Community Focus

Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 PM #43
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseball View Post

you got lucky my friend.
ha this was posted by a local here. crazy ****
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 PM #44
zoink
cats cats cats

zoink is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
turkeys hate motorcycles, pretty well known fact. If you see one driving an SUV better get away quick.

hope they ate that thing.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:47 PM #45
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

sv650 clipons or renthal dirt bike bar to go on my bandit.

cant decide.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 03-18-2012, 11:10 PM #46
zoink
cats cats cats

low bars, but not clipons
Old 03-18-2012, 11:11 PM #47
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

they are low but not that low. they would put my hands just over even with the upper triple i think.

a ducati monster handlebar would probably work well.

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 03-18-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 AM #48
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

just what my f4i needs

nitrous
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/2905909622.html

Old 03-19-2012, 05:07 AM #49
adgergewh

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
they are low but not that low. they would put my hands just over even with the upper triple i think.

a ducati monster handlebar would probably work well.
I have Renthal ultra lows on my Monster and they're great. The stock handlebars...
Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 AM #50
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

still got the stock one? what dont you like about it?

Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 AM #51
adgergewh

Stock one was bent so I got rid of it. They had such a large rise I couldn't wait to get rid of them. It felt like I was putting around on a moped or something, my shoulders and elbows were high. With the Renthals it's at a more natural height for me. I really like where they sit, there's basically no rise to them at all but they are still like 3-4" higher (guessing) than where clipons under the tree would be.

edit: after looking at a picture of the factory one I also remembered the angle of the grips was not great which bothered me more than the height.

The outside of the grips come down/back farther putting your wrists at a different angle, it almost feels my wrists are sagging. The Renthals are basically straight across.

Last edited by adgergewh : 03-19-2012 at 08:42 AM.
adgergewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 AM #52
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Gotcha. What monster do you have? I like the bend of the newer 696/796 handlebars.

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 03-19-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:42 AM #53
zoink
cats cats cats

I put ultra lows on the z1000 before I sold it, dig 'em.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM #54
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

but how much $$$. ill have to check at work

Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 PM #55
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
I didn't think it'd be this hard to pull the carbs on this dinky bike

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 PM #56
carcrazycorey
Meow

carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
but how much $$$. ill have to check at work
place by me had them on sale for like $30 a while back. They probably go for around $40-$50 though. I was looking at them when I had to replace the bars on my bike. Decided to stay OEM though.
carcrazycorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM #57
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I suppose I learned my less about riding with no horn. Some idiot merged into my lane this morning forcing me to pass her in the oncoming lane. I went to go use my horn and quickly remember there's nothing there.
automagwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:04 PM #58
justavillain
I've got nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior
I suppose I learned my less about riding with no horn. Some idiot merged into my lane this morning forcing me to pass her in the oncoming lane. I went to go use my horn and quickly remember there's nothing there.
Just removed mine last night. My horn button is in the same spot as the starter on my quad and trail bike. And the kill switch on my dirtbike

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM #59
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
train horn. do it!

at least my mx bike is up and running. the dirt toy is sooooo much more fun than the street toy. just a lot less convenient to "go for a ride".
Old 03-19-2012, 04:10 PM #60
automagwarrior

Karl, I'm bring a dirt toy home on Sunday. For the rest of the season you can school me on dirt and i'll school you on street
Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 PM #61
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

ooooh sweet what'd ya get!? afaik there is NO dirt riding at all in CT, except for some place that's called thomaston dam, i guess. even then, restrictions out the ***. we have plenty of land in MA. although compared to a few years ago it's very scary how much our riding spots have dwindled.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:46 PM #62
automagwarrior

Theres plenty of places to ride in CT. I'm going to look at a KX125 on Sunday after work. I posted up in the dirtbike thread on here asking for advice, check it out and let me know what you think
Old 03-19-2012, 05:11 PM #63
justavillain
I've got nothing

Dirt bikes are a riot. I love riding mine. Only downside is all my friends have quads so they like trails for them. So open and full of sand so I had to get a quad....

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic