Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 AM #1
frankie says chillax
...bro

frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
deja vu

what do you guys think about it? i know it happens often where people realize the moment they're in happened before and usually get a feeling something (usually bad) is about to happen.

what's your take on it?

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2012, 12:40 AM #2
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

It's generally regarded as a kind of short circuit in the memory - basically what happens is that some wires get crossed and the experiences that are being fed into your memory moment by moment are accidentally sent straight back out again as though you're recalling them. It makes it seem as though you've "been here before" even though you're actually remembering the last few seconds in a kind of feedback loop. Nothing spooky or psychic about it though it is pretty weird at the time.

Occasionally I've had what I thought was deja vu only to find that I had in fact been in an almost identical situation before. Most of the time though it's just because I'm tired or stressed and the old brain is having a senior moment.

Now if you're talking about the movie Deja Vu then I fully recommend it.

Last edited by vijil : 03-30-2012 at 12:46 AM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 AM #3
frankie says chillax
...bro

frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
but i'd have soemthing happening and thinking about it after. mostly a dream way prior to the deja vu event. usually marks something right before something bad would happen. idk man, i think it's something more than a feedback loop.

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 AM #4
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
deja vu kinda creeps me out, on several occasions I've had it happen and been able to remember what is going to happen. I assume it's just deja vu paired with my sub concious generating a "prediction" that gets worked into the false memory, but it still freaks me out when it happens considering how specific a few have been.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 03-30-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:40 AM #5
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

has been a member for 10 years

Deja Vu
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:24 PM #6
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
there have been plenty of times where I have had a dream, and then the next day I thought some scenario that I run into that day was already played out in my dreams. it was nothing ever bad, just little things