Old 03-14-2012, 04:26 PM #22
mercedes0001

Annual Supporting Member
mercedes0001 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
Lol @ running on the field with a rule book because a staff member was coaching.

I guess if you can't beat 'em with your guns alone you've got to do anything else you can.
No....it had nothing to do with trying to win a point. It had more to do that some of us follow the rulebook and some don't. If PSP wants to change the rule that a staff member can be both places, then sign me up.

This had nothing to do with the players. They don't even know about it. Just someone tell me what rules we have to follow and what we don't. I have never been to the pit because the rule says you can't.

Last edited by mercedes0001 : 03-15-2012 at 03:40 PM.
mercedes0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2012, 04:27 PM #23
mercedes0001

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Lol @ running on the field with a rule book because a staff member was coaching.

I guess if you can't beat 'em with your guns alone you've got to do anything else you can.
But letting a major vanish is okay right?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:39 PM #24
Chief Sneekyfoot
The Osiris of this ****

has been a member for 10 years
Chief Sneekyfoot plays in the PSP
Chief Sneekyfoot supports Team VICIOUS
Chief Sneekyfoot is an NCPA player
MLB umpires carry MLB rulebooks with them during the game. Might not be a bad idea to follow.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:18 PM #25
89raider
all gas no brakes

89raider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
89raider supports Team VICIOUS
89raider plays in the APPA beginner division
89raider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Sneekyfoot View Post
MLB umpires carry MLB rulebooks with them during the game. Might not be a bad idea to follow.

agreed.... i mean its paintball cant be that much bigger than baseballs, and i know its shorter than footballs
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 PM #26
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes0001 View Post
No....it had nothing to do with trying to win a point. It had more to do that some of us follow the rulebook and some don't. If PSP wants to change the rule that a staff member can be both places, then sign me up.

This had nothing to do with the players. They don't even know aout it. Just someone tell me what rules we have to follow and what we don't. I have never been to the pit because the rule says you can't.

I hope "being right" was worth looking petty at a national tournament.

Reminds me of the crazy team moms at little league games that scream at the refs to penalize the opposing team because of an untucked jersey.

Rules are rules, but you still look ridiculous.

Quote:
But letting a major vanish is okay right?
You seem to be confusing me with the PSP referee that made that decision. I didn't throw or remove any penalties, so arguing with me on that makes as much sense as arguing with your doctor about your car insurance.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:47 AM #27
dallas.balla
Freedom

Annual Supporting Member
dallas.balla is a Paintball photographer
dallas.balla plays in the PSP
dallas.balla is an NCPA player
Quote:
I hope "being right" was worth looking petty at a national tournament.

Reminds me of the crazy team moms at little league games that scream at the refs to penalize the opposing team because of an untucked jersey.

Rules are rules, but you still look ridiculous.
this.
dallas.balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 AM #28
mercedes0001

Annual Supporting Member
Really don't care anymore. On a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 0. The reason professional sports have a rulebook and follow said rulebook is what helps make them a legitimate sport. I understand now. Rules are followed on all other fields but they don't apply to the pro field.

This is why paintball is a hobby.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:22 AM #29
boy from florida
FIVEHUNDREDSIXTYONE

Annual Supporting Member
boy from florida plays in the PSP
boy from florida supports Team VICIOUS
boy from florida plays in the APPA D3 division
mamak gives NO ****s
boy from florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:40 AM #30
thefknBlue
Georgia

thefknBlue plays in the PSP
thefknBlue owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thefknBlue supports Team VICIOUS
thefknBlue is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas.balla View Post
this.
What you both are saying is like saying that a team in the Superbowl could randomly decide to put 12 players on the field and it would be okay.. Do you truly understand how retarded every sport would be if the rules were not followed?
thefknBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:54 PM #31
nichonitro
Mangiore Photography

Annual Supporting Member
nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Really don't care anymore. On a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 0. The reason professional sports have a rulebook and follow said rulebook is what helps make them a legitimate sport. I understand now. Rules are followed on all other fields but they don't apply to the pro field.

This is why paintball is a hobby.
If you knew anything about the history of said "rule" you would know why the rule was made. Its is equivalent to anything you will see on http://www.dumblaws.com

Rules like that one were put in place to stop a group or groups from cheating by exploiting a loop-hole. Helping pod and clean up and then going to sideline coach is being a good helper. I think 99% of the teams do it.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM #32
mercedes0001

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichonitro View Post
If you knew anything about the history of said "rule" you would know why the rule was made. Its is equivalent to anything you will see on http://www.dumblaws.com

Rules like that one were put in place to stop a group or groups from cheating by exploiting a loop-hole. Helping pod and clean up and then going to sideline coach is being a good helper. I think 99% of the teams do it.
If a coach goes from the sidelines to the pit while the game is in play, it has nothing to do with helping clean up.

NO, 99% of the teams do not do it. Why? Because they know the rule. I've seen penalties given for breaking this rule since D3.

What other dumb rules does the PSP have in their rule book?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:13 PM #33
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

Annual Supporting Member
jmorisaki is BST Legit
jmorisaki donated to help Peyton Trent
jmorisaki supports Team VICIOUS
jmorisaki is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
jmorisaki is Immortal
Cleaned up a bit. I'd like to suggest that you keep the name calling or insulting comments to yourself. A rule was broken. They were called on it.

Regardless if you agree or not the rule was broken.
jmorisaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:17 AM #34
R0bby

Quote:
If a coach goes from the sidelines to the pit while the game is in play, it has nothing to do with helping clean up.

I've seen penalties given for breaking this rule since D3.

What other dumb rules does the PSP have in their rule book?

What advantage could the "traveling coach" really even get? I think for a coach to actually physically make the journey from sidelines to pit the game would be half over.The analogy of the soccer mom's and the tucked in jersey was spot on. I think the point sambrown was making is that to the outside viewe vicious looks like they lost and tried to not loose by finding a really lame rule in the rulebook that isn't even fully followed.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:15 PM #35
mercedes0001

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bby View Post
What advantage could the "traveling coach" really even get? I think for a coach to actually physically make the journey from sidelines to pit the game would be half over.The analogy of the soccer mom's and the tucked in jersey was spot on. I think the point sambrown was making is that to the outside viewe vicious looks like they lost and tried to not loose by finding a really lame rule in the rulebook that isn't even fully followed.
The problem is your last sentence. It may be a lame rule, but our team follows it. Get rid of the rule and we will be in our pit and on the sideline. You are all hell bent on this but nobody wants to discuss how a major on Damage vanished from the board. I guess that was just lame too.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 PM #36
iRoNiQ

Quote:
The problem is your last sentence. It may be a lame rule, but our team follows it. Get rid of the rule and we will be in our pit and on the sideline. You are all hell bent on this but nobody wants to discuss how a major on Damage vanished from the board. I guess that was just lame too.
What you are missing here is that most everyone acknowledges the fact that there was a "stupid rule" which was broken by Damage. What they are saying is not that Damage was not in the wrong but instead the entire episode was a sad attempt by Vicious to gain as much of a competitive advantage as they could against a superior opponent. Which, as it appears at face value, is a valid claim.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:10 PM #37
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
What you are missing here is that most everyone acknowledges the fact that there was a "stupid rule" which was broken by Damage. What they are saying is not that Damage was not in the wrong but instead the entire episode was a sad attempt by Vicious to gain as much of a competitive advantage as they could against a superior opponent. Which, as it appears at face value, is a valid claim.
Gain a competitive advantage by insisting that their opponent abide by the same rule that they must? Rethink that statement please.

I understand how it looks when a team wins a point/match in paintball because of a gun penalty, cursing, dead player talking etc. But at the Pro level especially, it can be a decisive advantage to not be held accountable for a rule while the other team is following it.

How could this specific rule be an advantage? Off the top of my head, the coach who has heard everything that the other team's coaches have been talking/observing/strategizing about on the sideline, could easily go into the pits and relay that information to the team away from the earshot of their opponents, also giving them more time to plan how they will react to the info. There is quite a bit of useful info teams could utilize from what is said and seen from the sideline.

But even leaving that aside, I imagine that some thought went into why that rule exists to begin with. And if one team is following it and another is not, there is room left for competitive advantages to be found. At the pro level, I don't see it very difficult for teams to think of creative ways to cheat the system.

I wasn't there, so I am only going off of what I have read about it. A rule was broken, consequences resulted. Same thing happens all the time when teams are caught using banned paint, a live player touches another live player after everyone else is already dead, a dead player makes a comment after the other team is already shot out, etc. Follow the rules, nothing to worry about. Don't like the rule, lobby to change it.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:42 PM #38
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBROWN View Post

I have also been straight up with vicious, never done any of them wrong, overshot or get into arguments with any of them, but i now have zero respect for them and cannot wait to see their name pop up on our schedule again.

daniel holliday
That's not very humble though.
FLY HIGH KREW
paintballguru92 is offline   Reply With Quote