PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM #1
TheCosmikShame
The Pump Ambassador.

TheCosmikShame is playing at Living Legends VII
Superbolt milling spec. problems?

Hey guys, decided to get back in the game late last year and started building another pump, bought a new superbolt and threw on a bunch of ccm goodies.. I just got my 45 slim frame and when I put it on, the gun wouldn't cock or fire once cocked. aired up or dry. I went to the local shop to see if I could get a quick diagnoses because I forgot the majority of what I knew after I stopped playing back in 08. The tech told me that they had 2 major problems with the superbolts, 1: the pneumatics ofcourse, and 2: he said that some of them had the bottom of the body (where the grip frame bolts to the body itself) milled down too much, and being out of spec caused problems for most aftermarket frames. back when I built my first superbolt I had never heard of this problem, just wondering if anyone else has. thanks

edit: some extra information.. We put 2 very very small washers on the bolts between the frame and body (so theres actually a tiny gap) and it is shooting now.

- PITTSBURGH PENGUINS -

CustomCockers.com - My true home.
TheCosmikShame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 PM #2
R3L
CCM is not a verb

Did you try adjusting the hammer lug?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 PM #3
TheCosmikShame
The Pump Ambassador.

TheCosmikShame is playing at Living Legends VII
yes he tried adjusting everything with me right in front of him, only thing that worked was putting washers between the frame and body. the ccm frame was used, could there be anything wrong with the frame making this happen?

- PITTSBURGH PENGUINS -

CustomCockers.com - My true home.
TheCosmikShame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 PM #4
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
Take out the washers and use only the front trigger frame screw. If the gun cocks then the rear screw is too long preventing the hammer from cocking back

EvilAuthorityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I've dealt with a couple Superbolts but I've never heard of the particular problem you're describing. As R3L said, this immediately sounds like something that can be cured by adjusting the hammer lug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAuthorityX View Post
Take out the washers and use only the front trigger frame screw. If the gun cocks then the rear screw is too long preventing the hammer from cocking back
Or at least try removing the velocity adjuster and cocking rod and looking down the rear of the lower tube and see if any of the grip frame screw is protruding into the gun.

Also, is there anything wrong with the frame? Everything inside assembled correctly and no internals sticking up past the upper edge that could catch and bind?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote