Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 AM #1
Simen

Simen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Simen has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Question Shoes: Exalt Cleats or HK Army shredder

Hi guys!

So I'm buying a pair of shoes cause mine is way to slippy when playing inside and reball. We use artificial turf, soo some good shoes is must.

I'm not sure what to go for. Exalt og HK army. My store pricesit so the different between Exaltand HK army shoes are just $9 (Hk army most expensive.)

With HK shoes u cant take out the spikes, can you? I'm leaning against Exalt cause I can take out the spikes and use them normally on practice in gym or something.

So what so u guys think? Exalt or HK?

Thanks!
Simen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 AM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Haven't tried the HK Shredders, but I really like my Exalt TRX's.

They're pretty comfortable and are a decent weight.

The spikes wear down at a decent rate as well.

Only downside I've noticed? The shoelaces are a bit too long, but that can easily be fixed with a new pair of laces.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM #3
vincib
Pandamonium

vincib is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
vincib owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
vincib supports Pev's Paintball
Garage sale cleats work just as good if not better . considering you'll have 60 bucks left to buy paint
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM #4
BreakShot

exalt paintball cleats

You can not replace the spikes on the HK cleats.
I just got my Exalt TRX cleats and they work very well. I played a 7 hour game and my feet were pretty sore toward the end, but the traction was great. I would recommend the less agressive spikes (they come with 2 types of spikes) for longer games, but if you are paying for less than 5 hours, I think the normal set-up would be the best (agressive spikes in the front and tame ones on the heal section). They are supposed to be good for turf, but I have not used them like that yet.
You would not want to wear them without the spikes though, as you would get junk in the holes (where you screw in the spikes) and the rubber on the bottom of the shoe feels soft, so you might wear the small rubber spikes down (they are molden into the sole). If you were going to wear them without the spikes, you would be better off with regular shoes.
The HK cleats would be more comfortable for long matches, but since you can replace the spikes on the TRX, I bet they would be more effective long term (when the HK's wear down you would have to buy a new pair, when the TRX spikes wear down you would buy more spikes).
I hear that you lose spikes with the TRX, but I put a small dot of blue locktite on the spike threads and I didn't lose any during that 7 hour event.
BreakShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 PM #5
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakShot View Post
You can not replace the spikes on the HK cleats.
I just got my Exalt TRX cleats and they work very well. I played a 7 hour game and my feet were pretty sore toward the end, but the traction was great. I would recommend the less agressive spikes (they come with 2 types of spikes) for longer games, but if you are paying for less than 5 hours, I think the normal set-up would be the best (agressive spikes in the front and tame ones on the heal section). They are supposed to be good for turf, but I have not used them like that yet.
You would not want to wear them without the spikes though, as you would get junk in the holes (where you screw in the spikes) and the rubber on the bottom of the shoe feels soft, so you might wear the small rubber spikes down (they are molden into the sole). If you were going to wear them without the spikes, you would be better off with regular shoes.
The HK cleats would be more comfortable for long matches, but since you can replace the spikes on the TRX, I bet they would be more effective long term (when the HK's wear down you would have to buy a new pair, when the TRX spikes wear down you would buy more spikes).
I hear that you lose spikes with the TRX, but I put a small dot of blue locktite on the spike threads and I didn't lose any during that 7 hour event.

The spikes come with some teflon tape on them.. The Golf style cleats have an easier time of falling out, but mine have only come loose when I didn't tighten them enough.

I prefer to run the mud/turf/golf spikes on the toe and the outside of my foot. Everywhere else are the plastic spikes.

Initially they will cause soreness from the pressure of the cleats, but they were fine after a couple days in them.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 PM #6
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
Exalt cleats are fantastic but mine were extremely uncomfortable on anything other than soft dirt. They cause a lot of pressure points on the bottoms of your feet. The other issue I had was loss of cleats. No matter what I tried to keep the cleats in, they would rip out when I'd play. I figure the cleats aren't made up to my weight class (240 but fast with lots of cutting quickly) so I gave them to a teammate who has had no issue with them at all.

To replace them, I bought the HK shredder. Now, I've never been much for HK or their products, but I will say that these are very, very nice. Excellent grip, excellent comfort. Durability has been a non-issue and the built in cleat portions are great. Only warning here is that they run about a half size too small. I've played on turf, mud, grass and everything in between with no issues whatsoever.

Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote