OKC - Espire
Fixer of Broken Stuff

OKC - Espire donated to help Peyton Trent
OKC - Espire has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OKC - Espire has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
OKC - Espire has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Out of towners looking to throw some paint in June

Hey folks.

Originally from Ohio, and now residing on the west coast. Am due back to visit some family, and wanted to see if their was any fields people can suggest. I'm more of a woodsballer then speedballer though, so was hoping someone might be able to give me some feedback.

Not sure how it's been for you folks, but out here paintball has been up and down with fields closing and opening. Hence, instead of going through all these threads about the fields was hoping I could get some feedback on what to hit up.

Prefer something different then an air ball field, but if it's really nice air ball field, I wouldn't mind checking out. Ultimately, just looking for a solid group of people to throw some paint with.

So all that stated, What should I be checking out? Anywhere in Ohio works, as I travel up to 3 hours out this way to get my game on at some really fun fields out here in Oregon.

Thanks for your time
Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM #2
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Warzone - Nice, turfed indoor and outdoor Xball fields. Sweet old-town themed rec field and an indoor rec field with some sweet barriers. Most expensive of the 3 that I know.

TPA - Best speedball field in NEO, in terms of competition and price.

Drop Zone - Never been there but they have multiple fields, speedball and rec. I hear it's nice. Modest pricing from what I've heard.

That's about all I know of. I know there are nice fields down south but I honestly don't know anything about them.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:12 AM #3
spaz22colon
thats ery day

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
Warzone - Nice, turfed indoor and outdoor Xball fields. Sweet old-town themed rec field and an indoor rec field with some sweet barriers. Most expensive of the 3 that I know.

TPA - Best speedball field in NEO, in terms of competition and price.

Drop Zone - Never been there but they have multiple fields, speedball and rec. I hear it's nice. Modest pricing from what I've heard.

That's about all I know of. I know there are nice fields down south but I honestly don't know anything about them.
this

and also

Battle zone: great woodsball fields but cost an arm and a leg to go last time i was there

Splatter Park: Great woodsball fields also but i do believe they are a little pricey also but i dont think as bad as Battle Zone

Those are the only good woodsball places I have been to other then the other ones listed. I would def say hit TPA up. Best bang for your buck, great owner, and great field.
spaz22colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:35 PM #4
OKC - Espire
Fixer of Broken Stuff

thanks for the info guys.

Also plan to spend a weekend in/around the columbus area. Anyone else from that part of town that can suggest something?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 PM #5
Crosshairs
+you are in my sights+

Crosshairs is playing at Living Legends VII
Red Dragon Paintball....40 miles NE of Cincinnati

Blastzone Paintball......35 miles N of Cincinnati

TeamSVU site

Sponsored By;

Red Dragon Paintball Park - Wired Ants Paintball Store - Bawls Energy Drinks
Crosshairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:35 PM #6
HUNK

Best woodsball field in my opinion is Battlefront Paintball in Hubbard. That's about 3 hours from Columbus. Its up near Youngstown. They do mostly scenarios and in June they do a 2 day normandy invasion game called Day of Days.
HUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:12 PM #7
a Lane Shift

I've been to Splatter Park (just outside columbus), but not for a few years, their fields were decent, fair variety. But the reason i will never go back, their paint SUCKED, it was largely oblong, everyone that day was complaining about it that day (had to run largest bore barrels). That and the pricing, its somehow cheaper to rent equipment. It seems they don't like ppl to bring their own gear. But they have a decent deal if you know for a fact you will be shooting a full case, but i can't seem to find their a-la-carte paint prices.

Blast Zone (between Dayton/Cincy) has some decent fields, i just hope this winter/spring they didn't cut out too many more of the 'wrong' bushes, or it will just be a bunch of smaller speed-woods fields. Pricing there is a bit steep, i've only gone a few times when i've had 'free passes' that gave me free field and air, paint was something like $32-36 for 1k rnds (apparently now is $40), and they upcharge ALOT for smaller amounts. (FPO) (last year their paint was also crap, always lots of dimples)

Outback (outside of Xenia, 1h SW of columbus) i've been to lots, and even help ref/field revamp work. Owner is great, its BYOP even, paint is about $60 per case, usually decent quality (they shop around and test different types every so often). Their Achilles heal right now is they don't have much walk-on traffic, so general you have to call ahead to see if they will be open that day. And they don't take credit cards (no electric or services) and they badly need to update their website/pics/vid...if only i had a helmet cam i'd help them out with game vid.
a Lane Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:17 PM #8
OKC - Espire
Fixer of Broken Stuff

That is a question I forgot to ask. The Majority of the places in Ohio field paint only?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 PM #9
bignasty sns
Addison Winstead

bignasty sns plays in the PSP
bignasty sns owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bignasty sns supports Team VICIOUS
bignasty sns is an NCPA player
most fields are
bignasty sns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:54 AM #10
Rampage-TGPT

blastzone paintball in middletown is a good place to play there fields are great and if you do come to play ask to talk to rampage of the Ghosts to get a blastpass and that will get you everything but paint. its www.blastzonepaintball.com
Rampage-TGPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 AM #11
dARKfRiDAY
Tippman Procarbine

dARKfRiDAY plays in the PSP
dARKfRiDAY plays in the APPA D3 division
Xscape is going to be your best bet near the Columbus area. Great field and management, awesome group of players down there, and affordable pricing. Check out the Xscape thread. However, If you are looking for scenario play/woodsball this may not be the field for ya.