Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 AM #1
CanadianPber

Best upgrades?

Heey i just got my very first paintball gun. It is an SP 1 and ye its got no upgrades so far. Can you guys tell me any decent upgrades for it.
[IMG[/IMG]
CanadianPber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2012, 01:24 PM #2
pyrogod
Team Walkons

It all depends on how much you want to spend. As you say this is your first marker, I would assume you are new to the sport of paintball. The very first recomendation I would have is save your money to purchase a quality mask. Not sure what may have already but if you cant see to play it doesnt matter what upgrades your marker has.

Now again, assuming your new to the sport, the only upgrades to your marker I would recomend at this point is an electronic hopper, possibly an aftermarket barrel. Other than that, save your money for paint and go play.

Give yourself time to get a feel for the marker, some upgrades that are out there may not be for you.

On my G1 I personally have:

Blackheart board with QEV
TechT L7 bolt
Trinity clamping feed neck
CP on/off ASA w/ CP rail converted to Macroline
14" AA freak barrel

Last edited by pyrogod : 03-12-2012 at 01:28 PM.
pyrogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 AM #3
CanadianPber

This is my first gun. How much was your barrel and how much and what is a decent electric hopper.
CanadianPber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:10 AM #4
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
My personal opinion.

Barrel: Just send in the stock barrel and have it bored for Freak inserts. Saves money and cheaper in the long run. Many people offer this service.

You are looking at the stock board shooting about 15 BPS which is fine. I use a hopper made by Tippmann. Works fine enough for the BPS this gun shoots.

Other upgrades I would recommend.

By an extra Solenoid. These are the worst solenoids ever made. Always have a back up. Find cheap stock boards that work and buy them up. Never know when your board will go bad.

Get to know your gun first and how it shoots. Learn how to service it and adjust everything. Most important thing:

READ YOU OWNERS MANUAL

There is alot of info in there Hope this helps.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain : 03-19-2012 at 03:58 AM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 PM #5
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPber View Post
Heey i just got my very first paintball gun. It is an SP 1 and ye its got no upgrades so far. Can you guys tell me any decent upgrades for it.
Judging by your hand your a female ? (Long thin fingers and manicured nails )

How often do you play ? Do you play at the same field all the time ? Do you use the same paint all the time (field paint) ?

I agree with Blackrain, I would get your safety gear first, then a decent harness/vest to carry your paint in. NXE makes a great inexpensive harness.

NXE Black Harness

NXE Digital camo Harness

As for masks, I recommend a JT Pro shield/Pro flex/Flex 8/full coverage;

JT Mask selection

As far as upgrades for your SP-1

You can go with Blackrains suggestion for a loader;

Tippmann SSL 200 - my best friend uses this loader and loves it

or the one I prefer is an older ViewLoader Revolution XBoard -:

12v Revolution

I have the stock G-1 board in my SP-1 and it only shoots 11 bps max, so this is a cheaper alternative and feeds 12-13 bps, more then enough to keep up with your paint needs.

I also recommend a hpa Tank, even though it will run fine on c02, in those cold Canadian winters HPA is far superior to c02.

As for a barrel, I recommend the Freak Jr kit - 99.95 comes with 3 inserts, and if you call GoG Paintball, they will actually sell you a Freak Jr kit with your choice of insert sizes. Make sure you get Ion/Impulse threads !!! Also, I dont recommend having your stock barrel freaked, this limits you on options down the road. Say you want an APEX barrel or a longer barrel, the Freak Jr allows you to just buy a tip vs buying an entire barrel thus saving you money down the road.

Freak Jr kit - buy it from GoG paintball _ suggest calling them first.

If you just want a single bore barrel I recommend a CP Classic or Tactical, .685 bore, 14" length.

CP Classic

CP Tactical

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 03-15-2012 at 07:39 PM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:29 AM #6
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post

I have the stock G-1 board in my SP-1 and it only shoots 11 bps max, so this is a cheaper alternative and feeds 12-13 bps, more then enough to keep up with your paint needs.
like he says about the board.. keep it stock,maybe get it reflashed by gog if you feel the need .

I dont understand upgrading the board very much.. sure ya get a few more modes and slightly fast rof but even with the stock sp1 board you can get a pretty good rof down by putting the marker into 3 round burst and pulling the trigger as if in single shot mode.. you can easily outshoot the "full auto" mode of the marker which is 12bps

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 PM #7
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
like he says about the board.. keep it stock,maybe get it re-flashed by gog if you feel the need .

I don't understand upgrading the board very much.. sure ya get a few more modes and slightly fast rof but even with the stock sp1 board you can get a pretty good rof down by putting the marker into 3 round burst and pulling the trigger as if in single shot mode.. you can easily out-shoot the "full auto" mode of the marker which is 12bps
I agree about being able to out shoot a stock board, the only reason I upgraded is due to the PSP 10 mode, it just allows you more control over shooting easy to shooting heavy, If you have never seen PSP mode, it basically starts in semi auto, once you reach about 4-5bps, it goes into 3rd burst. Once you left off the trigger it drops back into semi auto. I love this since I do scenario and woodsball it allows you to shoot one or two balls or drop the hammer when need be. Plus a new board at 20.00 isn't going to break the bank.

BTW Nox, the stock rof for an SP-1 is 11 bps semi, 10 bps in modes. Same with the stock G-1 board.

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 03-18-2012 at 12:19 PM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 AM #8
RunGodRun

I have an Empire Halo Too loader on my sp-1 in place of the standard gavity fed hopper. It's always worked great. Got it on sale for just under $50cnd. I think they usually run around $70 or so.
RunGodRun is offline   Reply With Quote