PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-08-2012, 06:07 PM #43
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
They paused it basically right as he was being picked up and taken downstairs, then didn't put it on till the ambulance showed up.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Eternal Acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 PM #44
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
My reaction before, during and after this movie:

Old 06-08-2012, 07:11 PM #45
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
there was a ghost that slimed you with ectoplasm?

not sure if I want to see this now...
Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 PM #46
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I have a few questions that I either didn't catch or understand:

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)

1) Where did the facehugger come from? I got that Charlie impregnated Shaw cause he was infected...but what about the one that killed the biologist?

2) Are we to presume then that the space jockey from the original series is from another failed ship?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 PM #47
Smart Parts Player12

Didn't like it too much. Felt like the whole movie was in the trailer.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 PM #48
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Obviously not an Alien fan.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:30 PM #49
tater66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
I have a few questions that I either didn't catch or understand:

1) Where did the facehugger come from? I got that Charlie impregnated Shaw cause he was infected...but what about the one that killed the biologist?

2) Are we to presume then that the space jockey from the original series is from another failed ship?

I'm going to assume a lot of things here, because I feel like that's how the movie was designed. 1) The canisters were bio weapons. Assuming from holloways contact and the eye worm, the canisters leaked those small worms and the atmosphere was ripe for them to grow rapidly.

2) NO ****ING CLUE. The one question I wanted answered. Here is my thoughts. The engineers and humans share the same DNA. We learn from past aliens that the face hungers impregnate and that embryo takes on the form of the host, like the dog alien and the proto- alien at the end of Prometheus. So, if the crashed ship on LV-426 is from shaw then it makes sense that the xenomorphs look how they do and if you're assuming this then it can be inferred that shaw still had an embryo in her, as evidence other constantly clutching herself( could also be due to the stitches) and why the message broadcast is a warning to not go tithe ship.

"Originally Posted by AR55
Must of been a pretty intense game if you had to wear headbands."
tater66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:42 PM #50
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater66 View Post
I'm going to assume a lot of things here, because I feel like that's how the movie was designed. 1) The canisters were bio weapons. Assuming from holloways contact and the eye worm, the canisters leaked those small worms and the atmosphere was ripe for them to grow rapidly.

2) NO ****ING CLUE. The one question I wanted answered. Here is my thoughts. The engineers and humans share the same DNA. We learn from past aliens that the face hungers impregnate and that embryo takes on the form of the host, like the dog alien and the proto- alien at the end of Prometheus. So, if the crashed ship on LV-426 is from shaw then it makes sense that the xenomorphs look how they do and if you're assuming this then it can be inferred that shaw still had an embryo in her, as evidence other constantly clutching herself( could also be due to the stitches) and why the message broadcast is a warning to not go tithe ship.

1) I suppose that's a possibility.

2) Holy sheeeet. If Shaw and the original space jockey are connected in any way mind = blown. I can't wait for the sequels haha!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 PM #51
tater66

Quote:

1) I suppose that's a possibility.

2) Holy sheeeet. If Shaw and the original space jockey are connected in any way mind = blown. I can't wait for the sequels haha!
Haha yeah, it took me a good while to formulate that connection, albeit possibly false one.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:22 PM #52
spizle2k5
Pink Flag

spizle2k5 is for the Gunfight
Movie was wild

I hope they make another one soon
spizle2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:18 AM #53
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Movie was absolutely fantastic. Loved every moment of it. It is definitely a must see in Imax. Whoever complained about the 3D... I really don't know why. The 3D was VERY limited in DoF. The worst part of the 3D was the introductory Imax sequence which burned my eyes. The actual movie itself was hardly even noticeable to be in 3D apart from the HUD displays and such.

I really, really, really hope Ridley Scott makes some sequels to this.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:28 AM #54
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

iirc Treghc, they're already doing viral marketing for 2.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:23 PM #55
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Obviously not an Alien fan.
Not really I liked all of those movies. I just didn't think Prometheus was that great.

Character development was non existent and the film itself was predictable to a fault.
Smart Parts Player12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:20 PM #56
spizle2k5
Pink Flag

ok so what did David say to the engineer?

I need help remembering how the engineer reacted to Shaw being hit in the stomach

I remember him looking over as it happened but i'm not sure if he looked upset about it

If so i'm thinking that action plus what david said is the reason he wanted to eliminate the human race

thoughts?

Last edited by spizle2k5 : 06-09-2012 at 08:22 PM.
spizle2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:23 PM #57
tater66

Quote:
Originally Posted by spizle2k5 View Post
ok so what did David say to the engineer?

I need help remembering how the engineer reacted to Shaw being hit in the stomach

I remember him looking over as it happened but i'm not sure if he looked upset about it

If so i'm thinking that action plus what david said is the reason he wanted to eliminate the human race

thoughts?
the engineers created us as an experiment and then realised we had potential, then they gave us technology and we started abusing it to kill each other. So, instead of sacrificing ourselves to help others, self sacrifice is all through this movie, we started killing each other to the disdain of the engineers. Enroure to eliminate us some **** happened and the toxin got out. I'm pretty sure the engineer was just pissed that his failed creations, who caused their demise in the first place by causing the agent to escape, were there.
what I got out of it.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:57 AM #58
MC Pee Pants

Awesome movie.

time to go rewatch Alien
Old 06-10-2012, 04:19 AM #59
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
iirc Treghc, they're already doing viral marketing for 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Not really I liked all of those movies. I just didn't think Prometheus was that great.

Character development was non existent and the film itself was predictable to a fault.
Character development was one of the greatest aspects of the movie. Every single person in that film came from different social perspectives and were all encountered with the harsh reality of life. Every traumatic experience actually really shaped everyone's character in to something different from how they were originally represented. Many of the characters toyed with differing philosophical views which also changed as events occurred in the film.

Again, film was fantastic. I'm going to be going again so I can translate a few things better. Any fans of Blade Runner or Alien knows the undertones Ridley Scott is so incredible at layering in his films. This film is no different. You can't possibly get everything out of it in one viewing.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:41 AM #60
RanDoM_MoNkeY
Stump the Monkey!

Thought this was interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by spizle2k5 View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uswn1/prometheus_everything_explained_and_analysed/
RanDoM_MoNkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 PM #61
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Very interesting indeed.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:52 PM #62
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

This was INCREDIBLE in Imax

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 PM #63
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post
I'm thinking the ship is crashing because a. the humans bring it down or B. a baby xenomorph is popping out of the chest of the jockey.

because when they go to the ship in alien, the xenomorph has a giant hole in it's chest in the nav chair.

The resulting crash frees the xenomorphs or opens the container where all the pods are laid.

I guess if it's not a faithful prequel they dont need to go with either but thats my gut feeling (b). Part of the reason why planet of the apes was pretty successful was the fact that it had those little tid bits that put you into the universe and gave you background knowledge on how the world is taken over. I guess i'd like to know more about the xenomorphs background really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
Neither of those are going to happen, and it will still be faithful. Ridley Scott has said that this isn't so much a direct prequel, but something existing in the same universe as Alien. Something that has that DNA that will tie it all together, but not need it and stand by itself.

The tie in to make it a true prequel simply needs to be the Space Jockey's, and references (such as the Weyland Industries tie in already existing, the Space Jockey as it's already featured in ALIEN, and some reason the SJ would create the Xenomorph).

First: Ridley Scott already said we won't see the Xenomorph. The movie stands alone, and by itself.
Second: It's a prequel in the sense it explores the Space Jockey we already saw in the chair which makes it cannon.

All they need to do, and probably will do, is show you the ship we already saw crashed in ALIEN and it's automatically tied together. If the ship was going to Earth, as mentioned in the most recent preview, then we know it never makes it there. Why it crashed on LV-426 we don't even have to know. We just know it didn't make it there, and it was carrying the Xenomorph for some reason to exterminate us.

We didn't shoot it down, or The Company (which you already know is what Weyland Industries becomes) would have known it was there before Ripley encountered them in ALIEN. In the Directors Cut of Aliens you find out that they colonized the planet AFTER Ripley's encounter, and knew about them being there from that (a missing part in the original release).

I think some people are going to be upset thinking we're going to see the Xenomorph, etc, but that's not what this movie is about. It's about this race that can create such a monstrocity, and why they did. It's completely stand alone, but it's got that Alien DNA and exists in the verse.

They'll toss us a bone so we go "Oh, so that's why the Space Jockey had the Xenomorph on the ship", and we'll probably see the ship before **** hit the fan and it crashed. That's all we'll see, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post
I think this trailer gives away a lot of information
Why?
1. - 1:38 - looks like alien (it looks like the xenomorph patterened on the wall. So maybe they are behind that door and the crash sets them free?)
2. - 2:04 - nav chair from alien where the creature with the burst chest is found and the alien is walking towards it.
3. - 2:04 - the picture of the alien with the snout in the chair
4. 2:05 - looks like a girl in a pod with a face hugger over her
5. 2:13 - human running away from ship as it fall down sideways which means that it is crashing and they are there

the 1979 Alien trailer shows.
:52 is the same exact ship fallen sideways!

Ok, so what i think is the story line from the trailers, information and previous movies.

They find signs/glifs of this alien species and a map leading to their location. For some reason this ship is stuck on this planet either because it crashed or it is dormant. When the people come upon the ship, they activate it and eventually the jockeys awake. The purpose of this ship is a vessel that harvests life across the universe or some doomsday biological lab thing. Either way one person gets infected by an organism on this ship (not a xenomorph) that transforms them. Hence the scene where one guy is jumping onto another from atop the burning ship in the cargo bay looks all alien (Trailer). It looks like the main "monster" is a creature that transforms you when you are infected. Then the people find out that the jockeys plan to go to earth to either harvest, or destroy or harvest and destroy and they mean to stop it. "hence the line we will not have an earth to come back to" They go about this by trying to bring down the ship and maybe a facehugger is set loose and infects the jockey. They try to escape from the ship after sabotaging it and it crashes sideways or the xeno is bursting from the chest of the jockey and it crashes. At this point there is probably only one person, maybe two left alive. The movie ends with the person "probably the main chick" goes into stasis and drifts into space ... as she is drifting off into space they pan back to the partly dead jockey in the nav chair as the xeno bursts from his chest. End movie. Either way i expect one chest burst scene at the very end of the movie.

now the reason why either one or two people escape or a ship transmission is due to the fact that the android in alien was programmed to capture the creature and bring it back. Wayeland finds out about alien by discovering the ship or a transmission and learning their story.
Again THIS IS MY HUNCH NOT FACT!!!

I'm pretty impressed with myself when it comes to guessing the movie.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote