PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 PM #1
Eddie3

Eddie3 is playing at Living Legends V
Eddie3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WGP Pump problem

I'm new to the pump, just bought one and when I got it it shot fine, great really, but when I took it to the field and went to chrono, I was shooting around 350fps. I went to turn it down and when I get it down to a playable speed, when you shoot it air leaks out of the barrel till you cock it again, and I mean a lot of air, but when the presure is turned back up on the reg this stops but then I'm shooting way over 300 fps. I'm sure there is an answer ro this somewhere on here, but I couldn't find it, and like I said, I'm real new to the pump thing. I got it to play at Living Legends durring pump and pistol play on Friday. Anyone have any info for me? I'd appreciate it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Are you adjusting the hammer tension too, or are you only adjusting velocity using the regulator?
A lot of pump players coming from an electro background are unaware that the autococker has a built-in velocity adjuster.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 PM #3
Eddie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Are you adjusting the hammer tension too, or are you only adjusting velocity using the regulator?
A lot of pump players coming from an electro background are unaware that the autococker has a built-in velocity adjuster.
I am unaware of this, I was just adjusting the reg. what/where is the velocity adjuster?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM #4
Jungleislandballer

Jungleislandballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jungleislandballer is for the Gunfight
Jungleislandballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jungleislandballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
it is under the bolt where the cocking rod is its called the "IVG" thats where ur supposed 2 turn it up from
Jungleislandballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleislandballer View Post
it is under the bolt where the cocking rod is its called the "IVG" thats where ur supposed 2 turn it up from
Right. Remove the cocking rod and look down into the hole- it runs through a disc with a hex-slot in the middle that adjusts in and out to change the spring tension on the hammer. That disc is the velocity adjuster, and screwing it in and out with an allen wrench will change the velocity. Adjusting it in should raise velocity, up to a point, and vice versa.

Ideally, next time you have access to a chronograph and some paint you'll sweetspot the regulator and adjuster.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3005785

Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM #6
Eddie3

under the bolt, where the rod goes into the gun? I see a round metal piece with a little hole to the left of the one the rod goes into. Is that what you are talking about? and if so, how do I adjust it?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:39 PM #7
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie3 View Post
under the bolt, where the rod goes into the gun? I see a round metal piece with a little hole to the left of the one the rod goes into. Is that what you are talking about? and if so, how do I adjust it?
Little hole to the left?
Sounds almost like a Rex dialer with a spur gear.
Was this gun stock when you got it?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:40 PM #8
Eddie3

I think mine is different, I can't seem to get an allen to grab anything. I was trying to post a pic of it, but I can't figure out how to do that either.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM #9
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

It's possible that the previous owner swapped out the stock velocity adjuster for a Rex dialer, or something similar.

These are aftermarket velocity adjusters that let you adjust the velocity by turning a smaller screw adjacent to the actual spring perch- the little part drives the main adjustment like a spur gear. This allows you to adjust the velocity without having to remove the cocking rod. Pretty handy, if that's what it is.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:45 PM #10
Eddie3

I have don't know if it's stock, yes there is a hole to the left and I just figured out that there is an allen in there.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 PM #11
Eddie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
It's possible that the previous owner swapped out the stock velocity adjuster for a Rex dialer, or something similar.

These are aftermarket velocity adjusters that let you adjust the velocity by turning a smaller screw adjacent to the actual spring perch- the little part drives the main adjustment like a spur gear. This allows you to adjust the velocity without having to remove the cocking rod. Pretty handy, if that's what it is.

That's it!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:48 PM #12
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

In that case, you'll still want to "sweetspot" the gun as it says in the guide above. Just make sure you have a wrench small enough to use with your rex dialer and follow the instructions as normal.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 PM #13
Eddie3

Thank y'all so much for the help! I'll try to get it working on wed when I'm off and can get to a chrono, thanks again.