America **** Yeah!

BrandonMBW is BST Legit
BrandonMBW owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BrandonMBW is for the Gunfight
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Why so many NTs for sale?

I would read reviews on them, but alot of people post reviews of bull**** for PbNation Pursuit points so I no longer know what is legit and what isn't.

Why do I see so many NTs for sale? Are people purchasing them and realizing they aren't what they were expected to be? Is there a flaw of them? Whats the deal with this thing?

BrandonMBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM #2
Blusylver

Because it takes a little time and effort to keep the gun working perfectly. Most people I see bashing the NT are the same lazy tards that are to lazy to search for answers. If ur not a lazy Retarted then the gun is great.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 AM #3
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
^ I've had a few NTs. Some of them work well, some of them just don't.

I had a Zombie NT 10 that was always reliable and was never problematic except for breaking a ball once in a while. I had another NT 10 that broke a bit more paint than my Zombie, then finally I had an NT 11 that was pretty much a paint blender. I've had the NT11 serviced by DYE when I sent it in for waranty work (failed solenoid), and it came back still a paint blender.

From my personal technical evaluation between the NTs i've had, the tolerances of the parts from gun to gun varied greatly. This has a huge impact on how the gun would perform.
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM #4
DarkRipper
Elite

Annual Supporting Member
DarkRipper is a founding member
DarkRipper is BST Legit
DarkRipper donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkRipper owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DarkRipper is Boss
You can find just about every high end gun for sale by the armload on PBN's for sale forum... not just the NT.

NT has crap resale like all of Dye's guns plus it has a bad internet rap and not as many fanboys, especially now that most of the Dye sponsored teams dropped NT11s for DM12s.

There are bad apples out there, and good apples too. My NT11 has been exceedingly reliable. My DM6 has been as well.
old school PBC admin... keeping it real

Please read and rate my reviews! =) ---> Here!
DarkRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 AM #5
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
(background - huge dye matrix fanboy)

I pride myself on knowing the dm through and through, just look at the dm thread and you could probably see my posts or threads... anyways, i have not touched the NT. I have always been interested in shooting one but i guess the bad internet wrap has kept me away. I dont know jack about them but i am willing to learn and do the regular maintenance but my biggest fear is investing 600 on a nt10 or 700+ on a nt11 and getting one of those "bad apples"

i guess what i am asking is if the nt is really worth it or should i stick with the dm?

also a side question.
if i go with buying an NT, should i go with a nt11 or get a nt10 cheaper and upgrade the bolt etc.

Last edited by da oreo : 03-09-2012 at 04:49 AM.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 PM #6
mattneel07
spark it

mattneel07 plays in the APPA D4 division
Stick with the DM. I have both and prefer shooting the DM.
mattneel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 AM #7
MurderFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post
(background - huge dye matrix fanboy)

I pride myself on knowing the dm through and through, just look at the dm thread and you could probably see my posts or threads... anyways, i have not touched the NT. I have always been interested in shooting one but i guess the bad internet wrap has kept me away. I dont know jack about them but i am willing to learn and do the regular maintenance but my biggest fear is investing 600 on a nt10 or 700+ on a nt11 and getting one of those "bad apples"

i guess what i am asking is if the nt is really worth it or should i stick with the dm?

also a side question.
if i go with buying an NT, should i go with a nt11 or get a nt10 cheaper and upgrade the bolt etc.
Everybody is different, I love my DMs to death (have 5) but I prefer my NT10 on the field even if it's not as smooth as my DMs. I just love the ergonomics of it, it feels perfect in my hands.

As to getting a bad apple... Well it can be fixed. 2 friends got used NT11s and one was just not taken care of. With some love and attention it is now shooting wonderfully. It looked like it was well taken care of, not a scratch on it but it just didn't shoot good. After changing all the bolt o-rings, cleaning the hyper 3 reg, and a few minutes at the chrono it's back to shooting like an NT should.

NTs are truly simple. No LPR to tune and only a 2 way solenoid so very little maintenance on it. Ensure the spool bumpers are in good shape, make sure the eye pipe is in good condition and the eye rubber guide is set properly, give it all new o-rings, and a tune and I can't fathom any other real problems with an NT.

As to 10 vs 11, go with what you can afford. Only thing I changed on my bolt on my NT10 was the bolt tip. I drilled out a bolt tip to 0.33in to more match the green inserts on NT11s. I would have gone to 0.34in but couldn't find the red rubber tip to match so 0.33 matched the stock NT10 rubber tip and I went with that.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:38 AM #8
MurderFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattneel07 View Post
Stick with the DM. I have both and prefer shooting the DM.
I prefer shooting a DM... I prefer playing with an NT.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM #9
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderFX View Post
Everybody is different, I love my DMs to death (have 5) but I prefer my NT10 on the field even if it's not as smooth as my DMs. I just love the ergonomics of it, it feels perfect in my hands.

As to getting a bad apple... Well it can be fixed. 2 friends got used NT11s and one was just not taken care of. With some love and attention it is now shooting wonderfully. It looked like it was well taken care of, not a scratch on it but it just didn't shoot good. After changing all the bolt o-rings, cleaning the hyper 3 reg, and a few minutes at the chrono it's back to shooting like an NT should.

NTs are truly simple. No LPR to tune and only a 2 way solenoid so very little maintenance on it. Ensure the spool bumpers are in good shape, make sure the eye pipe is in good condition and the eye rubber guide is set properly, give it all new o-rings, and a tune and I can't fathom any other real problems with an NT.

As to 10 vs 11, go with what you can afford. Only thing I changed on my bolt on my NT10 was the bolt tip. I drilled out a bolt tip to 0.33in to more match the green inserts on NT11s. I would have gone to 0.34in but couldn't find the red rubber tip to match so 0.33 matched the stock NT10 rubber tip and I went with that.
thanks for the input

will a nt10 with nt11 bolt upgrades shoot just the same or will it still be not as smooth?
i can afford both but if i can shave a few hundred off, why not? so that's why im pondering the nt11 vs nt10.5 so to speak.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:01 AM #10
PBFR33K187
paint<3ball

PBFR33K187 plays in the APPA D4 division
PBFR33K187 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dam i was about to get me an nt11 now im kinda sketched out

Last edited by PBFR33K187 : 03-11-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: grammer
PBFR33K187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM #11
XxTAMEZxX

XxTAMEZxX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XxTAMEZxX supports Pev's Paintball
I was wondering why NT DON'T HOLD THERE VALUE an now I know why
XxTAMEZxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:49 PM #12
MurderFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post
thanks for the input

will a nt10 with nt11 bolt upgrades shoot just the same or will it still be not as smooth?
i can afford both but if i can shave a few hundred off, why not? so that's why im pondering the nt11 vs nt10.5 so to speak.
From what I've seen, a well tuned NT10 vs a well tuned NT10.5 vs a well tuned NT11 all shoot great so I can't really say. I can't say I've shot all 3 back to back to back, but I've shot all 3 and IMO they all shoot smooth and have amazing ergonomics.

I just ordered an NT11, when it gets here I'll get it tuned up and shoot my 10 vs 11 and see how much of a difference there is, and then I'll fashion up an NT10.5... At the end of the day though all NTs have the NT pop to it (just well tuned ones that NT pop isn't as pronounced), shoot smooth (not quiet as smooth as a DM, but close), have good efficiency, and have amazing ergonomics.

I ordered a Dyecam NT11 just because I love the looks of it - lol - and I like to collect markers I like. I'll probably play with my NT10 more just to avoid destroying the PGA on my NT11, but I will play with my 11.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM #13
Coach512
But its a dry heat

Coach512 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Coach512 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Coach512 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have 2 NT's and they both shoot ropes. But like someone on here said you have to actually take care of it.
Coach512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:46 AM #14
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
so dye isnt a sponsor of the nppl or atleast not on their sponsor page which makes me think they arent going to do a release for nppl. Will a new dye nt or high end market gun come out before cup?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 PM #15
q-blower
Watermelon Balla

q-blower has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think there were quite a few NT lemons produced.

I bought one and have not had a single issue, except for bolt stick on a sub zero morning I decided to play.

7 other guys a play with have them and have had all sorts of issues with the components.

I love mine to death, but i know they have a bad rep on line. I think its really a matter of acquiring an NT that isnt a lemon, then you'll be gold!

|Feedback: +42/-0|BST Legit|2 YEAR ASM|
q-blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 AM #16
BrandonMBW
America **** Yeah!

BrandonMBW is BST Legit
BrandonMBW owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BrandonMBW is for the Gunfight
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BrandonMBW has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Never knew Dye made anything lemon.

BrandonMBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM #17
Silent Fate
GAX

Silent Fate plays in the PSP
Silent Fate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Silent Fate plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by q-blower View Post
I think there were quite a few NT lemons produced.

I bought one and have not had a single issue, except for bolt stick on a sub zero morning I decided to play.

7 other guys a play with have them and have had all sorts of issues with the components.

I love mine to death, but i know they have a bad rep on line. I think its really a matter of acquiring an NT that isnt a lemon, then you'll be gold!
i agree with this guy mt nt11 shoots amazing but my friend got his and never worked right so i would say that there are lemons

Past and Present Guns
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4028933
Silent Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 PM #18
SoCal4lyfe619
Muppet Mower

SoCal4lyfe619 is playing at Living Legends VI
SoCal4lyfe619 supports Pev's Paintball
SoCal4lyfe619 supports DLX Technology
Dang I hope I don't get a lemon for my first NT!! but I take car of all my guns and clean each time after play so I hope it works out for me to be a good choice.

KCCO!
SoCal4lyfe619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 PM #19
pbplayer343

pbplayer343 is playing at Living Legends VII
pbplayer343 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbplayer343 supports DLX Technology
i really like nts too but dont buy the dyecam one its something with those 3 guys at my field have had dyecam nts and none of them shot anygood but another had a regular nt and it shot great.
pbplayer343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 PM #20
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbplayer343 View Post
i really like nts too but dont buy the dyecam one its something with those 3 guys at my field have had dyecam nts and none of them shot anygood but another had a regular nt and it shot great.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 AM #21
cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15 supports Team VICIOUS
cybermaniac15 supports Team VICIOUS
cybermaniac15 is for the Gunfight
cybermaniac15 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I love my nt, most people just don't know how to take care of them.
Kinda reminds me of bob long guns. Pressure is too high and it will kick like an ego, if it's too low, then it will chop like no tomorrow.
cybermaniac15 is offline   Reply With Quote