kool_aid22
#1 Hater

Annual Supporting Member
kool_aid22 is BST Legit
kool_aid22 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 supports Empire
couple tourney q's

do most of u regular tourney players already know the field or do u guys walk it before u play every time?

how much time in between points do u have to refill air and all that etc or do u guys have pod *****es fillin up caddy's and tanks?? lol thats what im tryin to do

post up ur recent experiences and lmk how it went!
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM #2
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
If they release the layout prior to the even then people will know it but anyone who doesn't walk it the day of is a fool. Time between point is dependent on the tourney as well as the format.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM #3
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
It depends on the format and what level (local, regional, national). Either way, you always walk to field the day before games start and usually spend at least an hour doing it.

For xball, you get 2 minutes in between each point to refill pods and air. Within that 2 minutes, you can do a quick walk of the field as long as you are at the start gate when the buzzer goes.

For 7 man, once the games started, they were going continuously. In between games, we had anywhere from 15 mintues to 3 minutes for prelims. Teams were able to walk to fields in the morning before the games started and were able to do it again when there was a lunch break.

I would suggest that you refill pods as soon as you get back to your pit so that you are ready to go no matter what. Air stations are usually in the staginf area before you go on the field. That way, you are ready to go and don't have to rush and miss something. A situation this past weekend happened where our team podded up as soon as we got back and were ready to go for our next game and the other team was still sitting in their pit when we were called to play. They recieved a forfeit on the point and that ended up being the difference in the match.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:25 PM #4
kool_aid22
#1 Hater

Annual Supporting Member
kool_aid22 is BST Legit
kool_aid22 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 supports Empire
yeah i walk every new field i play so definitely that. and yeah it makes sense it would be different for each level of tourney. great info thanks

im just gonna have someone i know watch our stuff and have pods on pods on pods and tanks already filled.

that sux tho about that forfeit for that team i feel like thats whats gonna happen to us lol
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote