Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
LEMUR condensed 3 day split

I don't post here much anymore but I wanted to leave this so people could find it, I cut out all the NBC stuff but this synergizes well with HIIT cardio or occlusion because it's easyish to recover from. Added some FST principles based on feedback from users (SPP12, Jewfro)

www.ogrestrength.com/simplelemur.doc

CALVES - Donkey calf raise machine, hold negative for 2 seconds to eliminate any bounce, roll all the way up onto the big toe, and then come down halfway and then all the way back up. These 1.5 reps really hit the diamond for a cut calf look.

SAMPLE TEMPLATE

Use 1 rep max calculator to dial in weights. http://www.nsca-lift.org/fly%20solo%...ram/onearm.asp

Rotate your 2 favorite exercises per bodypart slot for the heavy exercise. Definitely use at least 1 incline variant for chest, and incline is what creates the aesthetic "shelf look" (I wish I knew this when I started lifting)

DAY A

CHEST - (Preactivate BB Bench) Bench (decline BB or flat BB unless upper chest is lagging), incline cable crossovers for burn)
SHOULDERS (Preactivate with push press, or skip) press variations, db lat raises,vertical row, or lat raise machine for burn)
TRICEPS (Preactivate with loaded dips, or skip) Presses or pulls, looking for max tension, skull crusher variants for burn
ABS - barbell rollouts with 135, 3 sets to failure. Remeber that the physiological purpose of abs is to retract the hips while doing these, and keep the arms straight

DAY B (Mech)

QUADS - Squat variants. Probably do want back squats here, but placed chronologically BEFORE hams that training day. Should be back squatting 50+% of leg days. Hack squats work too. The stretched position is key for heavy quad exercises. For the burn sets, somersault squats, walking lunges, and extremely high (30+) rep leg extensions are a good call.
HAMSTRINGS - Preactivate on target exercise. Barbell hip thrust /SLDL/good mornings for one choice, ham curl/GHR variant as the other. Burnout with ham curls/GHR machine, or light 1 arm sldl
TRAPS - I would add shrugs on this day, just doing them all on 1 bar or smith machine or hammer strength machine. No Preactivation needed, traps are brutal to begin with so i recommend heavy power oriented shrugs, or even hang cleans. 3 heavy sets to failure, with a mini set or 2 after the last set to burn them out totally works great. Getting a boost from the calves or legs to lock out heavy weights is recommended, and squeeze at the top as long as possible. if not using a barbell in front, be careful not to hyperextend the hips forward.
ABS - Hanging leg raise, 10lb db between legs, legs above parallel, 3 sets to failure (best lower ab exercise)

DAY C (Mech)
BACK WIDTH (Preactivate with target exercise) Chin/pullup/pulldown variations, bentover 1-arm motorcycle rows for burn
BACK CENTER (No preactivation) CG/DB/Tbar Row or deadlift variations for tension, strict CG cable rows for burn)
BICEPS - (Preactivate with loaded cg Chin/pullup) looser form curls for max power/tension, spider or preacher style strict curls for burn
FOREARMS - Don't bother preactivating, reverse curls to taste. Can do the burnout with wrist flips with dbs in hand
ABS- decline situps w/ db on chest for weight, 3 sets to failure

HOW TO DO IT

These are, roughly, traditional workouts. You will want to structure 3 OR 4 of these per week, with the idea being to hit muscle groups between 1.5 and 2 times per week.

FOR EACH BODY PART, the breakdown is as follows

1. Warm up as necessary, weights under 70% 1RM, avoid constant tension for >6 seconds with any weight above 35% of max.

2. Perform a single rep with 85-90% of your maximum with FAST bar speed. This activates as many muscle fibers as possible, an effect that lasts roughly 5 minutes. You absolutely cannot grind this rep out, and total time under tension including racking and unracking must be less than 6 seconds. The 6 second guideline is due to golgi tendon inhibition. You may do a double at 85% if you like, but the key is that you must max out your force production. Ideally, lifting a nice heavy load this early should leave you feeling like a beast, ready to do anything, and totally unfatigued (unlike a 1RM max effort)

3. WITHIN 2-3 MINUTES OF PREACTIVATING Perform roughly 6 reps with around your 6 rep max. The last rep should NOT be a grinder, though it should be difficult, you do not want to lose bar speed and have a tremendously long tension time. This is still a heavy set, and focus should really ideally be on nailing the form and getting maximum power development, especially at the stretch/turnaround point where the eccentric becomes concentric.

4. Wait 10-15 deep breaths, and drop the weight roughly 10%. If you think you can get more than 3 with the original weight, don't drop. Rep out this weight, still not approaching failure (each mini set should have a rep in the tank). Discontinue the set at the first sign of reps becoming "grindy".

5. Wait 10 seconds/breaths, and repeat step 4. Dropping perhaps another 5-10% of load is OK, but no more. Weights you could do for more than 12 reps are probably not going to produce sufficient load for the goal fiber damage here. You want around 25 TOTAL reps through 5 or 6 mini sets per body part performed in this fashion.

6. Once your mini sets of 3 reps have been completed, you can rest. I recommend hard stretching. The body part you've just used will no longer be used for maximum force activation, so neural inhibition at this point via stretching is ok.

7. Select a very high stretch/pump exercise, and do 5 sets of 12 reps, trying to keep the weight the same and driving to 12 each time. Your focus here should be on embracing the lactate burn and pushing through it. You must not bottom out or top out the movement, releasing tension from the muscle.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 AM #2
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Awesome, thanks big guy.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:52 AM #3
FHS JewFro
black AND white

"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:40 AM #4
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

but wut do i do to get da "v"
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:39 AM #5
CobraXX
Klasic

Repped
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:42 AM #6
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

I see nothing about developing dick v's. Therefore, this workout is ****.

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
BenderBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:26 PM #7
tanner202

sub'd for future bulks

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
tanner202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:13 PM #8
StrangeBalla55
bamcis

StrangeBalla55 donated to help Peyton Trent
StrangeBalla55 supports Sherwood Forest
gonna start running this if i ever make it back to the gym

SOG

DEEP SEA
StrangeBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 AM #9
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Oh hey this is exactly what I've been doing for the last 6 weeks

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 PM #10
CobraXX
Klasic

This is what I did when I was on lemur awhile ago. I was slacking on the back exercises so I decided to give them their own day. About to start it again today with the fst-7 for biceps,chest, and quads.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM #11
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Yes, this seems to be more sustainable, so I added abs for tha dick v. If you want to do more on off days or cardio or train like ya boy dake this makes it much easier IMO. I ran this cutting from 275 to 265 this summer without losing much if any strength
Old 03-25-2012, 12:56 PM #12
FHS JewFro
black AND white

switching to this for cutting

ima try to have a couple nbc-like days each week

only question, would you recommend cardio after the workout or on an off day?
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 03-26-2012, 11:21 AM #13
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

My current split is along the lines of:
A1
BB Bench
Cable crossovers
DB front raise
DB lat raise
Dips
Skull crushers in FST-7 fashion

B1
Squats
Sometimes jump work
Sometimes ab work
Sometimes cleans

C1
Wide pullups, weighted
Damico pulls
DB row
Close cable rows
DB incline curls
Preacher curls in FST-7 fashion

A2
DB Bench
wide wide bench
Shrugs
front raise, higher weight/lower reps than A1 day
Lurker press
tri extensions

B1

C2
Pretty much the same as C1, but with more focus on close pulls
also do DAmico pulls here

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:11 PM #14
FHS JewFro
black AND white

intredasting mine will be

Mech A1 (Tuesday)
CHEST - Flat BB Bench. Flat DB Bench, 3x12. Cable Crossovers, 3x12.
SHOULDERS – Smith Press. Face Pulls, 3x12. Lat Raise Machine, 3x12.
TRICEPS – Dips. Over Head Tricep Extension, 5x12
ABS -

Mech B1 (Thursday)
QUADS – Back Squats, 3x10. Leg Extensions, 5x12.
HAMS – Sumo Leg Press. Lying Leg Curls, 5x12.
TRAPS – BB Shrugs. DB Shrugs, 5x12.
CALVES – Standing Calf Raise, 3x10.

Mech C1 (Saturday)
BACK WIDTH – Lat Pulldowns. Straight Arm Pulldowns, 5x12.
BACK CENTER – Rack Pulls. CG Rows, 5x12.
BICEPS – Alt DB Curl. Same, 5x12.
FOREARMS – Small BB Reverse Curl. DC Cable curl, 5x12.
ABS -

Mech A2
CHEST – BB Incline Press. DB Incline, 3x12. Cable Flies, 3x12.
SHOULDERS – Smith Press. Reverse Cable Flies, 3x12. Front Raises, 3x12.
TRICEPS – Skullcrushers. Tricep Pressdown, 5x12.
ABS –

Mech B2
QUADS – Front Squats, 3x10. Somersault Squats, 3x12.
HAMS – Lying Leg Curl. Ham Curls, 4x12.
TRAPS – DB Shrugs. BB Shrugs, 5x12.
CALVES – Seated Calf Raise, 3x10.

Mech C2
BACK WIDTH – Chinups. Underhand rows, 5x12.
BACK CENTER – CG Rows. Back Extensions, 4x12
BICEPS – Incline Curl. DB Curl, 5x12.
FOREARMS – BB Wrist Curls. Hammer Curls, 5x12.
ABS –

i add the extra chest exercise because i have always have had issues isolating my chest well so thats there to make sure i get that nice chest activation. i add the extra shoulder exercise for similar reasons, but i like to make sure i hit at least 2/3 of the delt head really well each time as well, thus the rear delt work so often. and i also havent decided what im going to do with abs just yet

edit*

NBC Day 1 (Friday)
BW Squats
Pushups
Pullups
20 min cardio
mobility stuff

NBC Day 2 (Sunday)
Flat DB Press
DB Shoulder Press
DB Curls
20 min cardio
mobility stuff

also i dont think ill go with the days i have, would be working out thurs, fri, sat, and sun not sure if thats good with me lol

Last edited by FHS JewFro : 03-26-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:14 PM #15
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Would doing 3 on/1 off be unfeasible?

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:16 PM #16
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

I usually do 2 on 1 off

Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM #17
hsilman
Disgustipated

This is what I'm thinking for my cut. Any thoughts/critiques?

DAY A

CHEST – BB Bench / Incline BB Bench, cable crossover for burn
SHOULDERS – OHP / DB OHP, DB raise for burn
TRICEPS – Weighted Dips / Skullcrushers, cable extension for burn
ABS - barbell rollouts with 135, 3 sets to failure.

DAY B

QUADS – Back Squat / Front Squat, leg extension for burn
HAMSTRINGS – RDL / Hip Thrust, ham curl for burn
TRAPS – BB Shrugs
ABS - Hanging leg raise, 10lb db between legs, legs above parallel, 3 sets to failure (best lower ab exercise)

DAY C (Mech)
BACK WIDTH - Weighted Chins, Lat Pulldown
BACK CENTER – Deadlift Cluster / T-bar row
BICEPS – EZ-Bar Curl / DB Curl, preacher curl for burn
FOREARMS – Reverse Curls

One question is how to approach "pump" set for back width/center. I feel like days I do deadlift cluster I'll be totally spent afterwards, but days I do the rows I'm not sure what to do after. Just like a cable mid-row for high reps maybe?
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:29 PM #18
Smart Parts Player12

I don't really like deadlifts for a back width exercise. Really not much for lat thickness with that exercise. I'd sooner recommend heavy rows (db, bb, tbar) with cg cable rows for volume.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 PM #19
FHS JewFro
black AND white

back extensions are pretty good for getting the pump for back center too

also been throwing in cleans for traps, traps are already responding

and lastly try some dc cable curls for the forearm pump, i also like bb wrist curl really well too

Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 PM #20
hsilman
Disgustipated

thanks for the suggestions!

I like deadlifts, and really like the idea of clusters so I'll probably keep them even if they aren't the best exercise for the intended purpose.

The back extensions makes a lot of sense and I'll definitely rotate cleans and shrugs. I'll probably have the lower the weight a lot because my legs will be fried already. I'll see how it goes.
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 AM #21
FHS JewFro
black AND white

you could even do rack pulls instead of deadlift clusters on occasion

i love rack pulls <3