly, i was going to point out the hopper blocks it. but i thought it was pretty self explanatory...
Old 04-23-2012, 07:01 PM #204
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
I don't mind that feedneck, I think. I'd like to see what the front of it looks like, but swanie decided to take three pics of all the same side, same side that's in the ans pics.

Neat design with all the cut outs. I just wonder if those thin and far between clamping arms and the swivel collar with all those cutouts would weaken the feedneck at all?
I'll take more pics when I get home from class.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 PM #205
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Empire
Here is the front view.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad feedneck, but being unable to properly use the clamp on it is quite frustrating.

Also, you have to tighten the screw fairly hard on the opposing side in order to get your hopper to stay locked into the feedneck. Then, you can't use the lever to release the hold on the hopper.

That would end up being my one downfall to this feedneck.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:25 PM #206
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Here is the front view.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad feedneck, but being unable to properly use the clamp on it is quite frustrating.

Also, you have to tighten the screw fairly hard on the opposing side in order to get your hopper to stay locked into the feedneck. Then, you can't use the lever to release the hold on the hopper.

That would end up being my one downfall to this feedneck.

The nano needs to be unscrewed quite far to tighten a rotor as well. My nano's adjustment screw is probably only in half the threads of the brass swivel block. Once tightened though it stays tight, I don't have to re-adjust constantly since the nano has an oring behind the screw head that keeps it from loosening. I also polished the brass swivel, so even though the lever arm closes tightly, it still glides smooth open and closed with the polished brass.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM #207
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
The nano needs to be unscrewed quite far to tighten a rotor as well. My nano's adjustment screw is probably only in half the threads of the brass swivel block. Once tightened though it stays tight, I don't have to re-adjust constantly since the nano has an oring behind the screw head that keeps it from loosening. I also polished the brass swivel, so even though the lever arm closes tightly, it still glides smooth open and closed with the polished brass.
Good to know, but there is no o-ring behind the screw head sadly. Other than that, how tall is the Nano? From the bottom of the threads to the top of the neck?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 PM #208
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Good to know, but there is no o-ring behind the screw head sadly. Other than that, how tall is the Nano? From the bottom of the threads to the top of the neck?
I don't like measuring from the threads since some feednecks have longer threads then others. Since the height that matters when it's on gun, that's how I measure it's height, from where it enters the gun's body. My nano feedneck rises 5.5/8" (1.7cm) from my guns body. That is very low profile, lol.

Can you measure yours in the same way so we can compare?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:51 PM #209
L3G0
Mini Master

I also know that when I changed from my halo B to my friends rotor v3 to test it out, I had to loosen the STOCK feedneck quiet a bit to get it to tighten down, because it wouldn't even close half way with it were it was to clamp tight on my halo b
Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 PM #210
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Empire
The Shocktech measures in at 7/8" (2.3-2.4cm) after being threaded in.

So 1.5/8" taller than your Nano at 5.5/8" (1.7cm)

While the stock feedneck coming in at 1-1/8" (3cm) or 3.5/8" taller than the Nano.

Nano (1.7cm)
Shocktech (2.3-2.4cm)
Stock (3cm)

Hope this helps everyone!