Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 AM #1
Ozpaintballer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thumbs up Reasonable price stores

Hi there,

We are wondering i there are any reasonable priced stores in the US that will post to Australia. we are from Australia so we are wanting some reasonable priced packs (gun,tank, mask etc) plus shipping. We have got some answers from stores we have emailed, that have jacked up the price because we live in Oz or tell us that they will only accept payment in the form on wire transfer.... not going to send $20k as a wire transfer, this offers us no protection.

We will be buying 60 packs (at least)

Thanks in advance
Ozpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 AM #2
NeCanes
TBO
 
NeCanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MA
NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
why wouldnt factory direct if you plan on spending that much money.

Im sorry but something doesnt smell right with this
NeCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM #3
paintballer187
187PB.COM
 
paintballer187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: U.P. of MI
Annual Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a Moderator
paintballer187 is a Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer187 is BST Legit
paintballer187 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Why don't you contact Action Paintball in Australia? I'm sure if you want to drop 20 grand they can give you a discount.

Most US stores are probably looking at you like they do the prince of South Africa who wants to buy that much stuff. Usually a stolen credit card scam where they are getting a chargeback and losing all that gear.
paintballer187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:58 AM #4
TheHef
 
 
TheHef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Why would you want to purchase from the US?
__________________
Vanquish 1.5 and DM7

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:10 PM #5
NeCanes
TBO
 
NeCanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MA
NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
potential to be a scam and by the time the person figured it out it will be to late. product is on the other side of the world and your out money and product. these scams take place all the time.

Last edited by NeCanes : 03-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.
NeCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:24 PM #6
KEFarris
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lawrence, KS
 has been a member for 10 years
KEFarris has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpaintballer View Post
Hi there,

We are wondering i there are any reasonable priced stores in the US that will post to Australia. we are from Australia so we are wanting some reasonable priced packs (gun,tank, mask etc) plus shipping. We have got some answers from stores we have emailed, that have jacked up the price because we live in Oz or tell us that they will only accept payment in the form on wire transfer.... not going to send $20k as a wire transfer, this offers us no protection.

We will be buying 60 packs (at least)

Thanks in advance
If you don't trust them with 20k in a wire transfer, why do you expect them to trust you with 20k in product? At least you know that the company in the states is a real company. The company in the states knows nothing about you. Wire transfers are pretty common in international trade.
KEFarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 AM #7
Ozpaintballer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thanks for he replies

Okay maybe $20k was a bit of an over estimate But if you include 60 of everything we want.. markers, masks, remote line, tanks (C02 & Air) etc etc etc it comes up to more than $10k (not including shipping which is about $5K +++++)

we have found that importing from the US is much cheaper than buying from Oz. As sad as that is!

People seem to forget that if a chargeback is made, there is a certain amount of investigation made first. Visa wont just send your money back, just because you say so. If the markers are kept by customs, Visa will see this and wont refund your funds as you havenít done the right things.

We are happy to provide an ABN so show that we are a registered Australian company and any other documents to prove we have been accepted as PB operators.

Are you trying to say that we are trying to scam people??? (i am a little confused as to who some of you are speaking to/about) thatís a bit rude...
There are a lot of things eg remote lines and other things that we are unable to get in Oz. Why pay $500 for a marker in Oz when you can get it for $250 in the US?? seems silly to pay double in Oz. A lot of the packages in US are not offered in Oz

Ha-ha!! I work at a bank, wire transfer is very rarely used for international trade as there is very limited to tracking.

How do we know that there isnít some little boy working for this company who thinks "awesome!! these people are going to spend a lot of money, ill make them do a wire transfer and keep the money for myself". I understand the reluctance to do a credit card payment but Visa (etc) donít just give your money back they do a very through investigation.

We are not trying to scam people, we are a legitimate company, just trying to keep costs down as any other company would.

Not looking to be harassed or have nasty conversations. Was simply asking advice.
Ozpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:01 AM #8
Ozpaintballer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss27 View Post
Why would you want to purchase from the US?[IMG]http://www.***********/dell.gif[/IMG]
Surely i just covered that?

cheaper?
more to choose from??

must i go on?
Ozpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 AM #9
Ozpaintballer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Ok, so long story short.

We are a police and government approved paintball field in Australia.
We are looking to purchase our equipment overseas as the Australian prices are double or triple the prices in America. For example, a particular marker (and only the marker, not even a hopper) here costs $500, in America we can purchase the same marker, remote line, gun bag, stock, 4+1 harness, marker lube, gas bottle, hopper, goggles and 4 other accessories for under $450, honestly, if you were in Australia and you were working on a budget what would u do?????

We have contacted Tippmann about buying from them but they have ignored our emails.

We have all the relevant paperwork and permits, now we just need to find a supplier and we will do whatever we can do to prove that we arenít scamming anyone.

We arenít here to justify ourselves, we simply wanted to know if there were any good places to purchase bulk gear from, surely anyone that loves paintball can appreciate that we want GOOD gear but we are working on a budget. That is why we are asking this question.
P.S and from out financial plan and costing sheets we have worked out that we will be spending closer to $30k, not 20k. We are planning on setting up a GOOD field
Please if we can have some positive replies that would be appreciated
thank you and good night from Australia
Ozpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:55 AM #10
Ozpaintballer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer187 View Post
Why don't you contact Action Paintball in Australia? I'm sure if you want to drop 20 grand they can give you a discount.

Most US stores are probably looking at you like they do the prince of South Africa who wants to buy that much stuff. Usually a stolen credit card scam where they are getting a chargeback and losing all that gear.
and thank you for that paintballer187, we have contacted all the Australian stores, but the trouble is that even WITH the discounts that the are offering it is still no where near as cheap as the US gear, you guys over there have it good Might have to take a business trip over there to see how you guys do it.
Ozpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:14 AM #11
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
I also own http://www.scubatoys.com and we ship into Australia all the time for the same reasons you just stated. Things are cheaper here. But if you are looking at commercial use, then you are going to have to add in your vat and the shipping, and you may find the savings will not be as great as you thought.

As far as people not taking credit cards, yes, it's kind of a 2 way trust street there. I could sell your all your guns, but I would also want wire transfer of funds. It is much easier for you to research a shop here in the states, and see how long they have been in business, than it is for a shop to try to research an individual in Australia.

As someone already stated, if you are not willing to trust a shop that has been in business for 14 years, been written up in the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, etc, then why would that shop trust an individual across the world who is just starting up??

I've been to Australia every year for the last 4 years, and love it there. And paintball is very expensive (at least where we were) so it seems like if run properly, you could have a good business, but I also know with the Australian Gun Laws, it makes everything more difficult.

Best of luck with your venture!
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 PM #12
Ozpaintballer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat View Post
I also own http://www.scubatoys.com and we ship into Australia all the time for the same reasons you just stated. Things are cheaper here. But if you are looking at commercial use, then you are going to have to add in your vat and the shipping, and you may find the savings will not be as great as you thought.

As far as people not taking credit cards, yes, it's kind of a 2 way trust street there. I could sell your all your guns, but I would also want wire transfer of funds. It is much easier for you to research a shop here in the states, and see how long they have been in business, than it is for a shop to try to research an individual in Australia.

As someone already stated, if you are not willing to trust a shop that has been in business for 14 years, been written up in the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, etc, then why would that shop trust an individual across the world who is just starting up??

I've been to Australia every year for the last 4 years, and love it there. And paintball is very expensive (at least where we were) so it seems like if run properly, you could have a good business, but I also know with the Australian Gun Laws, it makes everything more difficult.

Best of luck with your venture!
Thanks for your reply. You seem to be very knowledgeable in this forum.

I understand its all about trust etc but the same store can google ABN (Australian Business Number) and see that we are a registered business or ask for us to provide the documents. We are a company, it would be easy to find information needed, we are not just one person trying to buy some gear.

not sure where the "not trusting a shopping being open for 14 years" has come from?? We are simplying saying by doing a wire transfer there is no security for us? How do we know that the person replying is someone who works for the company and thinks that they might be able to get the money and we will be none the wiser. We donít get any product and we lose a lot of money?

the gun laws are very very strict in Australia, which is why we have been in constant contact with customs and the attorney generals office to find out what we can and cant import. before we buy anything we will have in writing from them, that we are able to import that particular marker etc So that customs have no reason to hold the gear. We will also be more than happy to provide this document to any sellers
Ozpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:43 PM #13
7paintball
Service at its best.
 
7paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lockport, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer187 View Post
Why don't you contact Action Paintball in Australia? I'm sure if you want to drop 20 grand they can give you a discount.

Most US stores are probably looking at you like they do the prince of South Africa who wants to buy that much stuff. Usually a stolen credit card scam where they are getting a chargeback and losing all that gear.
that's just what I was thinking...
__________________
7pbA.com
ALL THINGS PAINTBALL & AIRSOFT
1143 E 9th St.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777


We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 AM #14
Ozpaintballer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
that's just what I was thinking...
Really?

which is funny you say that because i was actually born in South Africa (although i am actually a girl so i guess a prince doesnt fit me..) and migrated to Australia. which must mean that im out to scam everyone seeing that i work in a bank and have heard just about every scam that is out there.My heart bleeds for the poor sucks that get sucks into some scams, it is really awful and something i wouldn't wish on anyone.

Clearly (most) people on here are not interest in being slightly helpful, you just want to ridicule and be rude.
We are NOT trying to scam people. Surely in this day and age its not so unbelievable that we would prefer to save a few bucks importing from the US (or any other country) than pay double from within Australia?? (to a smart business person it makes sense)

I found this site to be so helpful when talking about what gun is best, but this is ridiculous! if you are a store interesting in making money (by us buying your product) or if you have something helpful to say then please do because im getting a little tired of hear that because we are from Australia (which by the way is not a 3rd world country - that sends out random emails saying we need to put millions of $$ into your account, just send your bank details! LOL!) that we are trying to scam people.

Finally as said many times, we are happy to provide documentation to ANY store we purchase from that we are an Australian government approved paintball park.

We LOVE paintball and we just want to be able to provide something a little different to players in Australia than the normal old Tippmann 98 and no upgrades or different packages. A lot of paintball parks where we are, are boring and very expensive! Im sure for some of you (like Gatsplat) who have been to Australia and seen what there is to offer can understand and even appreciate that we are wanting to offer more than the general Tippmann 98. We would love to open a park in the US, you guys have it so easy! the laws are very relaxed compared to here, it makes it very hard to be competitive.

Give us a break and help a fellow paintballer out. Quit with the negative comments please

End rant
Ozpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 AM #15
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpaintballer View Post
Thanks for your reply.

not sure where the "not trusting a shopping being open for 14 years" has come from?? We are simplying saying by doing a wire transfer there is no security for us? How do we know that the person replying is someone who works for the company and thinks that they might be able to get the money and we will be none the wiser. We don’t get any product and we lose a lot of money?
I understand that you have a business number, but that does not mean you will pay your bills. Now I'm not saying anything personal here, but why aren't you satisfied with a shop in the US just providing their business number as proof they will ship?

A friend off mine in coffs harbor had to spend years of court battles to get some money from a boat maker in Brisbane that had a business number... Didn't get him his boat or cash any faster.

The 14 years is how long my http://www.scubatoys.com company has been shipping around the world. I can even give lots of references of folk in Australia who have purchased from us for years.

I think you will find that no reputable business will ship tens of thousands of gear half way across the world without irrevocable pre-payment so if you want to buy from the US you will just have to find a company you trust. You could also try smaller shipments and break up your order to make yourself feel better, but that would probably raise your shipping costs.

Feel free to contact me at info@gatsplat.com if I can help.
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.

Last edited by GatSplat : 03-28-2012 at 06:45 AM.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 PM #16
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad
 
ophooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Moore, OK
 has been a member for 10 years
ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat View Post
I understand that you have a business number, but that does not mean you will pay your bills. Now I'm not saying anything personal here, but why aren't you satisfied with a shop in the US just providing their business number as proof they will ship?

A friend off mine in coffs harbor had to spend years of court battles to get some money from a boat maker in Brisbane that had a business number... Didn't get him his boat or cash any faster.

The 14 years is how long my http:/www.scubatoys.com company has been shipping around the world. I can even give lots of references of folk in Australia who have purchased from us for years.

I think you will find that no reputable business will ship tens of thousands of gear half way across the world without irrevocable pre-payment so if you want to buy from the US you will just have to find a company you trust. You could also try smaller shipments and break up your order to make yourself feel better, but that would probably raise your shipping costs.

Feel free to contact me at info@gatsplat.com if I can help.
This is the man you need to deal with to get gear on your side of the planet. Call him.
__________________
Jeremy Martin
ophooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:51 AM #17
Ozpaintballer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat View Post
I understand that you have a business number, but that does not mean you will pay your bills. Now I'm not saying anything personal here, but why aren't you satisfied with a shop in the US just providing their business number as proof they will ship?

A friend off mine in coffs harbor had to spend years of court battles to get some money from a boat maker in Brisbane that had a business number... Didn't get him his boat or cash any faster.

The 14 years is how long my http:/www.scubatoys.com company has been shipping around the world. I can even give lots of references of folk in Australia who have purchased from us for years.

I think you will find that no reputable business will ship tens of thousands of gear half way across the world without irrevocable pre-payment so if you want to buy from the US you will just have to find a company you trust. You could also try smaller shipments and break up your order to make yourself feel better, but that would probably raise your shipping costs.

Feel free to contact me at info@gatsplat.com if I can help.

Thanks for your advise.

We say we have an ABN as many peolpe on here seem to think we are trying to scam them? we pay our bills etc. We are just trying to set up a nice field with nice gear. We have done our research and honestly including Taxes and shipping it is still cheaper to buy from the US.

I understand that the company would want thei r money and that we cant take it back but i work in a bank and i deal with scams and HUGE issues with wire transfers - if someone calls and says the words "wire transfer" 99.9999% of the time it is a scam - i am just being cautious.
In the end its not a big deal, we were just asking for some advise.

thanks for the advise of breaking up the pack - we didnt think of that
Ozpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:30 PM #18
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpaintballer View Post
if someone calls and says the words "wire transfer" 99.9999% of the time it is a scam - i am just being cautious.
Keep in mind... no one called you saying wire transfer. You are calling vendors. Vendors you can verify by reputation, time in business, reviews, referrals, etc.

Through our scuba shop, we do about 10 wire transfers a week for orders. Some for individuals, some for companies, some for governmental agencies. I'm sure your bank does hundreds of wire transfers that are not scams. Many of our customers started with wire transfers, and after working with them for a period of time, we switched their accounts to credit card.
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump