When's the next one?
Late April/early May. "Go Big Red" featuring Vicious
ETV Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:54 PM #45
paintspray69

paintspray69 plays in the PSP
paintspray69 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintspray69 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I bought this video and It stops working at a minute or two into the video. Who should I contact?
paintspray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM #46
n3s7
Gotta get that money!

n3s7 plays in the PSP
n3s7 is an NCPA player
n3s7 plays in the APPA D4 division
n3s7 supports DLX Technology
great video
Justin Prather #17
project-K
MACDEVMILTIA
n3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 PM #47
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETV Dan View Post
Late April/early May. "Go Big Red" featuring Vicious
What about X-factor?
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:02 AM #48
ETV Dan

ETV Dan works for a Paintball manufacturer
ETV Dan donated to help Peyton Trent
ETV Dan posts videos on PbNation
ETV Dan is a videographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintspray69
I bought this video and It stops working at a minute or two into the video. Who should I contact?
Go back to the ETV store, log into your account, and open a support ticket via MobileRider.

Please then PM me your support ticket #, & message me every to keep me updated on the progress.

Sorry for the inconvenience

ETV Dan
Old 03-24-2012, 12:04 AM #49
ETV Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg

What about X-factor?
The tryout we filmed will be featured as a new web series called "The Roster."

The first episode will probably be out a month or so after the Vicious film
Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 AM #50
emayer
WHAM!

emayer helped look for balloons
emayer is playing at Living Legends III
emayer supports Team VICIOUS
emayer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ok if this is a dumb question i am sorry but i dowloaded the desktop and the iphone version last night but where do I find the files after they have finished downloading?
SEMPER FIDELIS
emayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:28 AM #51
ETV Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emayer
ok if this is a dumb question i am sorry but i dowloaded the desktop and the iphone version last night but where do I find the files after they have finished downloading?
Not dumb at all. The MobileRider system is a little awkward. Go to your podcast section of your iTunes. They should be there with a grey out button that says "get" click that.

Hope that helps!

ETV Dan
Old 03-24-2012, 11:43 AM #52
emayer
WHAM!

I did that once already for the versions i wanted and they both downloaded completely but then they just disappeared and they have the "get" button next to them again in podcasts...?
SEMPER FIDELIS
Old 03-24-2012, 11:43 AM #53
emayer
WHAM!

do I need to re download them both?
SEMPER FIDELIS
Old 03-24-2012, 12:19 PM #54
paintball741O
Blind Fire

Annual Supporting Member
paintball741O is BST Legit
paintball741O is Legendary
Great video as usual
paintball741O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:37 PM #55
ETV Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emayer
do I need to re download them both?
Yeah, it's kinda of weird 2-step process
Old 03-24-2012, 06:21 PM #56
Splatkid10

What's with the constant roster changes in professional paintball? The lack of contracts (in the sense of NFL, MLB, etc.) I feel allows this to happen. That said, of you want professional paintball to grow in terms of popularity I don't think you can have these roster changes and new teams popping up as often as it happens.

Does anyone know what drives all these changes? Because as an outside perspective it looks like teams have internal fights all the time and decide to switch teams.

Oh but a nice vid!
Splatkid10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:32 PM #57
NC.Rahbek

Another good film from PE
NC.Rahbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:33 PM #58
Sinnbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatkid10 View Post
What's with the constant roster changes in professional paintball? The lack of contracts (in the sense of NFL, MLB, etc.) I feel allows this to happen. That said, of you want professional paintball to grow in terms of popularity I don't think you can have these roster changes and new teams popping up as often as it happens.

Does anyone know what drives all these changes? Because as an outside perspective it looks like teams have internal fights all the time and decide to switch teams.

Oh but a nice vid!
It all happened in the off season, just like in all professional sports, team change with free agents and such in the off season.
Sinnbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:36 PM #59
ETV Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnbeck

It all happened in the off season, just like in all professional sports, team change with free agents and such in the off season.
No bro, I think you're just thinking about the moves at the end. There were several additions & moves through out the course of the film, which occured during the season.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:57 PM #60
ETV Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatkid10

Oh but a nice vid!
Thanks for the compliment. The cause of this is just the economic operation model of the sport. Many Players are not paid salaries for being on a roster, and the rosters arent regulated and administered by the leagues.

Pro paintball behaves more similarly to other action sports. The teams operate, in essence, as independent small businesses. They generate revenue from sponsorship deals with product brands, event winnings and personal appearances.

Some teams are basically or outright owned by a manufacturer (the Ironmen, Infamous) other teams like Aftershock or Vicious are owned by an individual who own a retail outlet or field. A handful are owned by an individual with no paintball business ties (Russians, Arsenal, Damage I believe)

Owners may or may not workout compensation for their players, but what that is and how its done is completely different all over the board. There's no league minimums, so the Russians do what works for their model, Aftershock does what works for them.

The leagues and pro teams are not directly affiliated with each other like in trad pro sports. Though people refer to the NPPL as "team owned," it too is complex and more of a "league owned by the teams" then having "teams owned by the league"

It's important to understand the difference there, it's not a top-down structure managing its teams.

Technically, the pros pay the leagues, in the forms of entry fees.

Pro Teams elect to play in as many or as few leagues as suites their budgets and sponosrship/exposure needs.

The leagues have no direct influence over the operations of the pro teams, though I did hear a rumor that for 2012 pro teams & players all agreed that a player would have to be "released" by his current team before he moves to a new one mid season. I personally can't confirm this though.

Hope that helps!!! It's all pretty complicated! ;-)

Thanks so much for watching the film & being interested enough to ask questions!

ETV Dan
Old 03-25-2012, 08:49 PM #61
Splatkid10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETV Dan View Post
Thanks for the compliment. The cause of this is just the economic operation model of the sport. Many Players are not paid salaries for being on a roster, and the rosters arent regulated and administered by the leagues.

Pro paintball behaves more similarly to other action sports. The teams operate, in essence, as independent small businesses. They generate revenue from sponsorship deals with product brands, event winnings and personal appearances.

Some teams are basically or outright owned by a manufacturer (the Ironmen, Infamous) other teams like Aftershock or Vicious are owned by an individual who own a retail outlet or field. A handful are owned by an individual with no paintball business ties (Russians, Arsenal, Damage I believe)

Owners may or may not workout compensation for their players, but what that is and how its done is completely different all over the board. There's no league minimums, so the Russians do what works for their model, Aftershock does what works for them.

The leagues and pro teams are not directly affiliated with each other like in trad pro sports. Though people refer to the NPPL as "team owned," it too is complex and more of a "league owned by the teams" then having "teams owned by the league"

It's important to understand the difference there, it's not a top-down structure managing its teams.

Technically, the pros pay the leagues, in the forms of entry fees.

Pro Teams elect to play in as many or as few leagues as suites their budgets and sponosrship/exposure needs.

The leagues have no direct influence over the operations of the pro teams, though I did hear a rumor that for 2012 pro teams & players all agreed that a player would have to be "released" by his current team before he moves to a new one mid season. I personally can't confirm this though.

Hope that helps!!! It's all pretty complicated! ;-)

Thanks so much for watching the film & being interested enough to ask questions!

ETV Dan

Thanks for the explanation, and yes it sounds quite complicated. The fact that there are two leagues is probably where this problem really originates from. If you had one league you may be able to follow the model of other professional sports. Although even if you did, it probably wouldn't be totally possible.

It makes it difficult for fans (especially new fans) to track all these changes and updates to rosters when they seem to happen at any point in the year. Also, what's with the city associations? It stems from the old NXL leagues correct? I guess it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me most of the time because the players are from all over.

At the end of the day it is definitely a very complicated and somewhat odd way of doing business. But I'm sure that those in charge have thought about it quite a bit.
Splatkid10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:55 PM #62
Huskere

Great video! I always look forward to ETV releasing new material; always very well put together. Keep up the awesome work guys!
Huskere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:29 PM #63
ETV Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskere
Great video! I always look forward to ETV releasing new material; always very well put together. Keep up the awesome work guys!
Thanks! We will keep making them, if you keep watching them! ;-)
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.