PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-16-2012, 03:04 AM #1
TMH

Read this if you need money to ball!!!

BALLERS UNITE

Hello paintball nation!!!
Now I know you all are into the sport of paintball if you are in this forum. I mean what better sport is there!! I am making this thread to help out fellow ballers make a few extra dollars on the side if you need help to finance playing paintball or if you one of those kids that take mommy and daddy's money.

First off, let me talk about budget ballers and people who need some extra cash to play. I would like to start of by saying this is how I am. Paintball isn't a cheap sport and we all could use the extra cash. Don't stop balling because money is tight if it is your passion. We do have our priorities we need to consider, but what are some other things we can cut out ,besides paintball, that might save us some extra cash?

Now onto the people that take mommy and daddies money. Cootoes to you thats great you never have to worry about a money issue. What you don't realize is your really hurting yourself. You will never EVER learn how to manage your money properly when your finally grow up. If you think mommy and daddy are going to be around forever your wrong. And your probably thinking you will inherent that money. Well think again. If you can't manage your money now I can probably guarantee you will go bankrupt and I can say is I told you so. Your hurting yourself.

Here are a few things that a have come up with, being an entrepreneur, that give me that extra cash I need to be able to ball. Some of these you might think "well that's stupid" Then stop reading because this is for your own good. Please consider that this is a list for a ll ages. Let's get started.

As of 9-16-2012
1. Sell older paintball equipment.
When people sell there stuff it seems like they tend not to clean it half the time. When you want to sell things clean them up!! You will be more likely to sell it!!

2. Find a job
Obviously this should be #1 but I put it as 2 because jobs are hard to find and a lot of people have equipment laying around. A job will give you a steady income if you can keep it.

3 . MY ALL TIME FAVORITE. Go to a Costco or somewhere you can by candy bars or something in a bulk pack. It's usually around $15 for $30 bars or less. Sell them for a $1 or $1.50 at school or at work in your office or to family members. Look at that profit you made with little work. Yea it's not much, but it adds up. FACT: no matter the economy chocolate and candy sales will always be on top. Why? Because it is a comfort food and people will always want it.

ADDED 9-16-2012
4. Play the stock market.
Some if you might think what the heck!! but if your smart enough to know what the stock make good investments, you can make a really pretty penny.
Follow @stockstobuy on twitter and they will give you a heads up on what ti buy. Some good sights are sharebuilder, Etrade, and scottrade.

Those are somrways I have for you right now. When more ideas come my way I will keep posting them. If you have other ways please comment and I will post them up with your user name for a source and because it's your idea, and please include a brief description. I want to help people play paintball and help the sport grow. So this thread is here for the people. Please share with everybody and get this lost known!!
Thank you very much for reading and commenting if you did.
- Tyler H. Paintball player in California

Last edited by TMH : 09-17-2012 at 12:51 AM.
TMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 AM #2
justintriprh

justintriprh has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
justintriprh has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There kids at my school who do the chocolate thing...but it's illegal lol it's like drug dealing but with chocolate
justintriprh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 AM #3
TMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintriprh
There kids at my school who do the chocolate thing...but it's illegal lol it's like drug dealing but with chocolate
Do you live in California? Even if he sells it outside of school or just after to friends and family
Old 09-16-2012, 02:53 PM #4
justintriprh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMH

Do you live in California? Even if he sells it outside of school or just after to friends and family
Pennsylvania. It's a popular fundraiser at our school but it isn't legal inside of school. You can sell it outside but it's surprising how much kids enjoy candy and will spend money on it everyday.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:14 PM #5
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
More than likely no one is going to prosecute a kid for selling candy at school.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:16 PM #6
TMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker_35
More than likely no one is going to prosecute a kid for selling candy at school.
You have a point good sir, but I have heard of kids getting suspended and it's pretty sad
Old 09-17-2012, 12:52 AM #7
TMH

Please Keep This Post Up Top Buy Commenting And Sharing With Friends!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:27 PM #8
justintriprh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMH

You have a point good sir, but I have heard of kids getting suspended and it's pretty sad
We have an "outdoor activity club" at my school and when we fundraise we say for that because if you tell it's for paintball they'll think you're promoting violence
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM #9
TMH

Quote:

We have an "outdoor activity club" at my school and when we fundraise we say for that because if you tell it's for paintball they'll think you're promoting violence
That is a very smart and good idea!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 PM #10
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tyler:

Please remove the part about the stock market. NASDAQ isn't for kids and there's alot more too it than 99% of paintballers are capable of. Following one dude on twitter doesn't count as investing. Really just remove it.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:43 PM #11
TMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar
Tyler:

Please remove the part about the stock market. NASDAQ isn't for kids and there's alot more too it than 99% of paintballers are capable of. Following one dude on twitter doesn't count as investing. Really just remove it.
If you read it all it says this is for all ages. Following the person on twitter is just reference for good stocks to buy Trying to help EVERYBODY out not get bad comments. But thanks for your input
Old 09-18-2012, 04:32 AM #12
justintriprh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMH

If you read it all it says this is for all ages. Following the person on twitter is just reference for good stocks to buy Trying to help EVERYBODY out not get bad comments. But thanks for your input
Investing is a good idea...if I chose to I'd be rich lol. I played a game, and only a game, invested 100,000 and came out with 600,000. Also the candy bar thing is one of the best ideas. Along with that, the outdoor activity club makes hamburgers and Philly cheese steaks and home games and we made $600 in 4 games. Also reffing at a local field has benefits. They sometimes pay in paint and being as it is a local field they may want to hire you, just bring tons of friends whenever you go.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 AM #13
TMH

Quote:

Investing is a good idea...if I chose to I'd be rich lol. I played a game, and only a game, invested 100,000 and came out with 600,000. Also the candy bar thing is one of the best ideas. Along with that, the outdoor activity club makes hamburgers and Philly cheese steaks and home games and we made $600 in 4 games. Also reffing at a local field has benefits. They sometimes pay in paint and being as it is a local field they may want to hire you, just bring tons of friends whenever you go.
I've played the same game as you I believe. It teaches you how to invest correctly. Thank you go your input!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM #14
PistolPaul2
Be Nice, Have fun

PistolPaul2 is playing at Living Legends VI
5. If all else fails eat ramen noodles,ask for money, and ball hard
PistolPaul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM #15
TMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPaul2
5. If all else fails eat ramen noodles,ask for money, and ball hard
Hahaha. If that works for you then go for it!!! As long as we keep the sport alive and enjoy the grind.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:41 PM #16
OpsCaptain

OpsCaptain plays in the PSP
OpsCaptain is an NCPA player
OpsCaptain plays in the APPA D5 division
OpsCaptain supports DLX Technology
Help the industry grow by supporting your local shops/fields and they will most likely support you back or you can get a job as a ref and watch and learn all day long
OpsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 AM #17
TMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpsCaptain
Help the industry grow by supporting your local shops/fields and they will most likely support you back or you can get a job as a ref and watch and learn all day long
Yes indeed. If you can get a job at your field being a ref that is perfect. Even if you get paid in paint. That money you don't have to spend on paint!!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:51 PM #18
Michael_3388
Redneck Paintball

wow i was one of them kids that bought candy and gum and later sold it at school i thought i was rich by the end of each week
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM #19
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Confused as to why this in the tournament talk forum. Good advice anyway. Im 17 and I've been trying to find a job recently. Maybe after I get one I can try out the stocks
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM #20
TMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILKx
Confused as to why this in the tournament talk forum. Good advice anyway. Im 17 and I've been trying to find a job recently. Maybe after I get one I can try out the stocks
It's in tournament talk because tournament paintball is not cheap at all!!! As we all should know. And the more serious ballers that might be interested and smart enough in making some extra cash would probably be in here.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:26 PM #21
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
Also B/S/T on here.

Buy low, sell high!
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote