PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-23-2003, 11:44 PM #1
Paintballin Pimp

has been a member for 10 years
Xonix Frame My Review

Well I got my System X Xonix Frame today. Upon reciving it i opened the box and went straight for the instructions which is usually a cd from system x but there was none so i got the frame out and its not plastic. Its aluminum. Its built very nicley and looks great. It also came with a delrin bolt and new hammer which was nice since they are cheaper than the eblade and come with all that stuff. Well since i didnt have my instructions it took a while to figure out what everything was and were it went. Then we called system x and they appologized for the instructions and told us were to get them online. It also didnt come with new screws for the frame which was a big pain in the *** but since i own a paintball field i had plenty of screws that worked with it so it wasnt that big of a deal to me. It came with a 9vt batt which was really nice. It also comes with FULLY AUTO up to 14 bps which is nice if you ever play with fully auto or if you just wanna scare some newbies (but i wouldnt ever do that).It has so many diff settings and stuff like a shot counter and game timer and all. Well i got everything installed but the eye cuz i havent had time yet and tested it and boy is it fast. I love it. Its very comfortable to hold. No troubles yet and i have about 10000 clicks on it from just tonight. The eye cover is nice looking and should be pretty easy to install. I havent shot a E-blade,worrblade or Race frame but this frame is pretty nice and i would recommend it to anyone. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post em up.

My Paintball Field

2004 Vision Shocker Blue
Blue Halo B w/ RIP Drive
68/45 System X Tank w/ Blue Tank Cover
All American Barrel
Vert. Maxflow Reg.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2003, 02:59 AM #2
Snapps

Nice review

Have you noticed any kind of trigger slack or sloppiness? I've heard of other owners complaining about it...jw...
Old 12-24-2003, 03:18 AM #3
superbalde
Cookie Cookie?

superbalde is a Supporting Member
How much was it?
pbreview
eBay (+137)
Old 12-24-2003, 04:37 AM #4
painteater4256

it sucks.....just a replica of the eblade/worrblade and my friend had (keyword had) a xonix and it just didnt work at all it messed up a lot.....so i sold him my old eblade (black one) and he loved it.....no messed up things on it at all.....moral of story xonix is a replica.

VIVA LA SMALL TALK!

Future Idaho Vandal
Old 12-24-2003, 12:35 PM #5
Drizzo
~Whos Ya Pusha~

It seems as if that frame gets bad reviews , but i have never actaully shot one so i cant give my personal .02 except that if it works for you , thats all that counts. Try shooting a Race , Worr , or E blade and see if your opinion of your frame changes . If it doesnt you just saved yourself some cash. The only drawback i see on my eblade is the battery life sucks and i wish they would have had a rechargable unit , considering like a 60 dollar spyder electro grip comes with one .
Old 12-24-2003, 07:50 PM #6
Paintballin Pimp

Snapps= No the trigger isnt very sloppy i looked at it today and it really isnt sloppy at all. Just a very slite side to side movement but not enough to really even feel.

Superbalde= Well im a dealer plus a sponsored team so we got them for cheap well under $300. But i won't name an exact price.

Painteater= I havent had any troubles with it yet and i have used it alot in the past couple of days with no trouble what so ever.

Drizzo= Yea it needs a rechargable unit deffinatly. The rayovac (cheap) battery it came with gave me right at 10000 shots but i had it on alot longer than that setting it up. I put a 9.6v rechargable battery and i have about 5000 shots on it and the battery is still full.

My Paintball Field

2004 Vision Shocker Blue
Blue Halo B w/ RIP Drive
All American Barrel
Vert. Maxflow Reg.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:54 PM #7
stealth91

10000 clicks is very different from 10000 shots. when you click it, it only activates the sear tripper in the trigger frame but not the solenoid that activates the bolt. when applied with air it wastes much more energy from having to cycle the solenoid which acts as the 3 way and activates the bolt. personal experience from my eblade. like im like wow, 4400 clicks (in my head thinking in game shots), still at almost full. then i go, put a new battery in at the field, battery's flat at about 2000-3000 from shots, being on between games, changing settings, and however high you have the brightness.

my .02 of a dollar
Old 12-24-2003, 10:12 PM #8
rotaryknight
aka Leatherpants

stealth91-

I use the Java 9.6v in two of my E Orracles. I play back and have never had to change a battery during play. I can easily go through my day and have alot of charge left. I go through about 3 cases easily. Batteries have never been an issue for my marker.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:34 PM #9
Paintballin Pimp

yea the Java 9.6 is what im using now and in every gun and hopper i have tried it in it last a really long time.

My Paintball Field

2004 Vision Shocker Blue
Blue Halo B w/ RIP Drive
All American Barrel
Vert. Maxflow Reg.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:12 PM #10
Drizzo
~Whos Ya Pusha~

for a while i thought that it was my grip shorting out on something , but after talking to numerous people that had eblades they were saying the same thing ...... The thing with the eblade is that without haveing a full charge it doesnt work to the potential ...... so you end up spending so much money on batterys unless you have a recharge unit
Old 12-25-2003, 09:50 AM #11
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by stealth91
10000 clicks is very different from 10000 shots. when you click it, it only activates the sear tripper in the trigger frame but not the solenoid that activates the bolt. when applied with air it wastes much more energy from having to cycle the solenoid which acts as the 3 way and activates the bolt. personal experience from my eblade. like im like wow, 4400 clicks (in my head thinking in game shots), still at almost full. then i go, put a new battery in at the field, battery's flat at about 2000-3000 from shots, being on between games, changing settings, and however high you have the brightness.

my .02 of a dollar
Nonsense. It activates both solenoids with each click, you just can't "tell" that the front noid has fired since there's no air in it. It takes no more or less energy to make it "click" than to actually fire the gun when it's aired up - the frame doesn't have a pressure sensor, so it doesn't know if the gun is aired up, and so when you turn it on it goes through the complete firing sequence whether the gun is aired/loaded or not.

CQ
Old 12-25-2003, 05:15 PM #12
Drizzo
~Whos Ya Pusha~

I believe on my eblade , the battery is worn out quicker when the air is on compared to when im shooting it with no air ...........a variable could be that it is left on during the game with the air , compared to me just turing the gun on really quick to ripp a couple shots then turning it off, when im tryin to get the trigger motion down .............i def need the javas...
Old 12-25-2003, 05:30 PM #13
moochems
Super Constipated

the cocking noid has to work against the air pressure in the noid...how much/little it affects batterey life idk tho...

cq knows his ****, but i do think that working against the air pressure in the noid will drain batt life a lil faster
Old 12-25-2003, 10:43 PM #14
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
moochems - If the noids were direct acting, like MAC valves on my sandridge, you'd be more right. However, the Race.Eblade noids are piloted and thus the coil itself and the air passages around it are very small, so it won't make much difference.

Drizzo - you're very right. Have Blue once did the calculations, and the idle time between shots actually eats significantly more battery time than the actual shots do over the course of the battery's life!

CQ
Old 12-27-2003, 06:21 AM #15
EvilEmil
Bounce like hell!

I owned a xonix, and it was crappy as hell!
I never got a bolt and a hammer with mine!
The quality was not as I had expected.

I returned it to the store and bought myself an eblade!
It rocks! I can feel the quality-difference for sure!
The xonix is slow as well=p

/E

Bounce