Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 AM #64
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Two caps and a tablet > Expensive ****ty tasting preWO drink.

400mg sulbutiame
200mg caffeine tab
20-60mg DMAA
Thanks. Will acquire Sulb with next protein order and attempt this.

Any recommendation on adding Beta Alanine? I want dem tingles.

The Novem isn't bad (mainly because I got it for cheap as ****), but one less dirty bottle to clean isn't gonna piss me off.
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 AM #65
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

You may want to get capped sulb, or cap it yourself, very foul tasting.

I usually take beta alanine in the bcaa's that I drink duri g the workout.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 AM #66
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
You may want to get capped sulb, or cap it yourself, very foul tasting.

I usually take beta alanine in the bcaa's that I drink duri g the workout.
Yeah I normally go caps when I can for stuff like that. I don't wanna ****s with powders and bad tastes.

What BCAAs do you use? I've been thinking about just getting my own BA to add into Xtend.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 AM #67
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
For the billionth time, can you post up the stimpack ingredients?

I need to start writing this **** down.

Been using the Novem I got with that deal a few months back. Has been working pretty well with DMAA.
What do you think about the combination? As in how you feel while on the two.

I had ordered the same thing (never use Pre-WOs, but wanted some DMAA, so why not take a free PWO with it), and I REALLY have to dose the DMAA high to feel it. I had been doing 2 scoops of novem with 750mg of agmatine, and then 60mg of DMAA. Felt nothing. I've always had a very high tolerance to stims, so I had a feeling 40mg would do nothing for me. Ramped it all the way up to 100mg before I felt anything: at 100mg, it felt very nice and I had a lot of focus, but truth be told I don't like having to give myself 100mg of DMAA to feel it lol.

Also, I'm in agreement with caffeine and DMAA being quite effective together. I only had to take 60mg of DMAA when I took it with two cups of coffee to get the same effect I described above.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 AM #68
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Yeah I normally go caps when I can for stuff like that. I don't wanna ****s with powders and bad tastes.

What BCAAs do you use? I've been thinking about just getting my own BA to add into Xtend.
I normally use Purple Wraath which already has the BA in it. But I'm going to try xtend and add in some BA powder, since I got those tubs on the cheap.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:03 AM #69
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
What do you think about the combination? As in how you feel while on the two.

I had ordered the same thing (never use Pre-WOs, but wanted some DMAA, so why not take a free PWO with it), and I REALLY have to dose the DMAA high to feel it. I had been doing 2 scoops of novem with 750mg of agmatine, and then 60mg of DMAA. Felt nothing. I've always had a very high tolerance to stims, so I had a feeling 40mg would do nothing for me. Ramped it all the way up to 100mg before I felt anything: at 100mg, it felt very nice and I had a lot of focus, but truth be told I don't like having to give myself 100mg of DMAA to feel it lol.

Also, I'm in agreement with caffeine and DMAA being quite effective together. I only had to take 60mg of DMAA when I took it with two cups of coffee to get the same effect I described above.
I normally do a big scoop (probably like a scoop and a quarter, just whatever heaps over) and 20mg of DMAA and feel it. Just the Novem wakes me up a little bit and gives me some extra energy, but the DMAA really picks it up.

I normally take at least 200mg of caffeine daily (if I get tired/out of it at work) so I have a pretty decent tolerance to that. The DMAA I tried on its own and it didn't really affect me much. Haven't gone over 20mg yet though.

Might just be my intolerance to DMAA, but the 1+ scoop and 20mg usually sets me straight for a workout and gives me some extra energy afterwards. I don't get the shakes or anything from it though, just energy and focus (and probably some extra sweating).
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM #70
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

Good stuff...I think our tolerance levels are a lot different. The issue with me and stims is that usually either they do nothing or give me the shakes lol. At 100mg, a cup of coffee, and 2 scoops of novem, I get a lot of focus, but after the workout my head is always rushing and I always feel a bit shaky. But if I cut the DMAA down any more, I just get nothing at all, during the workout or afterward. Feel like there's some scientific way to explain that, but it isn't coming to me at the moment haha.

Also, I don't do this every workout. Maybe once a week.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:31 PM #71
I need a name

Thanks for all the help. BB shipped out my protein and assault yesterday. To my surprise, it showed up this morning. The assault really worked. I normally hate cardio, it's boring and being fairly overweight my body doesn't agree with it. Maybe it's placebo, but I honestly didn't ever feel exhausted during my workout. I just kept running. My legs just didn't even seem to get tired, they kept going. I ended up running about 15 miles before even feeling a little bit tired. Sure, I was dripping sweat, but my legs just seemed to keep going faster and faster. I figured since I'm not exhausted in any way, I would just keep going. Before I knew it, the treadmill said that I had gone 15 miles. No breaks or anything. This is unheard of for me and I'm shocked at how far I went without any stopping. Even back when I was in shape, I never went that far. I was also able to push myself much further with weights.

Then the crash came.... Similar to a horrible hangover. Any advice for how to not get this feeling? Will I get used to it with time?

Also, should I be lifting before or after cardio? I've always done it after because I assumed that the time spent running would "warm" up my muscles.

Last question.... Should I be taking a multi vitamin? If so, which one? There are so many out there that I don't know where to start. I've always just grabbed whatever is cheap.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM #72
tanner202

inb4 heart attack/heart failure...

Cardio after, multi's are overrated if you are eating correctly

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
tanner202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:50 PM #73
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

The crash was similar to a horrible hangover? Wtf? From a pre-WO powder? Something seems off here...
Old 03-28-2012, 02:56 PM #74
hsilman
Disgustipated

The crash was more likely from jogging 15 ****ing miles.
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:36 PM #75
I need a name

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
The crash was similar to a horrible hangover? Wtf? From a pre-WO powder? Something seems off here...
Might just be from all the running combined with a lack of electrolytes in the past few days. All I have been drinking is water and protein shakes. I don't know for sure if it was just the Assault. Could be anything really. I'm not feeling it anymore though.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 PM #76
I need a name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner202 View Post
inb4 heart attack/heart failure...

Cardio after, multi's are overrated if you are eating correctly
Hey now, I'm not heart attack kind of overweight. It's just that I'm heavier than I would like to be.

I need to slow down my weight loss though. I'm down 13 pounds in a week. Good results, but not healthy.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:39 PM #77
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
Ive tried C4 extreme and wasnt a fan. Same goes for C4. Focus XT was good too IMO, Craze gave me nausea. Launch wasnt too bad,

Its not opinion.
jack3d/neurocore/whiteflood/warpath

stay away from assault make me sick, and i **** alot, same for n.o.

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM #78
GB20
G-no

GB20 is a Professional paintball player
GB20 is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Oh **** a forum captain. We better watch out, this mother****er goes hard.
-Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Evil View Post
Gno wtf is up with the Scuba Avi ? lol
He was ****ting on me for something I did in Texas. This is my retaliation. lol
INFAMOUS #20
JACKSONVILLE RAIDERS #20
VICIOUS #00
GB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 PM #79
tanner202

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
Hey now, I'm not heart attack kind of overweight. It's just that I'm heavier than I would like to be.

I need to slow down my weight loss though. I'm down 13 pounds in a week. Good results, but not healthy.
I was referring to running 15 miles on a stimulant. Probably not the best thing you could have done. Keep the pre-wo's for lifting days

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 03-28-2012, 04:05 PM #80
I need a name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner202 View Post
I was referring to running 15 miles on a stimulant. Probably not the best thing you could have done. Keep the pre-wo's for lifting days
Makes sense. I was just eager to give it a try. I do cardio and lifting in the same day. However, I'll alternate. Sometimes the majority of my workout will be cardio with light lifting, whereas others will be heavy lifting with light cardio.

Should I be taking any days off? I workout for about an hour and a half each day. Sometimes I'll even workout twice a day, but that second time is generally short with mild lifting and non "aggressive" cardio.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:28 PM #81
FHS JewFro
black AND white

yea you need to slow the **** down, you are going to reach your breaking point soon if you keep working out every day

you are over weight, why the **** did you run 15 miles?!?! i mean if you are seriously feeling that cheeky get the **** on the elliptical and do hiit cardio for 20 min

personally i am doing heavy lifting 3 times a week, ill do some some cardio after workouts and some light weight work on off days SOMETIMES as well, but recovering is very very very important

if you count my lifting and off day stuff i am STILL only in the gym 4-5 days a week
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:37 PM #82
I need a name

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
yea you need to slow the **** down, you are going to reach your breaking point soon if you keep working out every day

you are over weight, why the **** did you run 15 miles?!?! i mean if you are seriously feeling that cheeky get the **** on the elliptical and do hiit cardio for 20 min

personally i am doing heavy lifting 3 times a week, ill do some some cardio after workouts and some light weight work on off days SOMETIMES as well, but recovering is very very very important

if you count my lifting and off day stuff i am STILL only in the gym 4-5 days a week

I'm not too overweight for my height, but I still want to lose some and then gain muscle mass. I honestly kept going because it felt good. Normally I'm counting the minutes until I'm done with cardio, even back when I was fit. It was actually enjoyable today.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:45 PM #83
tanner202

I lift 5 days a week. Do light cardio 3 of those days and abs on the other two with 2 days of rest per week. Get your rest and dont go to the gym more than once a day for Petes sake