PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-03-2012, 09:37 AM #85
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
ah ive had my test client paused on an update from like 4 weeks ago so i never know when the new one comes
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 AM #86
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Haha, i only let it update so I can play new heroes. They changed the UI a little bit again too, just the health/mana bars I think.
Paintnoob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:34 PM #87
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

So I just spent like 5 bucks on a free-to-play game that hasn't even been officially released yet. Never in my life have i been this sweaty
Old 06-01-2012, 08:39 PM #88
Jon Eering

Its just the beginning, I've heard of ludicrous amounts being spent on games like league of legends and Tf2.

Which is cool, because you're not really losing out on anything by not paying.
Jon Eering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:53 PM #89
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Yeah. I actually really really like the dota 2 item model though. I like that items just drop after games, and everyone is on equal footing no matter what items they have. I think it's slightly different (and way better) than both LoL and TF2. You can get every single item in the game without ever paying a dime (which you can't in LoL), and there is no stat bonus to having an item (like there is in Tf2). I think Valve really got it right with this one.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:06 PM #90
#YOLO
DWB

Venge/Lycan/Skele king in the same RD game. Game was full of violent rape. SK and VS auras together with howl makes it so damn easy to push.
#YOLO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:29 AM #91
RunningWithSheep
*fixed avatar*

I applied for the BETA on Steam a couple of weeks ago, I never played the original DoTA so I just filled out the survey randomly, I'm sure they'll catch on to my bull**** but hopefully I'll get in anyway.
RunningWithSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:51 PM #92
rkhig
Virginia Tech

Annual Supporting Member
rkhig owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
rkhig is an NCPA player
rkhig plays in the APPA D4 division
rkhig supports DLX Technology
its become alot better since the first like beta outlook but its a great game. Dota 1 is still my childhood. hook your friends up with invites!
rkhig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:03 PM #93
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

the last UI change was terrible, no need to make it bigger. the stupid "customizable" hero pick and poke card thing is also extremely stupid and clunky. outside that it has gotten a lot better
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 PM #94
#YOLO
DWB

I have yet to figure out how to customize the hero picker, but I only play SD anyways so flipping through 3 cards is no problem. For AP the cards are stupid as hell. Whenever I go back to playing that I think I'll just do grid mode and make everything really big so it looks like the old one.

Played PA for the first time today, that ***** is pretty fun, but I also got a lucky good start.

Also anybody that wants to play, you can trade for an invite for like 5 bucks at this point. I think the going rate is 2 treasure keys for an invite, and keys are 2.50 apiece.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 PM #95
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I need some people to play with and who will help me learn how to play Riki :/

51st Orca Street Hustlers
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:47 PM #96
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

http://www.own3d.tv/FaintRush/video/724065

Legendary game by M5
Old 07-25-2012, 08:36 AM #97
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

is that the 6 minute ehome win where half of m5 was wasted in the finals? M5 is such a cluster **** of a team. they have easily one of the best players in the world (who happens to be missing some where in siberia or some ****) but they put together retarded comps and play with reckless aggression.

we have been getting queued against a bunch of pros lately. played against that chick gamer a few times in the last week and got **** rolled by one of the nav'i random dudes last night.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:43 AM #98
F1VENOM

DK vs. IG is love on joindota.com and it's a pretty fast paced game.
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 PM #99
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

crap i was going to watch that, oh well. pretty sure the chinese teams are going to **** role people at the world invitational thing in seatle. ive been watching the beyondthesummit stream and dear lord they look to be on a different level. granted, they are not very familiar with the western strats so you never know.

and naga is like the bread and butter for some of their more brutal strats so expect to see her a lot or see her banned out a lot (which might mean DS and Lycan get through as a result...yummy)

actually, i doubt you will see much DS. having that hero is essentially a free win in capable hands. you need to literately play perfectly against him. also surprised at how often SD and furion make it through.

Last edited by imhungry : 07-25-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:05 AM #100
#YOLO
DWB

I cant wait to see DK at the international 2. Burning is so ****ing good at most carries, its ridiculous.

And i kind of hope m5 lose their invite. Vigoss apparently walked out of a tournament with some russian woman and hasnt been seem since, and PGG is starting to look like he just does not give a ****. Bloodangel and vigoss are the only respectable players on that team.

Also, i dont think ive seen TA lose in a pro game yet. I kind of expect to see her banned a decent amount

Last edited by #YOLO : 07-26-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:13 PM #101
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by #YOLO View Post
I cant wait to see DK at the international 2. Burning is so ****ing good at most carries, its ridiculous.

And i kind of hope m5 lose their invite. Vigoss apparently walked out of a tournament with some russian woman and hasnt been seem since, and PGG is starting to look like he just does not give a ****. Bloodangel and vigoss are the only respectable players on that team.

Also, i dont think ive seen TA lose in a pro game yet. I kind of expect to see her banned a decent amount
vigoss is far and away the best player on that crappy team. he completely carries it.

ive seen TA lose a lot actually. when that hero is picked there is never a close game it is always a stomping. either the TA gets counter picked and stomped or the TA goes ape**** and they roll the other team.

chaos knight on the other hand, if you got that ****er its your game to lose (well, if the other team somehow gets a DS or something that is crazy powerful maybe not)
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 PM #102
F1VENOM

Burning looked pretty good yesterday easily outplaying Ferrari.

They've found Vigoss and supposedly M5 will be full 5 tomorrow.

As for TA, seems Veno is a really good counter for her.

Anyone else watching WhA vs. Na`Vi?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:32 PM #103
#YOLO
DWB

TI2 will be interesting because of how different the playstyles are between region. Lots of teams will go with no hard carry and just try to push early, while the chinese will always have a farming carry.

And i played my first CK game yesterday and sucked. Should be way better next time i get him though, i was doing so many things wrong
Old 07-26-2012, 02:39 PM #104
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #YOLO View Post
TI2 will be interesting because of how different the playstyles are between region. Lots of teams will go with no hard carry and just try to push early, while the chinese will always have a farming carry.

And i played my first CK game yesterday and sucked. Should be way better next time i get him though, i was doing so many things wrong
Bracer > treads > drums > dominator > manta > satanic > roshan > rapier > win

Edited for Rosh so I don't get called out.

Last edited by F1VENOM : 07-26-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM #105
#YOLO
DWB

Yeah i just went armlet and then had to buy like 3 bracers cause i was getting gaped by a bounty hunter every 5 minutes and couldnt farm for ****.