PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM #1
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Low Pressure PMI Piranha

Looking into a low pressure kit for a Piranha Gti, mainly because I have one, and I think it would be fun to build, but I don't know all of the parts I would need. I saw something about changing out the valve, and obviously putting a LPR on it.
Buwaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2013, 03:44 PM #2
HollowLefty
Falls down a lot

you'll need to replace the foregrip with a regulator to bring down the air pressure. From there you will need softer springs for both the valve and the main spring IIRC. beyond that because you will be running a lower pressure you will want to open up the air passages out of the valve since you'll have to compensate for the drop in pressure with an increase in volume. I would also fit the biggest volumizer I could find on the front.

This is all me running on the assumption that this is a stacked tube blowback gun (a la spyder). If it uses a different method of operation then the above modifications would be pretty useless. Additionally a low pressure reg would do you no good because LPR's are used to run pneumatic rams, which your gun probably doesn't have. In your case running at low pressure would mean the high pressure (while still being called high pressure in this case) is significantly lower than it would have been in stock form.

"Is it an o ring?"

"No, It's ALL the o rings!"
HollowLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 AM #3
Kennard_Mafia
Ubi fumus, ibi ignis

Annual Supporting Member
Kennard_Mafia is BST Legit
Kennard_Mafia helped look for balloons
Kennard_Mafia plays in the APPA beginner division
Kennard_Mafia has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
go through the kingman/spyder forums on here. most if not all the mods will work on your piranha. i think there is still a stickied low pressure thread on there.

edit: just go here everything you ever wanted to know about LP spyders/clones http://www.otterpaintball.com/spyder...ressure-f-a-q/

Last edited by Kennard_Mafia : 08-29-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Kennard_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote