Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 03:42 PM #1
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Well, I recieved my used FX in the mail today

There went 2-3 hours of my life. I traded my custom made shocktech NXT for a fusion X because I wanted something that could take a beating and wasn't so finicky.
When I pulled it out of the box, the first thing I noticed:

After getting the eye covers off and just swiping my finger inside the chamber. If you look close, you will see the paint entirely blocking the eye(which was why it was cycling the noid without paint in it).
It was like that with both sides

Then the feedneck

Then inside the frame

and the worst bit, the ram

After I wiped it off just to show how thick the crud was, look at the paper behind it, all that came off the ram

After taking the thing entirely apart, cleaning it, having to run the body and the frame under hot water, I finally put it back together and it shoots tits.
If you're wondering what type of reg that is, it is a dye hyper 3 with the black rubber thing taken off. I also switched the side of the macro fitting to the left side so it isn't getting in the way when shooting.

There isn't a spec of dirt on this gun anymore, it is cleaned and lubed to perfection.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-24-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2012, 04:43 PM #2

Glad to see it in working order. It's people like who you traded this from who **** on their markers and give DP a bad reputation.

Did it really take you 2-3hrs? I've purchased markers before that needed deep cleaning (not quite as much as yours), and that took 20-30min tops.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:01 PM #3
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
I took the entire thing apart down to the last screw then ran it under warm water and waited for it to dry. The longest part was cleaning it, it was in every nook and cranny and being a bit on the OCD side when it comes to cleaning guns I had to get every bit of grease, paint, and dirt out. There wasn't any 2 parts stuck together when I was finished.

It wasn't just take it apart then put it back together, all the little things including drying it, wiping everything down with Q-tips and such. I took the reg entirely apart and individually cleaned each washer, setting up the board to my specifications, waiting for the water to heat up, etc, plus the occasional smoke break, it all added up.

So, there was a bit more to it than just the standard cleaning that could have prevented all this.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:10 PM #4
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Wow, I've received a few of those problem children in the mail. Not fun
Old 03-24-2012, 05:13 PM #5
Nevuary
DotCom

Ummm congrats?
Old 03-24-2012, 05:16 PM #6
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
People do that to their markers, then complain when they go down. I can't stand when a marker is treated like that, but to each their own.

I've received a few like that too. No fun

Get to shoot it yet?

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
Old 03-24-2012, 05:40 PM #7
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
People do that to their markers, then complain when they go down. I can't stand when a marker is treated like that, but to each their own.

I've received a few like that too. No fun

Get to shoot it yet?
Yeah, I put a hopper through it. It doesn't shoot like a shocker(obviously) but I don't think that is a particularly bad thing. I think once I get over being surprised every time it shoots because it feels so different it will gel nicely with what I am looking for.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:00 PM #8
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
some jackass sent me a raven FX all loose in the box with everything... the bolt broke... it's ok, i had a hush bolt for it.
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
Old 03-24-2012, 06:38 PM #9
Shru

throw a techt law ram and hush bolt in it, than i guarntee it that you will like your marker 10X more....
also if you get the chance, call DP and get some of the new offset detents, no trimming required and work perfectly....
grats on the fx, and people that treat their markers that bad, just need a good *** beating hehehe
Old 03-24-2012, 07:17 PM #10
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by basementN3k0 View Post
some jackass sent me a raven FX all loose in the box with everything... the bolt broke... it's ok, i had a hush bolt for it.
How does a bolt break? Like snapped in half? Was it already broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Pride View Post
Welll thank the lord above that this drama is over! So what dwell did you finally end up with? And on the bright side we can look forward to you NOT hitting the "New Thread" button for a while, right?
Says the guy with 8.6 posts per day. You've been here just over a week, now shut up, big kids are talking. If you hate my posts so much why don't you log off and do something productive, like have sex with women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shru View Post
throw a techt law ram and hush bolt in it, than i guarntee it that you will like your marker 10X more....
also if you get the chance, call DP and get some of the new offset detents, no trimming required and work perfectly....
grats on the fx, and people that treat their markers that bad, just need a good *** beating hehehe
I have a hush bolt, every time I put the back two Orings on, they slide off to pinch on something and stick the bolt forward.

However, I don't see how a new ram and bolt are going to change much. Unless you just tell yourself that to justify $100 worth of gear that didn't go towards actually playing paintball. My philosophy is: if it works, spend the money on paint.

Also, what is this about needing to trim my detents?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:45 PM #11
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Says the guy with 8.6 posts per day. You've been here just over a week, now shut up, big kids are talking. If you hate my posts so much why don't you log off and do something productive, like have sex with women.
Oh you have much to learn. LOL.

Quote:

I have a hush bolt, every time I put the back two Orings on, they slide off to pinch on something and stick the bolt forward.

However, I don't see how a new ram and bolt are going to change much. Unless you just tell yourself that to justify $100 worth of gear that didn't go towards actually playing paintball. My philosophy is: if it works, spend the money on paint.

The stock bolt is garbage. Poorly made and prone to failure.

Use a tighter fitting oring.

You would be surprised what those upgrades can do. The FX stock, I feel, is an unrefined product.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
Old 03-24-2012, 07:57 PM #12
Shru

Quote:

it is a dramatic difference in sound difference and smoothness
it is a HUGE change with just them 2 parts, anyone here in this forum that has owned the fx with the 2 upgrades will agree, it really changes the marker ALOT.

alot of people have had to trim or even only use 1 detent, using the old detents from techt or dp or anything else...
DP finally came out with some offset detents and you do not have to trim or do anything with them at all....

Read some of the older threads here in the forum, you will see what i am talking about than.....
Old 03-24-2012, 08:10 PM #13
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
Oh you have much to learn. LOL.

The stock bolt is garbage. Poorly made and prone to failure.

Use a tighter fitting oring.

You would be surprised what those upgrades can do. The FX stock, I feel, is an unrefined product.
I just find it to be a bad idea to spend my money so I can't play paintball to make my marker, that works fine now, better for the activity I'm then not able to engage in. Do you see the singularity forming?

I don't really care about American Pride, as far as I can tell he is some pathetic loser with more sand in his vagina than the entire cast of baywatch who takes the internet far too seriously or has to get his jollies insulting people who have no possible way of giving him the *** kicking he so cravenly demands.

But seriously though, is there anyone who actually knows anything about dangerous power guns? Not a fanboy, but someone who honest to god knows how a dangerous power gun works, because as it stands with the exception of this ****ING piss *** board I seem to know more about the marker than everyone in this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shru View Post
it is a dramatic difference in sound difference and smoothness
it is a HUGE change with just them 2 parts, anyone here in this forum that has owned the fx with the 2 upgrades will agree, it really changes the marker ALOT.

alot of people have had to trim or even only use 1 detent, using the old detents from techt or dp or anything else...
DP finally came out with some offset detents and you do not have to trim or do anything with them at all....

Read some of the older threads here in the forum, you will see what i am talking about than.....
Once you get used to a gun and learn to compensate for it then all that about kick goes out the window. Also, it will never be as smooth as a shocker, so what is the point of spending money to try. A shocker makes a marq victory seem to kick like a mule, so nothing short of it not moving is going to make it any better. So, I'll just suck it up for a dozen cases, get used to it and I won't even notice it after awhile.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-24-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:21 PM #14
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
And you decided AP has a sandy vagina after that post? These guys have been nothing but helpful to me. Go troll another board. If you know so much you evidentally don't need the help of anyone here, right?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:27 PM #15
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...

basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
It broke where the pin goes. The FX wasn't packed correctly, it was all lose in the shipping box.
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
Old 03-24-2012, 08:28 PM #16
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
And you decided AP has a sandy vagina after that post? These guys have been nothing but helpful to me. Go troll another board. If you know so much you evidentally don't need the help of anyone here, right?
No, AP has made several off color posts and I have yet to see him post anything remotely helpful without some snide comment to go along with it.

I have questions, it just seems that I know a lot more than you guys. If you look at my previous posts you will find that I speak the truth, I haven't been posting here for 8 years without the knowledge that goes with it. I just figured being the dangerous power forum there would be a bunch of hardcore techy guys who know everything there is to know about DP guns. Instead I find a bunch of kids whose only advise is to encourage me to buy upgrades I neither need nor want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basementN3k0 View Post
It broke where the pin goes. The FX wasn't packed correctly, it was all lose in the shipping box.
Damn, good thing you had a backup ready.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-24-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:35 PM #17
GraniteGargoyle

We all know AP here. We all also know that he knows stuff too. This isn't a place where DP techs hang out. These guys help each other out, out of the kindness of theirs hearts, or whatever in AP's case . Some is just things that people pick up as they deal with their own problems and learn from it. Unfortunately, from what I have already seen in my short time here, some problems are a symptom of a bigger problem or could be cause by different things. Share you problem and everyone will brainstorm to find the issue. I have only been playing paintball for about 6-8 months and these guys helped me immensely. I ask that you not insult them, even AP. He can be helpful...at times and when he does, it is super helpful
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 PM #18
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
We all know AP here. We all also know that he knows stuff too. This isn't a place where DP techs hang out. These guys help each other out, out of the kindness of theirs hearts, or whatever in AP's case . Some is just things that people pick up as they deal with their own problems and learn from it. Unfortunately, from what I have already seen in my short time here, some problems are a symptom of a bigger problem or could be cause by different things. Share you problem and everyone will brainstorm to find the issue. I have only been playing paintball for about 6-8 months and these guys helped me immensely. I ask that you not insult them, even AP. He can be helpful...at times and when he does, it is super helpful
That is what I was hoping for(team collaboration), however, whenever he tells me I shouldn't make threads anymore I lose confidence in his desire to be a team player.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM #19
GraniteGargoyle

I can understand that. No need to insult the rest of the team though. Once you get in here, this will prolly be one of the more helpful groups on these forums. I'm biased though, it's the only one I have been in other than the Tippman one. They were good guys too
Old 03-24-2012, 08:50 PM #20
haniousman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Pride View Post
Trust me douchebag.....you ain't on my roster....try dat bro!
Whats with all the hate brotha?!

I hope you got a deal on that FX, and left some negative feedback for the seller. Thats just bad business to sell a poorly maintained and dirty gat like that!

I guess thats what happens when you have mommy and daddy pay for all your paintball gear.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:52 PM #21
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by haniousman12 View Post
Whats with all the hate brotha?!

I hope you got a deal on that FX, and left some negative feedback for the seller. Thats just bad business to sell a poorly maintained and dirty gat like that!

I guess thats what happens when you have mommy and daddy pay for all your paintball gear.
I don't want to be a douche, he is 14, I spoke with his mother. Bad feedback will haunt you for the rest of your time on pbn and most people won't even speak with you if you have just one negative, even with dozens of positive.
If he does it again, he will receive negative from that person, however, I'm going to talk with his mother and see if we can sort it out without ruining his future pbn experience.
Closed Thread