Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 AM #22
Chuck66

Chuck66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Chuck66 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Chuck66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Chuck66 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoZoo View Post
But like 70% of pro teams back then were rocking different variations of Shockers, that should've kept them in business alone.

And Angels are some of the best guns out there :T
back than they were now most teams have egos geos or nts when i started playing and watching paintball angel and smart parts were huge but as the years went by they started producing less new markers and marketing a lot less I feel like
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM #23
Viper|RSX
Gunna need a Bigger Boat

has been a member for 10 years
Viper|RSX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Viper|RSX supports Team VICIOUS
Viper|RSX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Viper|RSX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Not to long ago I found my Paintball movies, so I sat there and watched like 6 of them. its makes you think damn I used to have that gun and loader, and it's heart breaking to see the stuff that I grew up playing with gone. im glad i got my shocker new lol, I don't think ii could ever get rid of it...

Feedback
Viper|RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 AM #24
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
If all the best loaders today cost what the best loaders of 5 years ago did, I bet you the halo and reloader would be dead as well; it's surviving on the fact that the top hoppers of today are $150 or higher
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 AM #25
1badWS6
TATT!!

1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends V
1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends VI
1badWS6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
1badWS6 supports DLX Technology
I'm right there with ya, OP. Although, I still rock my old school smart parts target jersey!!
1badWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 AM #26
OoZoo
Work hard.

OoZoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OoZoo is for the Gunfight
OoZoo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
The Shocker was my first high end gun. Been toting the same one around faithfully since 2006. I'll never get rid of it
Haha, you're a winner in my book. I finally picked up an NXT again a few days ago, been wanting one since I was a kid. Shoots like an absolute dream.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 AM #27
OoZoo
Work hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0mp View Post
Gog has the extcy which is nearly identical to the smart parts ion. I have a buddy who bought one and i thought it was an ion at first.
Yeah, I noticed that the eXTCy looks and sounds almost exactly like the ion lol
Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM #28
Thenerveman

Thenerveman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thenerveman is an NCPA player
Thenerveman plays in the APPA D4 division
I still break out Ye Old Nerve once a month, shoots great, but ill admit my Geo is way smoother, and lighter and more dependable (IMO) then anything older then 09. I mean i didnt need any upgrades or anything, just simple. However i do somewhat miss the upgrades that used to be available. I assume on a couple of years pb will pick back up and there will be more of a market. I mean ive seen paintball increase a bit in the last year.
Thenerveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:11 PM #29
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
A1's and SB's are Awesome, but u can pick up a NXT for $150-300 and drop a virtue board in it, and it will shoot very similarly.

I own both
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:38 PM #30
OoZoo
Work hard.

Just picked up a madly up'd 09 NXT for 350, ****ing love it.

Could never afford one as a kid so I had to get my first now, but who cares
Old 03-23-2012, 02:47 PM #31
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
lol....I started playing panintball in 1992...i think my first dream gun was a KP-2 rifle...
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Old 03-23-2012, 03:42 PM #32
OoZoo
Work hard.

My first dream gun was anything better than my Autococker Trilogy lol, I was pretty enamored with the Spyder Electras with the rocking trigger. But then I discovered shockers in like 2001 or 02 and fell in love.

I'd also like a Shocker Sport or Turbo just to have one lol
Old 03-23-2012, 06:41 PM #33
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLeadersAccount View Post
Smart parts and angle both went out of business.

DLX LUXE = new smart parts
DLX is not the new SP... i think what happened is SP got some major fine or something along those lines and it was more convenient for them to declare bankruptcy; they did, however, still had enough money to "sell" their blueprints and parts to GoG. GoG is technically not affiliated with SP, but the fact that they bought up everything from them started the whole debate about if they are SP or not...

as far as angels go, they never could keep up. Although i was a fan and i liked that they came out with a ton of ideas for speedball, they never perfected them where it was hands down the best choice. After a while they slowly died out when the other major companies fixed their designs. the best example is with using LP/LPR
Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 PM #34
Endo Dizzy
Semper Fidelis

Endo Dizzy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Not to mention about angel is that they have basically beem sellig the same gun for the past 8 years, reminds me of ego's.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:35 PM #35
HaWtDog123
Sundays

HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm in the same boat as you OP. 6ish year gap and everything is different. Still picked an SFT like my old one . Also I cannot stand the looks of the new hoppers out today. Picked up me ole trusty Halo again.

On a side note what in the hell is the Angel ark? It's like a Tippmann and an Angel got together and had a kid..
HaWtDog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:41 PM #36
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaWtDog123 View Post
What in the hell is the Angel ark? It's like a Tippmann and an Angel got together and had a kid..
It's a A1 Angel, that's geared towards scenario game players.
Hence, the rails, stock, etc.
TyeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 PM #37
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
DLX is not the new SP... i think what happened is SP got some major fine or something along those lines and it was more convenient for them to declare bankruptcy; they did, however, still had enough money to "sell" their blueprints and parts to GoG. GoG is technically not affiliated with SP, but the fact that they bought up everything from them started the whole debate about if they are SP or not...

as far as angels go, they never could keep up. Although i was a fan and i liked that they came out with a ton of ideas for speedball, they never perfected them where it was hands down the best choice. After a while they slowly died out when the other major companies fixed their designs. the best example is with using LP/LPR
1) SP and GoG are the same company, just with headquarters in a different country. SP's investors got nervous when the economy crashed, and demanded their money returned early, forcing SP into bankruptcy. Adam Gardner(Former Owner of SP, and all of it's IP's) then Opened up business, based in a different country, but could not use the SP name.

2)You obviously have not used an A1/Fly or SB. Angel Design, Perfected. Problem was all the crap they had produced in the past...abortions like the Dye Angel, Dark Angel, Angel Speed, A4. and good theorized parts, that work in theory, but not reality like Sensi and the space frames, and Angel Air
My ShEGO project!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:48 AM #38
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
a little more back story for smart parts.

smart parts ran up a lot of leagle fees when it sued icd and other paintball vendors over a few us pat. smart parts lost that case becuase it failed to pay for the pat that the eng made the marker for or the bank that held the pat. the eng sold his ownership to another paintball vendor but not before a lot of good paintball comp were forced out of biz. smart parts did start making money on the ion as it was built over seas and shipped here. smart parts then wanted to get bigger but instead of selling itself to kee or another large sports firm. it sold most of it ip info to an investment bank. now smarts parts would still be here even when the note was called in. what killed smart parts off was they spent to much money in the new 50 cal paintball that did not take off. they spent a boat load on new cnc and buildings over seas and preaty much lost a whole lot of money. read there us filling of who they owed money too. a chunk of it was to league format that smart parts was keeping it alive with there own money.
the issue now with gog is how long there be in biz now that the bank has sold or is selling off the ip info of smasrt parts to other vendors.
empire(kee) is now making or remade the sp barrel kits. if the bank holds the ip info for the ion and kee or another vendor picks it up then gog will have to stop making them or pay kee a boat load of cash to keep making them.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:34 AM #39
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_ILLNatured View Post
1) SP and GoG are the same company, just with headquarters in a different country. SP's investors got nervous when the economy crashed, and demanded their money returned early, forcing SP into bankruptcy. Adam Gardner(Former Owner of SP, and all of it's IP's) then Opened up business, based in a different country, but could not use the SP name.

2)You obviously have not used an A1/Fly or SB. Angel Design, Perfected. Problem was all the crap they had produced in the past...abortions like the Dye Angel, Dark Angel, Angel Speed, A4. and good theorized parts, that work in theory, but not reality like Sensi and the space frames, and Angel Air
oh ok, thanks for clarifying that for me
Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 AM #40
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Let's reminisce for a moment on some of the Oldschool awesomeness, free flow autocockers, race frames, the pgi firestorm and who can forget the osiris and the unstoppable levelx xmag, the tons of pl impulses, the original matrix, the toxic trix, im sure someone here has a freaking bbt tribal, which has to be one of.my favorite small company guns ever. Then you had the days of Pl guns, the strange shocker, the naughty dawgs freestyle, all the Pl timmys, all the pl cockers, ANYTHING made by shocktech, and then, who can forget the pmi now empire traccer, and tbo, every weekend or two I break out.my auto triggered pgp, and I think I may have parts of a pump black dragon somewhere. I really want an Oldschool bushmaster or an desert fox.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:46 AM #41
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshotted View Post
Let's reminisce for a moment on some of the Oldschool awesomeness, free flow autocockers, race frames, the pgi firestorm and who can forget the osiris and the unstoppable levelx xmag, the tons of pl impulses, the original matrix, the toxic trix, im sure someone here has a freaking bbt tribal, which has to be one of.my favorite small company guns ever. Then you had the days of Pl guns, the strange shocker, the naughty dawgs freestyle, all the Pl timmys, all the pl cockers, ANYTHING made by shocktech, and then, who can forget the pmi now empire traccer, and tbo, every weekend or two I break out.my auto triggered pgp, and I think I may have parts of a pump black dragon somewhere. I really want an Oldschool bushmaster or an desert fox.
I still Have my Dark Freeflow Racegun...Pure OG sexyness.
My ShEGO project!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:52 AM #42
1badWS6
TATT!!

1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends V
1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends VI
1badWS6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
1badWS6 supports DLX Technology
Xmag, I remember getting lit up way back in the day by a few of those haha ....
1badWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote