d(◕_◕)b

XxTexasfuryxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxTexasfuryxX supports Team VICIOUS
XxTexasfuryxX posts videos on PbNation
XxTexasfuryxX plays in the APPA D4 division
XxTexasfuryxX supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
After several injuries, I've really slacked off with exercise over the past 8-12 months. I'm looking to pick back up with it, lose some pounds, and regain muscle mass.

I'm looking for a protein shake that fits the following criteria:

-Low calorie
-Decent Taste
-Can be used as a filling meal replacement.
-Helps build muscle (Obviously...)

I picked up some GNC Lean meal replacement protein powder, but after reading some reviews of it I learned that it contains relatively low amounts of supposedly cheap protein.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
For what you are looking for, I'd try Syntha 6. It's used for lean muscle and I use it as a meal replacement all the time. Some of these guys have no idea what they are talking about so don't listen to their immature bull****. (Unless it's actually helpful)

And just a tip, try using a pre-workout formula such as Assault or N.O. Xplode to get really hyped, I prefer Assault. Yea I'm a huge fan of these products because I've tried many products on the market and not one has come close to these.

Edit: If you're really trying to lose weight then I'd recommend a protein shake with dry toast and oatmeal for breakfast. You can also drink another protein shake after you work out as well, just watch your calorie intake to calories burned ratio. Never drink a protein shake before bed either, turns to fat. PM if you want any advice.

Last edited by XxTexasfuryxX : 03-27-2012 at 07:54 AM.
XxTexasfuryxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 AM #24
spags3443
Thug

spags3443 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Everytime time you cook, cook enough for the next 3-5 meals instead of just one. Use a food scale to make sure you stay on track with protein intake, carbs, fats, cals, etc. i recommend buying a large insulated lunch bag, as well as 5 to sec Tupperware containers next time your at the store.

If for some reason you cant find the time to cook, canned tuna, canned chicken, steamfresh vegetables, rice, etc are other options but buying 1 meal at a time gets expensive fast.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM #25
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTexasfuryxX View Post
For what you are looking for, I'd try Syntha 6. It's used for lean muscle and I use it as a meal replacement all the time. Some of these guys have no idea what they are talking about so don't listen to their immature bull****. (Unless it's actually helpful)

And just a tip, try using a pre-workout formula such as Assault or N.O. Xplode to get really hyped, I prefer Assault. Yea I'm a huge fan of these products because I've tried many products on the market and not one has come close to these.

Edit: If you're really trying to lose weight then I'd recommend a protein shake with dry toast and oatmeal for breakfast. You can also drink another protein shake after you work out as well, just watch your calorie intake to calories burned ratio. Never drink a protein shake before bed either, turns to fat. PM if you want any advice.
First, syntha 6 is not specifically for anything. Can be used while bulking or cutting. Its a protein supplement. Second, pre-workouts arent needed.
Third, dont tell him what to eat. You dont know his macros, recommended caloric intake, etc. Fourth, enjoy your ****ty tasting protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spags3443 View Post
Everytime time you cook, cook enough for the next 3-5 meals instead of just one. Use a food scale to make sure you stay on track with protein intake, carbs, fats, cals, etc. i recommend buying a large insulated lunch bag, as well as 5 to sec Tupperware containers next time your at the store.

If for some reason you cant find the time to cook, canned tuna, canned chicken, steamfresh vegetables, rice, etc are other options but buying 1 meal at a time gets expensive fast.
Great recommendations.

I cook for multiple days twice a week. Makes life a lot easier.
Pirate Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:44 AM #26
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Quote:

1. This much emphasis on a specific type of protein powder is pointless
2. Pre workouts are nice, but normally expensive. Lots of us would rather make our own pre than buy from the overpriced market
3. If you are really trying to lose weight, lift 3 times a week with cardio after lifting, and count calories.

i'd bet my lifes earning if you did everything in number three you would see weight loss
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."

Last edited by FHS JewFro : 03-27-2012 at 11:04 AM.
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM #27
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Strawberries, blueberries, banana, whey, whole milk, egg whites. Otherwise I just mix whey with water

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:16 AM #28
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
1. This much emphasis on a specific type of protein powder is pointless
2. Pre workouts are nice, but normally expensive. Lots of us would rather make our own pre than buy from the overpriced market
3. If you are really trying to lose weight, lift 3 times a week with cardio after lifting, and count calories.

i'd bet my lifes earning if you did everything in number three you would see weight loss
$6.87 wont go that far. Not betting.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM #29
FHS JewFro
black AND white

icwutudidthar
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:37 AM #30
I need a name

Whey vs casein protein? Right now I'm between the syntha 6, Xtreme formulations ultra peptide, and cellucor. Meal replacement isn't as big of an issue as I shifted some things around so I should be able to have about 20 minutes of lunch instead of none. However, I'll still use them for replacements occasionally.

Also, began the heavy lifting today. I felt almost pathetic compared to how I use to be... It's gonna take some work though an in ready for that. I used to love heavily weighted dips as they really helped me to bulk up, but I can barely even do them unweighted now...
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM #31
XxTexasfuryxX
d(◕_◕)b

Fair enough guys... And yes, different protein powders are used for different things, such as lean muscle or bulking. But hey, listen the the guys above me, apparently they are all nutritionist.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:59 AM #32
spags3443
Thug

spags3443 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years

This
Old 03-27-2012, 12:23 PM #33
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Fair enough guys... And yes, different protein powders are used for different things, such as lean muscle or bulking. But hey, listen the the guys above me, apparently they are all nutritionist.
You have a negative. You cant be trusted.

Nutritionists are generally misinformed.

Quote:
[IMG]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa430/Rgiammar/9ca6ca75.jpg[IMG]

This
Send me some
Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM #34
I need a name

So back to the protein... I'm looking to order/purchase some today. I'm pretty much set on syntha 6, unless someone specifically says that I shouldn't for some reason. Would the dessert kind be a better choice for me? Try seem to have similar ingredients, but the dessert has lower calories. but should I bother with getting assault/jack3d? Are they worth it?
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 PM #35
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Good luck with your fitness goals of 2012

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:05 PM #36
XxTexasfuryxX
d(◕_◕)b

Quote:
So back to the protein... I'm looking to order/purchase some today. I'm pretty much set on syntha 6, unless someone specifically says that I shouldn't for some reason. Would the dessert kind be a better choice for me? Try seem to have similar ingredients, but the dessert has lower calories. but should I bother with getting assault/jack3d? Are they worth it?
Assault is so worth it
Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 PM #37
tanner202

Quote:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Here since you are so helpless, pick your favorite flavor

Quote:
[IMG]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa430/Rgiammar/9ca6ca75.jpg[IMG]

This
mirin

Quote:
Shut the **** up. Pics now ******

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
tanner202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 PM #38
Bunk3rKing
Shens!

Annual Supporting Member
Bunk3rKing plays in the PSP
Bunk3rKing owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bunk3rKing is a top reviewer
Bunk3rKing is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner202 View Post
cook up 5 pounds of chicken at the begining of the week along with 10 cups of rice and toss in some tupperware, problem solved
well said
Quote:
Assault is so worth it
don't waste your time go with C4 extreme

Glutamine Glutamine Glutamine Glutamine Glutamine Glutamine
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM #39
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
No. Only Pre's I would ever touch that are worth it is something I threw together, White Flood, Hemavol, or Fierce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk3rKing View Post
well said

don't waste your time go with C4 extreme

Glutamine Glutamine Glutamine Glutamine Glutamine Glutamine
Glutamine has been proven ineffective in regards to recovery, although it may give you a slight immune boost.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:18 PM #40
Bunk3rKing
Shens!

Annual Supporting Member
Bunk3rKing is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
No. Only Pre's I would ever touch that are worth it is something I threw together, White Flood, Hemavol, or Fierce.

Glutamine has been proven ineffective in regards to recovery, although it may give you a slight immune boost.
well if you've only touched those products what makes you think theres others out there better... try C4 Extreme!

and towards the glutamine topic everyone has there only opinions....
Old 03-27-2012, 02:21 PM #41
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk3rKing View Post
well if you've only touched those products what makes you think theres others out there better... try C4 Extreme!

and towards the glutamine topic everyone has there only opinions....
Ive tried C4 extreme and wasnt a fan. Same goes for C4. Focus XT was good too IMO, Craze gave me nausea. Launch wasnt too bad,

Its not opinion.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM #42
Bunk3rKing
Shens!

Annual Supporting Member
Bunk3rKing is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
Ive tried C4 extreme and wasnt a fan. Same goes for C4. Focus XT was good too IMO, Craze gave me nausea. Launch wasnt too bad,

Its not opinion.
Im sorry your opinion