P0GU3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 PM #44
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex View Post
As you can tell by the list most of them are in the Southern States...or the barren wasteland states, which nobody cares about
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
North Carolina
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Wyoming
Not sure if serious.

OSST FDT: 10% on topic, 90% diary entries, 100% homoerotic
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:27 PM #45
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 &amp;amp;amp;lt;3-

I would like to point out, by error of the OP, that parents must give permission for the school to give corporal punishment (ie. swats). It's not like it just happens and then parents get pissed off. The permission has been given.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM #46
LOL Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
I would like to point out, by error of the OP, that parents must give permission for the school to give corporal punishment (ie. swats). It's not like it just happens and then parents get pissed off. The permission has been given.
No ****. You still don't see anything peculiar about teachers spanking kids on their *** in front of other kids? In a school?

I'm not against the idea completely, but I do think it's the job of the parents to do that. The school board not telling the parents that their kids are getting spanked is different from the parent's vehement requests telling them not to hit the kid. I can only imagine how people who believe it's wrong to hit your own kids would react to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex View Post
As you can tell by the list most of them are in the Southern States...or the barren wasteland states, which nobody cares about
Alabama
Arizona
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
Tennessee
Texas
You've got some nerve saying this when you live in Minnesota.

Last edited by LOL Renegade : 03-18-2012 at 07:41 PM.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:44 PM #47
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Reznik View Post
yeah, schools should have absolutely no part in how to discipline poor behavior. i mean, let's face it. the goal of grade school isn't to socialize the youth and form them into the next generation of drones; it's to read catcher in the rye and learn long division. and yeah, damn those parents for working during the day. lazy ****ers leaving it up to the institutions they trust with the care of their kids for 40 hours a week to carry out some form of disciplinary action. and god knows, if any child ever needs discipline, it's the fault of horrible parenting. it's not just, you know, kids being kids. it's today's society's fault, dammit! let's go back to the good old days where left handed students were smacked until they stopped writing with the devils hand. ah yes, things were better then. today's society is such a ****hole.

seriously dude, you can't be that ****ing stupid.
Yes, kids being kids also means they do need to be taught discipline at some time in their lives. You either teach your kids discipline yourself, or let someone else do it.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 PM #48
LOL Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardpainball View Post
Yes, kids being kids also means they do need to be taught discipline at some time in their lives. You either teach your kids discipline yourself, or let someone else do it.
Pretty much agreed. Not saying spanking is necessary, but a discipline free household early on in life will usually lead to the kids growing up to be spineless, disrespectful ****heads who won't be prepared to take on any responsibility in the real world. Doesn't mean you need to be unnecessarily strict with pointless **** either. There has to be a tough but fair and not outrageously nazi-like atmosphere.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:34 PM #49
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
I lived in Arizona and never heard of anything like this going on.
My Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:31 AM #50
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 &amp;amp;amp;lt;3-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
No ****. You still don't see anything peculiar about teachers spanking kids on their *** in front of other kids? In a school?

I'm not against the idea completely, but I do think it's the job of the parents to do that. The school board not telling the parents that their kids are getting spanked is different from the parent's vehement requests telling them not to hit the kid. I can only imagine how people who believe it's wrong to hit your own kids would react to this.

You've got some nerve saying this when you live in Minnesota.
I've lived in two of the states on that list and have seen first hand what happens. NEVER have I seen, or heard of, a kid get pops "in front of others." In every school I've been in, and I'd like to remind you I've been in alot of schools, they take them into an office and do it. I remember when I got the only pops I've ever gotten, back in Kindergarten, and I was taken back into an office. And still, in High School, that's how it happens.

I would also like to point out that it's not like you get spanked hard. And, funny thing is, in the many schools I've been to, noone has EVER looked at getting pops in a bad way. It's actually the preferred way out, over detention/ISS. The kids CHOOSE to get pops instead of the other punishment.

If some schools do things differently, so be it. But I've never been to one that did it like that. It's common knowledge that all a teacher needs to spank a kid, with permission, is another adult in the room to watch. However, NEVER have I seen that done. Every teacher who I've talked to about it has never seen or heard of it actually being done, either.

So let's not take things out of perspective here. I'm giving you first hand account information, as someone who has been to more high schools than many people will have jobs. (ignoring that we don't even move as much as we did when I was younger)

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:45 AM #51
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0GU3 View Post
Hippy has it may sound but my kid wont want that "diabeetus" crap they call food. Fake foods, Sugar and Caffeine really do affect your childs behavior, Ill have a decent enough relationship with my children, they will listen to my words and respect what I have to say and vise versa. They will be a reason why they're throwing a fit and it wont be anything we cant handle.
a little kid isn't gonna respect what you say like an adult does. their brain doesn't work like that. not trying to be rude or tell you how to live your life, just a heads up. a toddler is not always going to understand when you sit him down and explain why he can't have a new toy or why he shouldn't stick his finger in an electrical socket. at a certain age words are not a consequence to a child.

i know a lot of people who weren't spanked. to be honest a lot of them have impulsive behavior or are spoiled. people have been using mild force as a deterrent during child rearing for most of our existence so i will keep it up.

Last edited by chodeyg : 03-19-2012 at 12:48 AM.
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:56 AM #52
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
a young kid is just like a puppy. when the puppy ****s in your house on the carpet, you dont take that puppy to a corner and explain to it that doing that action is wrong and it shouldnt be done anymore. Same goes for a child when they throw temper tantrums, are out of line. I am not saying you have to beat the child or spank them for long just a quick hit the the wrist or bum..... just so they know the action is wrong.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 AM #53
lifeisgood765
#*****esCan'tHandleMySwag

lifeisgood765 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
lifeisgood765 supports Team VICIOUS
lifeisgood765 plays in the APPA beginner division
lifeisgood765 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Without discipline kids would just think they can do anything without any repercussions
lifeisgood765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:05 AM #54
paintthower05

has been a member for 10 years
paintthower05 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintthower05 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
he said schools shouldn't have the right to decide their own disciplinary actions. then followed it up with that gem about schools disciplining kids instead of the parents being the downfall of society.

lol
Not what I was saying at ALL. I DO however believe parents are the downfall of today's society. Schools should have the right to discipline kids through detention and suspension and other such means. Not spanking. I was saying that parents rely too heavily on the school system to raise their children for them. Too ****ing busy with work and other things to raise your kid properly? Don't ****ing have them then. But this usually isn't the case. The case is usually people being too ****ing lazy to raise and discipline their own kids and see their kids as just another check from the guv'ment.

VVVVFEEDBACKVVVV
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1081449
paintthower05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM #55
Trevor Reznik (Banned)
Ben is banned! again

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex
a young kid is just like a puppy. when the puppy ****s in your house on the carpet, you dont take that puppy to a corner and explain to it that doing that action is wrong and it shouldnt be done anymore. Same goes for a child when they throw temper tantrums, are out of line. I am not saying you have to beat the child or spank them for long just a quick hit the the wrist or bum..... just so they know the action is wrong.
yeah, it is just like raising a puppy. hitting them when they did something wrong is nowhere close to the most effective way to reprimand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintthower05
Not what I was saying at ALL. I DO however believe parents are the downfall of today's society. Schools should have the right to discipline kids through detention and suspension and other such means. Not spanking. I was saying that parents rely too heavily on the school system to raise their children for them. Too ****ing busy with work and other things to raise your kid properly? Don't ****ing have them then. But this usually isn't the case. The case is usually people being too ****ing lazy to raise and discipline their own kids and see their kids as just another check from the guv'ment.
yeah, i too love to take the actions of a small minority of the population and say that that is the norm.

the case is usually raising a kid is hard ****ing work and people **** up and get frustrated from time to time. but, judging from your responses, you're a 16-20 year old kid who thinks he has all the world's problems figured out. heads up: you don't have a ****ing clue.

but i do agree with you that american society is pretty much a cluster**** of worthlessness. good thing there's the whole wide world out there!
Trevor Reznik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM #56
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisgood765 View Post
Without discipline kids would just think they can do anything without any repercussions
this. you don't want them to discover what consequences are in the real world.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 AM #57
Trevor Reznik (Banned)
Ben is banned! again

when did anybody say kids don't need discipline?

discipline doesn't have to come from a fist. fortunately, many are now learning this.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 AM #58
chodeyg
sprezzatura

i'm not saying abuse your kids, but there are gonna be some issues that you won't be able to explain to your child. we would all like to reason with our kids but their brains aren't developed like an adult's. when your kid crosses the street without looking, feel free to try to explain it to him/her again, and again. i assure you, it will be more painless to give them a light tap on the bottom to associate with disobeying dad.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:24 AM #59
Trevor Reznik (Banned)
Ben is banned! again

yeah, my kids won't be retards. so i won't have any issue.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 AM #60
chodeyg
sprezzatura

lmao. good thing you are years away from being a parent. judging by your snippy replies it seems like you could have used a spanking in your life
Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 AM #61
paintthower05

has been a member for 10 years
paintthower05 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintthower05 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
raising a kid is hard ****ing work and people **** up and get frustrated from time to time. but, judging from your responses, you're a 16-20 year old kid who thinks he has all the world's problems figured out. heads up: you don't have a ****ing clue.
Nope. I'm 22 so your range was close but your judgement of me is still not quite spot-on. Go to public school in a southern state and you will see what I mean. When kids act out, most of the time its from someone failing at home. Am I a father? No. Would I have a clue about being a parent? No. Is ****ing up acceptable when raising a kid? Absolutly, if you can't help it. Its a string of ****-ups wherein the problems lie. I also think spanking is the incorrect way to discipline children. It makes the kid fear the punishment rather than care if what he does is right or wrong.

VVVVFEEDBACKVVVV
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1081449
paintthower05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:31 AM #62
Trevor Reznik (Banned)
Ben is banned! again

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
lmao. good thing you are years away from being a parent. judging by your snippy replies it seems like you could have used a spanking in your life
BURN

edit: and there you go, now you sound halfway intelligent. your problem though? 'southern state'

i mean, lol.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:34 AM #63
chodeyg
sprezzatura

give me a break man, its not my fault the warm weather keeps the inbreds alive...