Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-26-2012, 12:06 AM #64
ngroat7007 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Let me break this down for you guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushdragon View Post
start by first getting photo shop and illustrator and taking a few collage courses or how to use them. and one or two biz courses.
First start off by taking an English class and learn how to avoid huge runon sentences. Also learn to spell COLLEGE.

Quote:
I would start out with pb and or t-shirts.
Start off with paintball? Why?

Quote:
find one or two good local screen printers as see what they can and cant do. and there cost per run. ie set up fee and cost per shirt.
Their not there.

Quote:
a lot of t-shirts printed and non printed are made in china and shipped here. there a few web sites like http://www.alibaba.com/ that puts comp in contact with other comp.
Comp? Is that company?

I hate alibaba. Google is better. ****ing alibaba is annoying as ****. Just call printers directly. There are places in china that will do it for you but why bother with that. You are not a huge business. Hell you cant even use "yolo" without a lawsuit.

Quote:
you also want to talk to a cpa as there things you can write off for biz start up and also talk to local small biz rep they can show you if there are grant money or loans for start up. the small biz rep will also tell you if you need to go to town hall or with the state and reg your company.inc or dba.
Let me fix this so people can understand...

You may want to hire a certified public accountant. They will know what you can write off on your taxes. You may also want to speak to a small business representative. They will know if there are any grants that will provide startup funding. They will also be able to help you legally start your business.

As far as these suggestions I would do none of them. Honestly I dont see it going anywhere so I would do everything under the table. You wont be depositing a million dollars into your bank account. Do you really think the IRS will give you ****? If you decide to go the legal business route and actually try and do soemthing big I would not hire a CPA. They are extremely expensive and for something so simple it is not needed. Just save receipts for whatever you spend on the business.

Small business rep? Thats a joke. If you actually start a website and do business just go to the town hall and pay $15 do get a DBA "Doing business as" aka fictitious firm name. It is a piece of paper that says you are doing business as a name other than your legal name.

You dont need an LLC or Corporation. Just keep it simple as a Sole Proprietor and save the paperwork, money and headaches.

However if your stupid *** decides to use the Yolo name you better reate an entity because you will be sued to hell and if you dont they will come after your personal possessions (which I am guessing are non existant) and can then garnish your wages for life.

Quote:
you also need software like peachtree accounting for the books. also a biz checking for the company.
You dont need that ****. Your accounting will be extremely simple. Just save receipts. A big accounting program will be a huge waste and you wont use any of the features.
ngroat7007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2012, 02:13 AM #65
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
dude, he took a business class freshman year. i think he knows what he is talking about ngroat.
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:15 AM #66
ngroat7007 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by contract*killa View Post
dude, he took a business class freshman year. i think he knows what he is talking about ngroat.
He probably does. I'm sorry I never went to collage.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:35 PM #67
rgvpaintballa
Edinburg paintball

make a couple shirts and see how it works out.

youll never know unless you try

YOLO...
rgvpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM #68
tractor_trash06
Farmin since 87.

tractor_trash06 helped look for balloons
tractor_trash06 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I think I'm gonna be an astronaut.

Thoughts?
My Epic Thread

November 20th 2007 at 2:00 P.M. I was Al Capowned
tractor_trash06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:50 PM #69
ngroat7007 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvpaintballa View Post
make a couple shirts and see how it works out.

youll never know unless you try

YOLO...
Yeah and just ignore the registered trademark right?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:22 PM #70
pokenose
I pooped in a urinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroat7007 View Post
Yeah and just ignore the registered trademark right?
It's worth the risk. You only live once.
Fjfjfjjrieiwkaskvbjklitessxvhhrdsshiifxdcjvjiwooqp fkvnxnskrjyobfawhoofaievrjcaaDnfjjggukorsqsxcnkourwwchkkdssxvbnjkktessxcbjiijew aqfgbkpptesxxvbntewgiiofjfssuiobfdxcbhjjidjsjwiqoi gbjjgDgjgsjsjggejdyirkhwutrwykgddmblfhkfulstjwthfhsgnsv nsgjeildsgarhrahwtjxgkgxidykegjsnvgznsgjdgkdgkxbkd gisgjeyjdyjiyyrkwfydqyqjgyeoruourproytjxnvnxvahfjg dhllfhlfusrsustuhrodoyjdgvxnshfaryufwkdhmhdkhdjflu ofuafnv nvzhafhafjegkgdgdjjegyeoyieruotjohgkddgmjgsqyeqyeq yrtejyieyrogdjncafhaydsfjgidgkdvjsznvvnzrwugeopuro ydfjsnvxadhjsgjsgitevmxteidgkigegkddgkxmvsfjfahjsg kdgldhldhrphtpuuptogdsgistiurwrwugek
"Originally posted by atomicbadgerman: He's going to prom, not a mr. peanut convention."
Nvxdgkykruottuewrysbfgndjgdrkyltuutputewrygjdxnvyd jiyrfkhgkdetuyeiyiruoyorurowtiqeqeyjfstisryoyorvxk zfjeqysjfufsgjsistgkdurorupyrojgxsgnjfshafharwfjdk gruloyrtsjfuazngkdgketieryaryaeyourouroufwjfsnvssj fqeytwigkdlhrrphgdksjffha
pokenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 PM #71
pbbliss
Philippians 4:13

Annual Supporting Member
pbbliss plays in the PSP
pbbliss supports Team VICIOUS
pbbliss plays in the APPA D2 division
pbbliss supports Empire
pbbliss is All In
pbbliss is All In
ok, why not, i'll wade into it.

I own a large screenprinting company - we do over 500,000 pieces a year.

I have soooo many requests from people who want to start their own clothing line. My advice - don't. The percentage of yours being the next big hit is honestly (and i'm not making this up - i've been in the industry for 25+ years) is actually less than 1%. Not very good odds.

And if it's not going to be big, then why go through the expense. I know there has to be better ventures where you have a starting chance of greater than 1%.

I appreciate the OP wanting to do SOMETHING, but i hope now that you have some real statistical information it sways your opinion.
Strange Fan #196
Tampa Bay Damage #63
pbbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 AM #72
Campbell10

YOLO is a terrible name, come up with your own brand name not jack something off drake for god sake..
Old 03-30-2012, 11:11 AM #73
i EaT yEaRbOoKs....
O city

i EaT yEaRbOoKs.... plays in the PSP
i EaT yEaRbOoKs.... owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i EaT yEaRbOoKs.... plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks Guys for the help I aprecaite it, this was just an idea nothing that I was actually going to comit to. And drake said it In one song I herd that saying before the song

I'm free
Pick me up
Ill be in frisco,TX
i EaT yEaRbOoKs.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM #74
SynergyAMB1125
chuckin up the shakas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plate View Post
thats what i saw too lol

but seriously, that is a terrible name for a company. you'll make a little money off 13 year old white kids, then be in the hole forever
Originally Posted by OA_paintball: im just worried if i donate plasma and some cancer patient gets it, his dicks gonna grow and hes gonna have mad game with the nurses.. probably not good for the hospital.

Dennis Woolford 9/26/08

TROLLPOCALYPSERed-Shirted Super Smashed Bros '11
SynergyAMB1125 is offline   Reply With Quote