Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 AM #22
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The other thing to consider is that Planet are in the UK, while many of their customers are in the US. The markers may function perfectly well in the UK when tested, but then travel a long way, through varying conditions, to get to their new owners. One or two may arrive that are not 100% as they left the UK (grease having shifted to places it shouldn't, o-rings that might have been effected by any extreme temperature shifts, etc.), but it shouldn't be anything major - nothing that couldn't be fixed by a clean, re-grease and maybe changing some o-rings.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:08 AM #23
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMF View Post
I was looking at buying one but after hearing of all the out of the box problems maybe not now. I thought all guns were tested before they were shipped ??if so then why all the problems with new guns ??
It's a very good point. ALL our guns go through a very very rigorous set of tests. I mean, you would not believe what each Etha goes through before it gets packaged. I honestly, hand on heart, do not believe that there is a single gun manufacturer out there that tests their guns even half as well as we do.

But, just like in every manufacturing environment, you get what is classed as "infant mortality". You see it with electrical components, coating processes, in plastics and rubbers, and even in metal parts. These are failures that even after stringent testing appear in components and systems. It is a tiny percentage of the overall run of production parts, but they exist and there is little you can do to prevent them. In fact, the only way to prevent them is to test every part you manufacture to destruction..... If we did that...... well I'm sure you can work out where we be....
Of course the more testing you do, and the longer you test for, the fewer occurrences of infant mortality you get in parts when they reach the customer. But there is always the financial implications of testing v shipping product. The more you test, the fewer failures in the field you get, but the more it costs to manufacture and therefore the more it costs to sell.
Like I said, I honestly believe that the test procedure and QC systems that we use and implement on each and every one of our guns is as good a compromise as is possible.

And like was mentioned above, I think what is equally important to us and our customers is how myself and PE handle those very rare cases of failure such as we have here. We are fully committed to making sure that our products are being played with and enjoyed by as many players as possible, and we will do everything within our power to make sure that our customers have their equipment up and running and out there playing. Where they were designed to be.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:24 AM #24
GMF

Jack i totally understand your point on the matter somewhere some place someone is going to get a bad one out of the box , and as said before you going to only hear about the bad one that someone received never the other 200 or 2,000 good ones.Just seem to be more out of the box problems than i would be looking for due to the amount of testing that's said to be done, not saying such testing isn't done. i should know i been having major problems with my G4 that were not out of the box problems, that's why i am looking to get a new gun i am tired of breaking paint and spending my whole day cleaning my gun ,only to test fire seems to be working fine then hit the field and have paint breaking in my breach and or barrel or both.I spend my whole day last Saturday doing this at a all day game, yes some had some paint breaks which one will expect to have happen sometimes but not all day long like i had.I enjoyed spending115.00 for the day and only play for a hour or less the whole day due to gun problems. I am not trying to bash DP at all either just to make things clear, i don't think it's any fault of theirs in how the gun was made guess i got the bad one from DP, or it just hates cold weather between 30 and 47.in warmer weather it seems fine which i am going to test this weekend being it's going to be about 65 to 70.MY rant is over now.

Last edited by GMF : 03-15-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM #25
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Some days you just have days like that, where nothing seems to go right.

A lot of problems that you see like yours often come down to a loader issue or simply that the paint is no good.

The MAJORITY of players that I see in the situation you describe will go straight to blaming the gun. After all, the paint is broken inside the gun, right? In reality those issues can often be resolved by paint management, loader settings or loader rebuild, or just swapping out the paint altogether.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 AM #26
GMF

i understand what your saying but when you have to use field paint your at the mercy of the place your playing at for quality of paint.But when most others arn't breaking paint or only had a few barrel break and your spending your day cleaning your gun while all the others are out on the field it kinda leaves one to think it's your gun. in my case i have done everything others have said to try with nothing seeming working well at all . i do expect that the gun will work fine in warmer weather like i said before.As of now i am trying to get all my settings back to stock and go from that point forward. but i am still looking at getting a new gun anyhow and did have my eye on a
Etha is on my list to think about i don't think it's right for me to say what others guns i am looking at while i am in your section on the board.

Last edited by GMF : 03-15-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM #27
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

MSpeedFreak03 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MSpeedFreak03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
You are right in thinking that it should seal when just in hand tight.

On the valve body there are 3 x #20 o-rings sat in grooves. Try replacing all of these with the o-rings that came in the parts bag. This is just to confirm 100% that they have the right size seals on there and that they are fresh, untwisted, and undamaged.

If there is still a leak then, PM me your address and we'll make sure that everything is taken care of for you.

Please let me apologize for the issues you've had. It really isn't representative of the large amount of these guns that have been sold and being used on a regular basis.

Jack
ok jack, im out of #20 Orings and i only had 1 left so i replaced the one farthest back on the back bolt assembly and it did the trick for now, thanks for your help now my etha was test shot and shoots like a dream again. thanks for the input guys i will leak test and shoot it later on today just to be sure all the problems are fixed ( i like to double test my fixes just to make sure it good )!

[OLD MARKERS]PE Etha (leak central), PE Etek 3am (triplefeed champion), 2007 PMR, Azodin blitz

PE = CUSTOMER SERVICE (GOOD THEY NEED IT)!!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 PM #28
codythinman

codythinman donated to help Peyton Trent
codythinman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
codythinman supports Bob Gurnsey
codythinman supports our troops
PE on top o'thangs.

"Yet it brings back repressed memories of my institutionalized fondness of the archaic, yet hyper-organized paradox that is my beautiful US Navy. The duality of the state of my mind manifests itself in a cringing smile. It is the purveyance of confusion on how being micro-managed can have no real discernible goal or direction. Yet we as the body of the US Navy somehow, someway achieve perfection out of an utter circus that exist at every command, never really realizing or pinpointing how this perfection could have ever been achieved. HOO YAH! US Navy!"
Old 03-16-2012, 04:17 AM #29
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpeedFreak03 View Post
ok jack, im out of #20 Orings and i only had 1 left so i replaced the one farthest back on the back bolt assembly and it did the trick for now, thanks for your help now my etha was test shot and shoots like a dream again. thanks for the input guys i will leak test and shoot it later on today just to be sure all the problems are fixed ( i like to double test my fixes just to make sure it good )!
Glad to hear that it's fixed the leak. If you're out of #20 o-rings, drop me an email at: nick.t@planeteclipse.com with all of your details and proof of warranty registration, and i'll gladly send you out some extra spares

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Old 03-16-2012, 05:21 AM #30
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky beat me to it. I was going to say just PM me your address and gun details and I'll get you some out in the mail.
Let us know if you need anything else.
Jack
Old 03-16-2012, 12:45 PM #31
Capitan182
Proshop Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
Capitan182 plays in the PSP
Capitan182 helped look for balloons
Capitan182 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Capitan182 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Capitan182 posts videos on PbNation
Capitan182 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMF View Post
I was looking at buying one but after hearing of all the out of the box problems maybe not now. I thought all guns were tested before they were shipped ??if so then why all the problems with new guns ??
We have been using 15 Ethas for Rental markers @ my paintball park for about 4 weeks now with no problem.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:08 PM #32
Chuwbi
1 L()V3 P8n7|34ll

Chuwbi plays in the APPA D4 division
planet eclipse etha

Helo Mr. Jack wood, ive been having some problems with my PE etha. The marker keeps leaking from the back of the bolt even after I replaced all the 3 20 Orings on the back of the bolt.

the video only works if you have the link, it cannot be searched on youtube.
here is the video:

I would like to congratulate you and the rest of the Planet Eclipse team for developing the etha its an amazing marker for the price,the components that make the marker, Solenoid, BB eyes, Regulator, Barrel Anodizing,Ergonomics, Trigger, on/off. are all features that you find on 1000 dollar markers. But what makes the etha better to other markers in its own pice range is that the gun is designed to last for a longer than the other markers in its price range like minis, axe etc. I love what Planet Eclipse has developed

Keep up the good work, i will keep supporting PE markers.pm'd

Last edited by Chuwbi : 03-17-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:29 AM #33
boodahfinger

My friend had just gotten an Etha and the same thing happened to him as what was shown in Chuwbi's video. The sealing O-ring was the culprit after close examination. After replacing it the Etha will work fine. The week after he went to relube the bolt before playing and the same thing happen again. So after looking at the O-ring on the back it was damaged again. Replacing it resolved the issue until the next week it happened again. After closely looking at the whole assembly I noticed the threading was actually cutting the O-ring and so currently he has it sent to PE to see if they can fix it. Fortunately for him I have my ever so reliable Etek3 for him to borrow.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:59 PM #34
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

well its leaking again, i played 10 or 12 games and half case of paint and i lost anywere from 800 to 1000psi on a pod of paint. it would stop sometimes until i fired it again

i replaced the Orings on the bolt valve body with the #20x2 that jack just mailed me and its still leaking... jack or nick any other ideas? ( THIS IS THE LEAK OUT OF THE BOLT CAP THREADS)

also another thing i have noticed is my barrels and tips are comming loose sometimes in game is that just from the vibration when shooting the marker?

[OLD MARKERS]PE Etha (leak central), PE Etek 3am (triplefeed champion), 2007 PMR, Azodin blitz

Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 AM #35
Phil00r

Phil00r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phil00r posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
... also another thing i have noticed is my barrels and tips are comming loose sometimes in game is that just from the vibration when shooting the marker?
Did you lube the o-rings on the barrel? This could lead to your prob.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 AM #36
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
well its leaking again, i played 10 or 12 games and half case of paint and i lost anywere from 800 to 1000psi on a pod of paint. it would stop sometimes until i fired it again

i replaced the Orings on the bolt valve body with the #20x2 that jack just mailed me and its still leaking... jack or nick any other ideas? ( THIS IS THE LEAK OUT OF THE BOLT CAP THREADS)

also another thing i have noticed is my barrels and tips are comming loose sometimes in game is that just from the vibration when shooting the marker?
Hi,
Can you send Nicky an email at nick.t@planeteclipse.com with a link to this thread in it please.
We'll make sure you get taken care of ASAP on this. It's not what I would consider acceptable. Sorry for the problems.
I'm very surprised the o-rings didn't work. But we'll get to the bottom of the issue, whatever it takes.
Jack
Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 PM #37
ajose96

I haven't had any troubles....

LOVE Planet Eclipse

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 04-02-2012 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Double post.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 PM #38
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

i emailed nick.t but i couldnt get the link in the email ( via phone) but i am glad i have PE support and hope this helps to keep this from happening in you future markers and to new customers jack

Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 AM #39
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
i emailed nick.t but i couldnt get the link in the email ( via phone) but i am glad i have PE support and hope this helps to keep this from happening in you future markers and to new customers jack
Morning,

No email has come through thus far. Don't worry about sending the link to me as i've found the thread

If you can email me directly on: nick.t@planeteclipse.com i will get a care package out to you asap.

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:12 PM #40
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
Morning,

No email has come through thus far. Don't worry about sending the link to me as i've found the thread

If you can email me directly on: nick.t@planeteclipse.com i will get a care package out to you asap.

Nicky T
i just emailed you nick.t thanks for the quick responses jack and nick PE customer service top notch

Old 04-04-2012, 04:02 AM #41
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
i just emailed you nick.t thanks for the quick responses jack and nick PE customer service top notch
Replied and actioned

Nicky T

Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 PM #42
MSpeedFreak03
beans, bullets, bandages

well took my etha to a local field and they have a PE certified tech and he found the leak kinda lol, he had another etha there and swapped the whole bolt assembly over and my gun still leaked... he thinks it has something to do with the body, my bolt assembly in their etha and no leaks... after an hour i gave up and sold it to him... im done with PE markers forever, but thanks for the help jack and nick!!!!!

Closed Thread