Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 PM #22
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Seafoam. Add a few oz to the bext few tanks and see if the problem clears up. I add a few oz every few tanks to keep my carbs clean... I dont want to have to clean them.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2012, 05:32 PM #23
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ
Fresh fuel if it has been sitting a while.
It is fresh right now. Ill also be adding the seafoam tonight. But I have a few minor things to fix also on it that I need to pull it apart for.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:12 PM #24
automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well, it wouldn't be springtime if I didn't run out of gas. Third year in a row I've run out of gas right at the beginning of the season.

I was kind of pushing my GS to see how far it would go on one tank and I found out as she started sputtering while I'm on the expressway. I was able to pull over and flip to reserve and ride to a gas station. I'm glad I know where the "limit" is though.
automagwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:12 PM #25
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Duck I have been reading in the last thread what you have been saying about 2 strokes and I disagree with everything you said. I actually agree with tman. That's a first.
That's fine and all, but did you actually read the articles I posted? Explains what I'm trying to say better than I can. You can believe what you want, I'm just putting the facts out there.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:33 PM #26
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
Saw one of the weirdest things I've ever seen while riding today. Went for about a 2 hour ride today. Took some twisty backroads. It was a beautiful day. I'm doing about 50 mph on a short straight on a very curvy county road when I see a small turkey run up on the road in the oncoming lane. At first I think he's gonna run right out in front of me but then he turns in the direction I'm going and starts running up the road. As I get to him he takes off and flies at head level right next to me for about 2 or 3 seconds then turns and flies into the woods. For just a second I felt like I could reach out and grab him. It was pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
LOL, Y'all are <del>****</del> out of luck. The first post has now exceeded the allowable limit.
Remove some of the people that never post or haven't posted in forever.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Last edited by tonybhall : 03-18-2012 at 06:41 PM.
tonybhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM #27
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

If I create the next thread I'll do it.
tmanbuckhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:16 PM #28
CyberDork
UNRETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
Harley.
Hellllll no lol
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 PM #29
automagwarrior

This was posted on a local forum. Too good not to re-post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
I went out for a ride this morning, first "real" one of the year. Coffee, leathers, nice weather, new inspection sticker - just an all around relaxing day and great afternoon for a rip.

I'm heading home on the highway, in the middle lane, and I notice car in the right lane coming up beside me. I look over, and it's a teenage girl, going maybe 5-10mph faster than I am. Right as she comes up along side me, I look over and notice that she is completely face-down looking at her cell phone, which she's resting on the steering wheel while texting.

I expected it, and she starts to drift into my lane. At this point I am RIGHT next to her, and there's a car about 4-5 car lengths in front of me so I can't just speed up (or basically, get away from her). So I do the "polite" thing - I pull in the clutch and wrap the throttle to around 14k.

It startled her so badly, that she jerked up from texting-posture, and in the process flung her phone right out the ****ing window. :lol: If I had better reflexes, I probably could have caught the thing - that's how close it came to hitting me.

I have never had a more rewarding thing happen to me, ever. It's bad enough that she was completely not paying attention to the road, but to have the window down and not "notice" that there's a 1000cc sportbike next to you at 80mph? Watching her phone go tumbling down the road in my mirror is something I'll keep with me for the rest of my riding days.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 PM #30
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Dumb ***** needs to have her drivers license revoked until she's 30.
tmanbuckhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:24 PM #31
Ammolord
IT'S WAYNE BRADY *****!

Ammolord is playing at Living Legends V
Someone should add me under the yamaha list: 07 YZF600R

~'13 Harley Davidson Sportster 48 ~
(Basic Bolt-ons)
~'13 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior~
(Stock DD)
~Custom '99 Sniper Pump~

(CCM Pump Kit, EDGE Barrel Kit, QR bolt, CP reg, CP ASA)
Ammolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:28 PM #32
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavillain View Post
Also my clutch lever doesn't like to snap all the way back. Its not effecting how my clutch activates it just has some play before it pulls the cable.
You want to have a little bit of free play in the clutch lever...I suppose you mean there's a lot. Just adjust it?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:31 PM #33
casualties07

If the story is in fact true, awesome! Can't stand people that text and drive like that.
casualties07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:41 PM #34
carcrazycorey
Meow

carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualties07 View Post
If the story is in fact true, awesome! Can't stand people that text and drive like that.
What's worse is that I have seen people text and ride, wtf?

mounted my gopro on the handlebars and decided to make a short video. Excuse the lack of jacket, it was in my dad's truck and he was at work. I had to get a ride in today

carcrazycorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:53 PM #35
greaseball
CZ master race

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
Saw one of the weirdest things I've ever seen while riding today. Went for about a 2 hour ride today. Took some twisty backroads. It was a beautiful day. I'm doing about 50 mph on a short straight on a very curvy county road when I see a small turkey run up on the road in the oncoming lane. At first I think he's gonna run right out in front of me but then he turns in the direction I'm going and starts running up the road. As I get to him he takes off and flies at head level right next to me for about 2 or 3 seconds then turns and flies into the woods. For just a second I felt like I could reach out and grab him. It was pretty awesome.

Remove some of the people that never post or haven't posted in forever.

you got lucky my friend.
greaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:20 PM #36
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazycorey View Post

mounted my gopro on the handlebars and decided to make a short video. Excuse the lack of jacket, it was in my dad's truck and he was at work. I had to get a ride in today

No need to ask us for forgiveness. It's your skin and you know the risks you take if you squid. I was totally squidding today. It felt awesome.

When I say totally squidding, I mean no jacket. I'm not going full retard with flip flops and no helmet. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseball View Post

you got lucky my friend.
Yeah, I've seen that before but had forgotten about it. I saw this bird in plenty of time and had slowed down enough that I would have been in much better shape if he had tried to take me out. But any time I go down back country roads I'm always worried about animals running out in the road. Especially deer and big dogs.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
tonybhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:30 PM #37
automagwarrior

Wow that road looked intense
Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 PM #38
CyberDork
UNRETIRED

Anyone ever set up suspension settings before? I doubt my bike is dailed in with all the different parts and want to start from square one. Sag seems easy enough to do, but dampening settings for the street on a custom bike might be a PITA test and tune for a few weeks.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:42 PM #39
carcrazycorey
Meow

carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
No need to ask us for forgiveness. It's your skin and you know the risks you take if you squid. I was totally squidding today. It felt awesome.

When I say totally squidding, I mean no jacket. I'm not going full retard with flip flops and no helmet. LOL

Yeah, I've seen that before but had forgotten about it. I saw this bird in plenty of time and had slowed down enough that I would have been in much better shape if he had tried to take me out. But any time I go down back country roads I'm always worried about animals running out in the road. Especially deer and big dogs.
It was around 90* today, just so hot with a leather jacket. I feel more comfortable wearing it though. I always wear a helmet, gloves, pants, boots.

Luckily here in Florida there aren't really any animals that run out in the roads lol
carcrazycorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 PM #40
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Well, it wouldn't be springtime if I didn't run out of gas. Third year in a row I've run out of gas right at the beginning of the season.
My friend blew his fork seal today and it's suppose to be beautiful for the next 5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
This was posted on a local forum. Too good not to re-post.
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazycorey View Post
I've done it before...
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:57 PM #41
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
**** that mess, my phone goes in my pocket and stays there until I park. There is nothing that is THAT important that it can't wait for me to stop.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:11 PM #42
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo

You want to have a little bit of free play in the clutch lever...I suppose you mean there's a lot. Just adjust it?
Its like driving a car with the rack and pinion going out.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote