Community Focus

Old 04-16-2012, 05:04 PM #1
PaintballinBanana
Paintball DUH

PaintballinBanana supports Pev's Paintball
PaintballinBanana plays in the APPA beginner division
PaintballinBanana supports Empire
How to Start a Team

I was just wondering how to start a paintball team. I am thinking about starting one a thenegginibg of summer. Here are a few questions. Should you have a team account of sorts were people put in money every month? Should you go for sponsorship? Anything you guys know that would help. Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2012, 05:36 PM #2
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Starting your own team takes a lot of time and dedication. Many teams don't survive their first year(s). There are lots of reasons.

I would suggest establishing a core group first and work from there. These players will be your foundation. They should be like minded folks who share the same values and are oriented on the same team goals.

Once you've established the core group start playing, practice tons. The more you practice the better you will be. Ask established local teams to be a part of their practices or if they'd like to scrimmage.
The most important thing to remember with scrimmages and playing other teams, make sure you are playing better teams as much as possible this is how you learn the most.

As you get comfortable with each other look at the upcoming events and decide what to play. If needed search for local free agents to fill a temp spot or possibly a permanent spot.

The best thing to do is build your organization and work on playing and improving your skills before a team bank account or sponsorships.
There is a lot to worry about as a first year team, don't drag sponsorships and other business items in just yet. Have everyone pay the captain and have that person pay entry to events. Decide before the event what everyone's budgets are so you don't have to worry about paint/travel at the last second.

Once you've put some events under your belts then start to consider some of the other business decisions as the need arises.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:05 PM #3
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
^ i double this it takes alot of money snd dedication
Old 04-16-2012, 06:46 PM #4
PaintballinBanana
Paintball DUH

PaintballinBanana supports Pev's Paintball
PaintballinBanana plays in the APPA beginner division
PaintballinBanana supports Empire
Come on lets get more ideas

Last edited by PaintballinBanana : 04-17-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: misspelling
PaintballinBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 PM #5
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Well the first step is to learn to use the search bar. Not being a dick but if you are no willing to put in the 10 minutes to search for this topic, then you are not ready to start a team. It takes a lot of work, patience, money, and time by not only yourself but the people that are on your team. If you are going to head this off and can't be bothered to search a little to find the answer then you are going to have an incredibly tough time putting and keeping a team together.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:03 PM #6
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
My best advice is to play with friends. Not like : tell your best friend from college to nut up and buy a marker, but guys you gell with well at your local field.