PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM #1
backblock

has been a member for 10 years
reviving Barney

I have my old school cocker up and running and mostly re O-ringed. My attention now turns to my old Angel. I dug her out of a box of old "junk" in the garage last night. She seems to take a charge and the board functions, though the solonoid click sounds a bit faint as I remember it. I am going to try to get some air for a test this week. I played with it about 8 years ago last as I recall. I rember a very faint leak coming from the front of the gun.

I have a rebuild kit, but that is at least 12 years old. I also have a parts gun which is my brothers old lcd with a fried board. Should I try to tear this thing apart and replace all the O-rings? I am pretty good at teching markers. I had many angels "back in the day" but I never had to do much with them because they always worked with no issues. I do not have any of the specialized tools. Can I get it apart with out these? Don't worry I will search for the details hear.

Anyways I think it is a 2001 dark? I have all the original matching parts as well. I ordered the cobra catalog when I first bought it. I hope to play with it soon. Angel firepower seemed so ridiculous 12 years ago that I think the gun probably does concede that much to modern markers except size and Eyes. With a modern loader I wouldent think chopping would be an issue though?
backblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 AM #2
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends IX
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
2k dark. Nice shape

Faint noid is likely weak/failed battery. Give it a full charge and see if it takes

LPR oring, minireg piston oring seem to be the culprits for your leak. Could also throw a couple drops of oil in the asa (drying off your bolt afterwards of course) and see if that helps

modern loader will all but get right of chops. Careful with forcefeeds though, they can feed too fast and cause the "2nd" ball to pinch/break in the feed due to rollback. A softface bolt will prevent this.

enjoy and welcome back!

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 AM #3
backblock

Thanks, I think it will be near mint when cleaned up. I have a halo 2 loader, is that considered force feed? I supose it probably is as I suprisingly discovered my invert will shoot upside down.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM #4
Japy
Paragon 2014

Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Halos, Rotors, Prophecies are all forcefeed. Dunno about Pinokios but I think they are too. The viewloader stuff past Egg's I have no knowledge of, as I stopped playing before that stuff came out..

I do know that an Egg is not a forcefed loader, neither is a revy, but a revy will definitely not keep up with a fast gun. The egg can but they are fugly.

That halo will likely work fine. If anything try and get a soft face bolt and don't worry about ball stack clipping. Don't expect to shoot crazy fast ropes of Evil without one, but you should be fine as is.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 PM #5
Reklats

I revived my (2000?) LCD recently too, after closer to 10 years in various closets. The battery would appear to charge but it didn't last. I did the cr123 battery mod that you can find here and at angelowners and I've put 3 cases through it since with no battery issues.

Everyone will tell you to get a soft face bolt, but it's just to taunt you because they're not actually available anywhere. I've been checking ebay for two months.

This is my LPR removal tool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

If you don't have Amazon prime you can PM me your address and I'll mail you a few, since I now have 99 extra.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:09 PM #6
backblock

Ha thanks for the offer! Between working on real foriegn cars, RC cars and paintball stuff I have a crapton of metric hardware laying around. Im sure I have something that will work. I thought about just hardwiring 6v worth of batts in there if mine doesnt take a charge. Either 2 cr123s in series or whatever oddball sized cell I can find at radio shack that will fit in the tube.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:40 PM #7
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends IX
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
its actually 5 2/3As (get the 1100mah or 1500 mah)

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote