PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 PM #1
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
Whats Going on?

First off, this league is an awesome Idea and I would love to see it succeed. But this thing didn't come off as well as the idea was planned I think. I would love to participate in this league but if I give the faculty all the information on the website I will be laughed out the door. It is for the 2011-2012 season first of all, and theres not much of it anyway. Can we expect some improvements with organization and communication this year?

Next, what up with the format. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't support it at all. Do High school football leagues play with five foot goal posts and limits on how many yards they can move each game, no, why, because that would not be similar to College and professional standards. I don't think the High School League should be just like class A, too strenuous and expensive. But five man race to 2 like class AA is not to much to ask for is it. The potential high school players that would play in this league are experiencing a tournament like no other major series being played right now(not a good thing). Could we have a change in format please?

I see a lot of comments saying that the NHSPA does not have enough volunteers. I see even more comments where someone says they E-mailed the NHSPA offering their services as a volunteer saying they got no response. I have seen plenty of people that said they would be happy to help get this league on the right track. PM me if you would like another volunteer.

Its the beggining of the school year and I want to try and get the faculties approval/support to play in this league. But I have no info to provide them. I consider that a problem. Not sure if the NHSPA does?

Like I said this league is an awesome idea, and I would love to see it succeed. If that means that the 2012-2013 school year needs to become a planning year that is fine with me. If anyone from the organization even looks at this forum could we at the very least get planning info for the upcoming year?

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2012, 11:06 PM #2
joker12187
Axis

joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
i would love to get a series in the south east...i.e. TN, GA, AL, area...being from middle tennessee their is not a league around us within reasonable distance...also, they should make it, where you can just be in the same county...i understand from the school...but their just isnt enough people who play...alot of people might live in the same county, but go to different schools...why just support 1 school, when you can support multiple schools, promote the sport more

2013 Axis Red - MiLP D5 Race to 2 - 3rd Overall in Series
2013 Downfall - World Cup D5 Race to 2 - 7th Place
2014 Axis - MiLP D4 Race to 4 - 3rd Overall in Series

Brand Rep for United Clothing Company - Use Code "Curtis40" for 40% off ANY purchase of Tee shirts or Tank tops!
middletennesseepaintball.com
joker12187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:17 PM #3
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker12187 View Post
i would love to get a series in the south east...i.e. TN, GA, AL, area...being from middle tennessee their is not a league around us within reasonable distance...also, they should make it, where you can just be in the same county...i understand from the school...but their just isnt enough people who play...alot of people might live in the same county, but go to different schools...why just support 1 school, when you can support multiple schools, promote the sport more
I think people should be able to go by school districts. I think if we move to far away from the high school thing then it becomes just another league instead of an actual high school league though.

I'm in Georgia, I hope to play with yall if there is a league this year.

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:34 PM #4
protoballer14
HSI Baller

protoballer14 supports Team VICIOUS
protoballer14 posts videos on PbNation
protoballer14 is an NCPA player
protoballer14 supports DLX Technology
Representing from the mitten, I would love to see the league form and improve, but theres so much work that needs to be done! Ive offered support months ago, and I still offer support now. I have background in business/project management and would love to offer my skills to the team.

Type 1 Diabetes Awareness
protoballer14 is offline   Reply With Quote