Old 04-12-2012, 04:37 PM #22
cstylz31
HYFR

cstylz31 is playing at Living Legends V
cstylz31 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cstylz31 supports Sherwood Forest
cstylz31 posts videos on PbNation
cstylz31 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
good luck. Its always tough starting a new field.
University of Nevada Paintball #09
cstylz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:29 PM #23
b2bobrow
SC REF

b2bobrow is playing at Living Legends V
b2bobrow supports Team VICIOUS
b2bobrow has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
b2bobrow is attending Decay of Nations VII
hey look at the paintball plex in fort wayne IN he just recently set up a indoor field and has a great set up there and if you do open this i am looking into moving into vegas and i have reffing experience and i dont know the vegas seen tho

btw i am in socal
SC Village REF
"Originally posted by herk8240: one thing nice bout living in cali, great taqueria's. screw taco bell. we have the roach coaches around here that I have to have a translator to order food. Great food."
b2bobrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 AM #24
Nemesis7o2

dont do it! as is there r 2 many paintball fields allready in vegas!
Nemesis7o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM #25
Tracker
Demigod

Tracker is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Tracker helped look for balloons
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfz350guy View Post
if anyone remembers a place in Henderson called Tektonix, they would be a good model to follow, maybe a better layout, but back in the day (2000-2002) they were deffinately happening... but it was a different sport then, more of a open minded crowd versus the closed minded elitest groups that seem to run the place now.

if you do open up somthing, make sure to put padding under the carpet/turf. I remember a few broken knees/ elbows from the concrete.
no they wouldnt

their air system never got purged, it was so contaminated that it got certain stores to ban filling scuba tanks for paintball use

they NEVER cleaned their field, i remember sliding into a bunker one time only to hit it so hard that i spun out into the lane next to it

their paint was awful. seriously.. that crap didnt break on anything.. and it smelled like housepaint. and they charged like $50 or $60 a case for it

their reffing sucked.. i once sprayed a guy through the cracks in the hyperball field so bad that he looked like he had taken a shower in paint. and then i finally ran around the bunker and shot him (if it was within the 10 foot rule, it was between 8 and 9 feet) he turns on me, shoots me out. and says bunkering isnt allowed.. and then i see him bunker someone (like a legitimate bunker) the very next game. their refs/management also allowed their "home" team to play the most stacked games in the world.. oh you 10 newbies go play our 7 man XPSL team.. and they would do that crap constantly.. they would wipe hits off their buddies.. the whole thing was just wrong

their lighting sucked. i remember that field being so dim insde you didnt even realize how nasty the place was

if you wanted to know what, in my opinion would make you stand a snowballs chance in hell of making enough to keep an indoor field going?

lighting, lighting, lighting
good quality bunkers.. they dont have to be airball, but it would be better
keep it clean.. meaning youll need a building with exceptional indoor plumbing
charge decent prices for paint.. i get that FPO is the best way to make anything. and most people dont mind playing FPO, if teh paint is good, and the prices are reasonable
air conditioning, i dont care if its swamp coolers, or actual commercial AC units, but you HAVE to get the inside of the building into the 70's

those are just a few things that come to mind

Tracker

BoneBreak Excal, Grey Resurrection, 04 APL viking
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 AM #26
splatter96

splatter96 plays in the PSP
splatter96 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
splatter96 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
splatter96 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I haven't looked into it with today's economy, but about 3 years ago rent in Vegas for commercial property (which is what you would need for an indoor field) was insane! If you luck into a location that you can afford, take Tracker's advice to heart. Also remember that customer service is what will keep players coming back. You will probably get more reasonable rent if you go a little further off the Strip, but still on a main freeway. The old Bison Lumber building on Craig and 95 is big enough to have both indoor and outdoor fields, it's easy to get to, and it's close to other amenities like food. Plus, it's been vacant for years, so the owner may be willing to deal.

I don't know if Vegas can support another outdoor field, but if you can make a good indoor location, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Even if players have to drive a little way.
splatter96 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups