PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 AM #22
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rhasta has to be the best noob hero for actually winning games. Push to tower, drop wards, don't die. His lightning spell does ridiculous damage early game and his hex is a great escape. Ive only been playing sd so I don't get him every time but hes my most successful hero

Here's my Steam profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048164709/

I'm fairly new to MOBA's, just started playing LoL about a year ago but never really got too far into it after seeing what Solo Queue is like. Still pretty new to Dota 2

Last edited by Paintnoob13 : 03-19-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Paintnoob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2012, 01:42 PM #23
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
rhasta is just one of the best heroes in the game period. he is a very easy hero to pick up but he is also one of the higher skill cap supports out there. he fills a lot of rolls and is definitely a top tier support

ill be on later playing but since it is monday we will probably have a group of 5.

lol my dota time says 375 hours played and there is no way that is remotely close. i have kept the game open on my desktop for a week at a time so that might be the reason

Last edited by imhungry : 03-19-2012 at 01:46 PM.
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 AM #24
STRONK LEIK BEAR

These last two weeks alone, playing 95% of this time, 150 +/- 5 hours.

I know stallion's must be somewhere like 200 cause he's been playin mo den me!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:10 AM #25
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

Tha-Italian-Stallion supports our troops
Tha-Italian-Stallion supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
ive had games like that where we have no carry and end up turtling up and winning. had one where i was sven and said screw it and build treds, bkb, MoM, burriza, ****ty crit sword and cuirass. was able to crit with gods strength for 2.3 k cleaving all that ****. we did 1 counter push and they all bought back and i literally 2 shot their team in a nigma ult. i hate playing sven like that but it was hilarious.

the fact that you can stack crit items in dota always kind of irked me. i know it isnt truely stacking but if you double crit it does stupid damage
Lol, did you just afk farm the whole game and make sure only to get involved in clashed you could ks 1 or 2 kills? I don't like playing heroes passively, so I try not to play farm heavy heroes. I hate having no inherent utility without items, such as say most any hero, clinks being the epitome. He has no offensive/defensive capabilities besides his autoattack, and if they have dust/wards/gem, wtf are you going to do. At least riki has cloud, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
Rhasta has to be the best noob hero for actually winning games. Push to tower, drop wards, don't die. His lightning spell does ridiculous damage early game and his hex is a great escape. Ive only been playing sd so I don't get him every time but hes my most successful hero

Here's my Steam profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048164709/

I'm fairly new to MOBA's, just started playing LoL about a year ago but never really got too far into it after seeing what Solo Queue is like. Still pretty new to Dota 2
I'dd add you onto the list. Rhasta has been for a long time one of my favorite heroes. He's easily picked up because he has a ton of utility, 2 disables, 1 nuke, 1 huge push/clash winning ult. Then again, he is extremely susceptible to any kind of AoE and stuns, he definitely has a good amount of weaknesses. If you just drop wards with no team behind it, you're esentially feeding the other team money, they're worth about 35-40 each? 12 wards, about 450-500 gold. So they can work against you sometimes.

Quote:
rhasta is just one of the best heroes in the game period. he is a very easy hero to pick up but he is also one of the higher skill cap supports out there. he fills a lot of rolls and is definitely a top tier support

ill be on later playing but since it is monday we will probably have a group of 5.

lol my dota time says 375 hours played and there is no way that is remotely close. i have kept the game open on my desktop for a week at a time so that might be the reason
Hey I don't think I got your steam info. Yea rhasta is a b/a

Rapier7: Freeing the slaves was the fallback reasoning when the mounting casualties made "saving the Union" morally inadequate. I wouldn't call Lincoln vindicated. I'd just say the outcome was better than what we expected, hopefully.
Tha-Italian-Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:21 AM #26
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

yeah i usually drop them to push towers so if they die its from tower hits.

i just realized the other day that you can deny your teammates. i misclicked bloodseekers bloodrage and killed one of my teammates haha
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 AM #27
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

nah i didnt farm non-stop (well kind of did). i mainly was hard as hell to kill and would just beefmo team fights and regain like half my HP with every swing.

clinkz is just one of the worst heroes in the game right now. zero utility, cannot sit in a team fight until he has a higher level of his ult, item dependent and more or less fills the same roll as weaver but not as well (sit on the edge of fights and pick off stragglers). hands down the worst carry right now in the current meta is sniper. every time i see that thing in a game it is either a free kill or a facepalm since you have to go above and beyond to keep the thing alive and out of a fight so it can do damage.

edit: not sure how i feel about the darkseer ultstick change. it was absolutely necessary since that hero was ultra OP with an ult stick (throw down wall, keep sending your team through for an endless army of images to destroy their base/stop a push) but the 160% damage images or whatever it is seems like the wrong way to take it. i do, however, loooooooooooove the changes to invoker. makes sunstrike/meatball/wall of frost/forge spirits build a lot better (still way higher skill cap then tornado/emp/deafening blast build)

my ID is globalmung, ill PM you the email.

Last edited by imhungry : 03-20-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 AM #28
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

i got weaver the other day, was not a huge fan at all. i rarely died but i felt so weak in a teamfight. Clinkz is definitely my least favorite hero that ive played. his attack animation is annoying as hell and i couldnt do anything with him.

invoker they just changed EMP to not hit tornadoed units right?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 AM #29
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

If you land a tornado and don't land emp, you're doing something wrong.

Clinkz is poop, sniper though is not that terrible. True, he needs a mile of space to be effective, but soooo many people don't build him right. If you're not maxing shrapnel then we have a problem. You really have to play him tightly, you start dying with him that's the end of the game, you have to be getting last hits on heroes early on with snipe, and hope you can get big enough to carry.

Rapier7: Freeing the slaves was the fallback reasoning when the mounting casualties made "saving the Union" morally inadequate. I wouldn't call Lincoln vindicated. I'd just say the outcome was better than what we expected, hopefully.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 AM #30
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

maxing shrapnel is a bad idea. ill max range or headshot depending on the lane i am in. sometimes i will get shrapnel maxed out first but it really depends on the lane and is generally only if i am not solo'n. in HoN i would agree you max shrap but dota disagree. i actually really like playing sniper but he is just weaker than other options

there is 1 and only 1 way to play weaver and that is farm your *** off and get a radiance ASAP. radiance is 100% absolute core item on him. after that ill usually get a linkens then either a bfly or heart, depending on what i am against.

tornado/emp is the easiest way to play but it is also a complete cop out. it is more annoying than effective and if you are good with forge spirit/sunstrike/wall of frost/meatball build you will be infinitely more effective. the sunstrike buff is pretty huge since it is true damage now and meatball's change makes it so much better. using tornado and emp is good in certain situations but i try to avoid it as my core build on him now

Last edited by imhungry : 03-20-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 AM #31
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha-Italian-Stallion View Post
If you land a tornado and don't land emp, you're doing something wrong.

Clinkz is poop, sniper though is not that terrible. True, he needs a mile of space to be effective, but soooo many people don't build him right. If you're not maxing shrapnel then we have a problem. You really have to play him tightly, you start dying with him that's the end of the game, you have to be getting last hits on heroes early on with snipe, and hope you can get big enough to carry.
I thought they changed EMP to not hit units in the air, so you have to actually put the tiniest bit of effort into timing it. Does anybody play Forge Spirits/Cold Snap? I've only played Invoker a few times but I went Exort/Quas cause it seemed easiest to farm with and assuming the spirits damage stuns, cold snap seems like it'd be really good to combo with them.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:28 AM #32
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

Coldsnap in lane, so OP. Frostwall is such an amazing slow, goodness.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:29 AM #33
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

you have to time it so it hits them as soon as they land. if you are leveling emp/tornado it does not have to be exact since emp's radius is pretty huge
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM #34
Tha-Italian-Stallion
InfiniteScornInOurHearts

Invoker is cake now since they changed him a bit, just rush euls, if you euls, sunstrike and then meteor on that spot, they'll come out of euls as SS hits and meteor lands on them. Also, forge spirits are stronk as ****, each hit drains stacking armor debuff and cold snap is just good.

Yea, I still have a lot of success with maxing shrapnel for early ganks, they stun, you slow, you finish. I max shrap and range 1st. That is probably just a matter of play styles.

I've been playing a lot of warlock, the harass with bonds/dot is very strong. I've been getting "Rod of Atropos" which is a 50% slow for 4 seconds, I bonds, ult, dot, slow and target who I slowed. Fun when 2 of your summons are smacking a slowed hero.

Couple things they should copy HoN on: CM's ice prison needs to be castable on herself/allies. etc.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:09 PM #35
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

you are the only person to ever get slow stick lol. i see halberd every once and a while but never slow stick

fatal bonds is like the best harass spell in the game. cast on the guy and sit back and let the creeps do the work
Old 03-20-2012, 02:37 PM #36
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Is refresher orb common on Skeleton King? I haven't gotten him in sd yet but it seems like armlet/refresher orb would be crazy on him.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:42 PM #37
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
Is refresher orb common on Skeleton King? I haven't gotten him in sd yet but it seems like armlet/refresher orb would be crazy on him.
people used to do it, it is a gimmick build though. you wont even have the mana to use it and your ult unless you go force staff (which you should anyway) and even then you probably wont have the mana. if you do have the mana you will hit like a wet noodle.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:15 PM #38
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Well ****. I was also contemplating trying it on Zeus if I get him because I could sit in base and have my team initiate 4v5, then ult twice.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:33 PM #39
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

it is legit on zues but it is a super luxury item. i am not really a fan of refresher ever but if you are going to get it its best on rhasta, zues, warlock and i guess enigma
Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 PM #40
moib
noooooo

moib helped look for balloons
moib owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I just played Doom Bringer for the first time and I think hes my new favorite. I love his Q, you can get awesome extra skills and auras.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:52 AM #41
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Quote:
it is legit on zues but it is a super luxury item. i am not really a fan of refresher ever but if you are going to get it its best on rhasta, zues, warlock and i guess enigma
Yeah i'll probably never have the farm to actually get one. I need to practice last hitting bad, anytime I'm melee vs. ranged in a lane I just get wrecked.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:08 AM #42
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

well the problem with refresher is it is not cost effective and even when you get it you usually do not have the mana to burn your abilities, refresher, burn again. the passive stats to cost ratio is really, really bad too.

melee v. a ranged in a lane you will get hit a lot but that is why you generally go with a ranged to harass their ranged hero off your ***. other like clockwerk, skele, DK have abilities to spell harass or stay in the lane through constant harassment.