PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2012, 05:20 PM #64
zoink
cats cats cats

zoink is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
So I'm pretty sure that a bike being lowered means there's a significant chance of its rider being a douchewad.
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM #65
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

a 125 huh? get ready to take that SOB to some sand pits and hold it WOT and have a blast! 125s are the most fun MX bikes of all time.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM #66
codypaul
cinnabun deal

codypaul helped look for balloons
got the 250 out this weekend. put about 50 miles on. I missed it so much, roads were still pretty sandy though.

Might pick up a kx65 this weekend.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM #67
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoink View Post
So I'm pretty sure that a bike being lowered means there's a significant chance of its rider being a douchewad.
Or they are short... There are a lot of bikes I can't look at getting, unless I had it lowered.... being short sucks.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:46 PM #68
zoink
cats cats cats

zoink is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
That's why I didn't say 100%.

Most of the ones I see aren't short. Also I know a chick who's 5'2 that rides a standard sportbike >.>
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM #69
greaseball
CZ master race

squids are out in force had 3 guys drive by trying wheelies in my neighborhood good thing this only last like a month.
greaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:53 PM #70
greaseball
CZ master race

i can find ninja250's all day for 2-2500 but i really want a drz400 they are alittle more expensive to buy and probably alittle more expensive to maintain. what do you guys think?
im probably going to just get a the ninja for the first bike anyways idk, i guess im just rambling.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:11 PM #71
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoink View Post
That's why I didn't say 100%.

Most of the ones I see aren't short. Also I know a chick who's 5'2 that rides a standard sportbike >.>
at 5'2" her feet can't even touch the ground on a gsxr600...
Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM #72
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
Or they are short... There are a lot of bikes I can't look at getting, unless I had it lowered.... being short sucks.
Most professional racers are short guys. What's your excuse? Unless you're like 4 feet tall you dont have one
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:14 PM #73
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
Most professional racers are short guys. What's your excuse? Unless you're like 4 feet tall you dont have one
do they ride those bikes on the street?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 PM #74
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

does it matter? As long as you can get a foot down, you're good. Scoot over on the seat a bit to get more leg out if you have to.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 03-19-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:25 PM #75
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

stopping and going in daily traffic is a lot different than riding on a track...how often does a pro need to put his foot down compared to someone with a daily commute of 10-15 miles?

How tall are you?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 PM #76
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

5'9

i understand what you're saying. im just saying i think people make way to big a deal out of it. it isn't that big of an obstacle.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 PM #77
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

can you dunk on a normal basketball court?

and people make a big deal about not being able to put their feet on the ground, because... it IS a big deal... If I can't hold my bike up comfortably, why ride that bike?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 PM #78
greaseball
CZ master race

because when your riding you dont need to hold the bike up and you will spend 95% of your time riding.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM #79
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Because you can and because, hypothetically, you want that bike. The whole point is to RIDE the bike. Why let a minor (and very easily overcome with no modifications to the bike for 99% of males and most females) inconvenience stop you?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:45 PM #80
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseball View Post
because when your riding you dont need to hold the bike up and you will spend 95% of your time riding.
and yet, that other 5% is still so important... Like stopping at a red light or traffic.

Quote:
Because you can and because, hypothetically, you want that bike. The whole point is to RIDE the bike. Why let a minor (and very easily overcome with no modifications to the bike for 99% of males and most females) inconvenience stop you?
Not being able to put my foot down without leaning the bike way over is a big thing... it makes it a lot easier to drop the bike if you happen to slip, etc... To me, thats not minor. And if I were to buy a bike I couldn't do that with (or consider buying a bike I couldn't do that with) I would look into getting it lowered.

Last edited by NoelyDeezNutz : 03-19-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 PM #81
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

You don't need to lean the bike over at a stop. How tall are you?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 PM #82
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
You don't need to lean the bike over at a stop. How tall are you?
5'7"

I sat on every bike at a local dealer... I could barely get my toes down on a busa, I could get one foot down on a gsxr if I tilted it a bit (as much as it sits on the side stand), I could sit on cruisers with no problem, but my feet didnt reach the pegs as comfortably as I would want, some of them were so bad that my legs would be ON the motor in order to reach the pegs.

It may not be an issue for a lot of people, but for a big percentage, it is. Some people may blow it out of proportion, but I can only talk from experience and my point of view. One of the main reasons I was looking at a FZ6R over some of the other sport bikes was that I could reach the ground with the one I was looking at, where as I couldn't, comfortably, on others...
Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 PM #83
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Dude...seriously? You are not too short for those bikes, unless you've got freakishly short legs or something. The problem is you don't know how to sit on a motorcycle (i kid)

Like I said before, next time try sitting on the bike with your butt off center. You don't need to sit directly in the middle of the seat. Slide over with your thigh across the seat.

I'm barely 2 inches taller than you and I can comfortably hold up any bike I've ever swung a leg over to include big dual sports and motocross bikes with ease this way.
I've got plenty of riding buddies that are shorter than I am that ride sportbikes on a semi daily basis.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 PM #84
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
Being able to touch is a comfort thing. And you should be comfortable with the bike you ride. Nobody can tell you if being able to touch is a big deal or not because that's up to you. If not being able to touch makes you nervous or unsure on a bike, then TO YOU it is a big deal. For most short people, being able to touch is a major factor in purchasing a bike. It's one of the reasons seat height is listed in bike stats and the reason that a low seat height is listed as a feature on several bikes.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
tonybhall is offline   Reply With Quote