Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 PM #1
John S.

Owners and shooters thread

If you own or have played with an Eraser or Chaser, post your comments here. I'm sure everyone would liike to hear about your experience with these pistols.

I for one have had a great time playing with my Eraser. A few of my friends have them too and we've played at SC Village with them multiple times. I even had it on me when we played the UWL this past weekend although I didn't get a chance to bust it out during the game.
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2009, 02:02 PM #2
WorrFighter
Sweet Serenity

I play pump. I am very interested in one of these. So, how do they stack up against other markers? As far as playing with electros and other mechs?

g2 has a skanky sig!
Member of the KOT before it was ruined .
WorrFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:31 PM #3
John S.

It's a completely different type of game since I wouldn't use a pistol to try and shoot an opponent clear across a standard paintball field. Also, the limited amount of rounds (9 per clip) is not ideal for trying to lane anyone with it.

I like the close quarters situation that this marker line presents. If you like getting up close and personal with your opponent, this is the way to go. It's accurate up to more than 50 feet but suited for shorter ranges.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:27 PM #4
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
you too john!? this is were all the cool guys are hiding. Any mods you can come up with for these new pistols?

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 PM #5
John S.

I'm working on it Ferret.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM #6
jvaughn94
***Electro Hunter***

I think im gonna pick me up one of these little beasts after i finish my current project.

***Broke Ballers Club Cakemaker***

Go forth and TUX **** up!!!
jvaughn94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:57 PM #7
tesguy
I am the Queen of France!

tesguy helped look for balloons
tesguy is an NCPA player
the eraser has a great feeling to it, and i was SUPER surprised at the accuracy/range.

IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER OR A THROTTLE, I'M NOT INTERESTED
tesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:33 AM #8
ajnin

I won a set of these at a TAW came, we had to do 1 vs 1's with the pistols. Its a neat little gun, one of the first actual paintball sidearms in my opinion, and I already own nearly every other pistol.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:10 AM #9
TMoNeE

TMoNeE helped look for balloons
Used my chaser a couple times, its alright. Would be more fun if I knew more people that had em, I just put mine up for sale a bit ago.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:44 AM #10
laaron25
¿Team No Idea?

laaron25 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
how long has anyone used one or owned one for? I have owned various bb/pellet pistols and paint ones that took the little co2 cartridges and they were ALL I mean ALL of them pieces of complete ****...they would all leak like a sive in a matter of know time. I am wondering how easy one of these little bastards is to service and repair. The 250 dollar MSRP is ridiculous in my opinion

FPA for life

Feedback
laaron25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:34 AM #11
robertseakykr

I've had my Eraser since May, no problems so far, about 4-5k through it. These are just minaturized Spyders (stacked tube blowbacks) so there hella easy to service.
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 PM #12
Mayvik

I picked up a barely used Chaser on eBay for a song..gotta say I like it quite a bit. My only beef is that the KT paint absolutely blows. Waaaaaay too brittle for a gun with a spring in the mag. Busting a ball inside = messy cleanup funtimes. I'm gonna try some RAP .43 cal stuff, as that's got a much thicker shell on it. Otherwise, the efficiency is as advertised, and the range was surprisingly good for .43. Accuracy with a stock "barrel" was also good..until the break. Once you break a ball though, it may as well be a paperweight.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:02 PM #13
John S.

The paint was made to have a brittle shell to break on clothing or soft targets even at low velocities.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:48 PM #14
Stan The Hitman

Stan The Hitman posts videos on PbNation
Ive heard the paint was stupidly brittle, so much so that it cant be used in other.43 cal markers like the rap4 handguns
eBay

Hitman Action Sports and Paintball Reviews: www.youtube.com/user/HitmanPaintball
Independent Reviews for the World of Paintball!
Stan The Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:06 AM #15
John S.

RAP4 handguns use airsoft technology designed to shoot plastic BBs, not paintballs. They increased the bore size to shoot .43 Cal paintballs but they are not gentle on paint, that's why the RAP4 paintballs are made the way it's and does not break unless your shooting at a wall or shoot a player point blank in the goggles. They can not handle brittle paintballs.

The Chaser and Eraser are able to shoot the specially formulated paintballs that have brittle shells designed to break on target. Kingman Training markers use the same delivery system as standard paintball marker scaled down to shoot .43 Caliber.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:02 AM #16
PnoyRx7

i paid 149.99 on sale ( eraser ) , yea the orange paint it comes with is complete garbage i chopped 3of5 balls and the squeegee is useless( i made my own custom micro fiber one ) , i bought a bottle of yellow and it works perfectly. Anyways i want them to come with a extended mag for mine.

Edit: btw im half filipino John S.
PnoyRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:08 PM #17
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnoyRx7 View Post
i paid 149.99 on sale ( eraser ) , yea the orange paint it comes with is complete garbage i chopped 3of5 balls and the squeegee is useless( i made my own custom micro fiber one ) , i bought a bottle of yellow and it works perfectly. Anyways i want them to come with a extended mag for mine.

Edit: btw im half filipino John S.
So am I buddy!

PM me and I might have some paintballs I can send your way...
Old 07-14-2010, 05:51 PM #18
Noltez
Ψ

Just grabbed an Eraser from my local shop this afternoon after extensive reading. Tried it out in the back yard, it's actually quite accurate at 50'. Easily put a ball on a target in 2 shots. Sites were reasonable but obviously a paintball is not a bullet. Plan is that it's a sidearm for clearing buildings - faster to maneuver and I don't have to give myself away when I'm inside by calling mercy on close opponents. .43mm paintball from 6' to the leg is a good tap but nowhere NEAR the hurt from a .68.

I looked at the TPX and the 8.1. I really like the TPX for it's no-shoot, no puncture CO2, and cheaper mags. Tiberius is the "gold standard" for pistols, but I cannot grip it comfortably. It's huge.

I'll say this - the paint is really brittle. One in the 3'rd clip, 3'rd to last shot. The last two shot through it. Washing the clip is easy (under water, blow dry) but the paint up the handle I used a long-handled q-tip and the supplied pull-thru squeegee.

I'm very excited to see how it works in a game.

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 PM #19
CNYpaintballer

I have most of a 500 round jug thru my chaser now. 4 clips in a game and it has done very well. I do have to say that once you break a ball you may as well put it down.
I found it rather easy to clean compared to others not enjoying it. I keep an Allen tool in my vest so sliding the pin over and getting the bolt out takes 5 seconds. I also didn't find using the squeegee thru the handle all that hard.

As far as up against an auto gun, I haven't had the chance yet. I did well vs a tippmann 98. It was a good woods ball gun for a side arm/backup while reloading the primary. But 9 shot clips in woods ball can be good and bad.

Last edited by CNYpaintballer : 08-06-2010 at 07:39 PM.
CNYpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM #20
Clendeningj

I am going to try and bore and tap so i can add a barrel and mod the gun to accept a stock. I think making it into a small barrel rifle would be awsome
Clendeningj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:44 PM #21
Clendeningj

Oh and btw the powder fill rap4 paint in this is awsome have to crank the vol. A bit but its as accurate as my 98 up to about 60ft
Clendeningj is offline   Reply With Quote