Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM #43
freddy v.

It'd be cool if statistics are updated in real time while watching the webcast.
Stream on the left, stats on the right.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 PM #44
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
It's about time moves like this were taken honestly.

Think Fantasy Speedball.
Fantasy speedball? I want to go to there
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM #45
AustinHembo
`~`

AustinHembo plays in the PSP
AustinHembo is reppin' sidebar 4 life
AustinHembo plays in the APPA D4 division
definitely read this in Matty's voice. dude needs to commentate everything paintball related. Chris Lasoya does a good job too
Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 PM #46
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
I'm liking the changes this year. Seems like a giant PSP/NPPL fight to the death is exactly what the sport needed.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 PM #47
molybdenum
Aspiring Ninja

Interesting. I have to wonder what exactly will come of the implementation of a stats system, like this.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM #48
paintball_junkie187
Pain Lies Awaiting You...

has been a member for 10 years
So up until now, there hasn't been any discussion as to who is the best because we haven't had trivial numbers which can be extremely misleading to back it up ? Being able to watch first hand the Russians get 2 gs off the break and pick apart teams left me confused as to who was the better team when the game ends 7-0 because I wasn't aware that 1 player lived 6 out of 8 points while his teammate only lived 4-8 ? Or Dynasty wins a Triple Crown and yet maybe some other team is better because they average over twice the paint shot off the break right ?

I'm not opposed to progression, honestly I'm not. What I am against is spinning wheels and wasting time/energy/resources on what some want to believe is progress. The sport grew rapidly with 20 guysplaying in the woods far removed from the human eye yet it has regressed in the last 6 to 8 while being thrust into the limelight...That doesn't seem odd to anyone ? The harder you try to make something big the more it seems to resist. If your reading this, YOU came into paintball without having stats presented to you, so why can't that continue ?? What's changed so drastically in the last 7 years ? Now i know our favorite scapegoat the economy will be brought into the mix but honestly, where is the breakdown? And part of this is rhetorical since ihonestly don't know the exact reason(s). What I do know is stats or the lack there of has NEVER played a part. Not once have I been at an event on the sideline and heard two people say "Gosh, this seems neat but what's the point in taking on this obsession if the crowd doesn't know I shoot 6 pods a game on average"

Paintballs primary growth needs to come at the field level .Experienced players talking to the new players/bachelor parties/youth groups. Showing them your gear, giving them tips, generally being an ambassador versus just a bastard. THIS is where growth happens, not at the national level.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM #49
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinHembo View Post
definitely read this in Matty's voice. dude needs to commentate everything paintball related. Chris Lasoya does a good job too
Matty simply IS the voice of tournament paintball. Its hard for me to watch a match unless I hear that voice.

I'd love to hear the DerDer shortbus guys do play-by-play for an entire match.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:06 PM #50
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

So what you're saying, junkie, is that because paintball needs to be grown at the field level we shouldn't bother making incremental improvements at the top level.

Riiiight.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:07 PM #51
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
So up until now, there hasn't been any discussion as to who is the best because we haven't had trivial numbers which can be extremely misleading to back it up ? Being able to watch first hand the Russians get 2 gs off the break and pick apart teams left me confused as to who was the better team when the game ends 7-0 because I wasn't aware that 1 player lived 6 out of 8 points while his teammate only lived 4-8 ? Or Dynasty wins a Triple Crown and yet maybe some other team is better because they average over twice the paint shot off the break right ?
You're too caught up on "who won". it's more like "this is who won, and here's why". It adds a different dimension.... and hey, if you don't want to follow stats and just care about the raw feel of the game, then the addition of stats won't take away from that, unless you just like to ***** about something that doesn't really affect you.

Quote:
Paintballs primary growth needs to come at the field level .Experienced players talking to the new players/bachelor parties/youth groups. Showing them your gear, giving them tips, generally being an ambassador versus just a bastard. THIS is where growth happens, not at the national level.
I respectfully disagree. There is already this type of growth at the field level, and it isn't enough. Going national is the next logical step.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 PM #52
Chase12
Chase "Space" Fowler

Quote:

I'm not opposed to progression, honestly I'm not. What I am against is spinning wheels and wasting time/energy/resources on what some want to believe is progress. The sport grew rapidly with 20 guysplaying in the woods far removed from the human eye yet it has regressed in the last 6 to 8 while being thrust into the limelight...That doesn't seem odd to anyone ? The harder you try to make something big the more it seems to resist. If your reading this, YOU came into paintball without having stats presented to you, so why can't that continue ?? What's changed so drastically in the last 7 years ? Now i know our favorite scapegoat the economy will be brought into the mix but honestly, where is the breakdown? And part of this is rhetorical since ihonestly don't know the exact reason(s). What I do know is stats or the lack there of has NEVER played a part. Not once have I been at an event on the sideline and heard two people say "Gosh, this seems neat but what's the point in taking on this obsession if the crowd doesn't know I shoot 6 pods a game on average"

This allows the sport to grow because it identifies different players. Sure, Dynasty/RL/Damage can roll a team 7-0 but that doesn't mean there are individuals on those teams who excel above those teammates. You don't give the MVP to the best team, you give it to the best player and tracking stats is the first step in the direction of giving different players accolades for their individual skill instead of simply being on a stacked team.
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 PM #53
Freak36

Freak36 is an NCPA player
Freak36 plays in the APPA D4 division
I fail to see how implementing stats to a webcast promoted for fans of paintball and friends/family members of those playing is a bad thing. It's an improvement of an already awesome product. Businesses have to be creative and continually strive to be innovative in order to grow. They aren't forking out $1,000,000+ an hour to air the PSP live on the TNT network.

With Matty, Pat from MWAG(I assume), Cade, and the PSP backing it... I got faith that they know what they're doing and they'll deliver.

Quote:

Freak36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM #54
Gnasty619

Gnasty619 plays in the USPL
Gnasty619 plays in the PSP
Gnasty619 plays in the APPA D3 division
Hopefully it'll be done and everyone will be able to see it. What happened to the stats that PSP did a couple of years ago?

Anyways, when stats do come out it'll give players more to talk about. Better argument and predictions on who has a better chance of winning games. I remember seeing ratings in an old PGi magazines. Showed little stats, no numbers really, on how teams were in the NXL. It was fun to read little things about the team. The stats would also help the team itself to see who actually puts in work and such.

Can't wait to see the stats.

My Gearbag Sale!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post80711327
Gnasty619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:39 PM #55
paintball_junkie187
Pain Lies Awaiting You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
So what you're saying, junkie, is that because paintball needs to be grown at the field level we shouldn't bother making incremental improvements at the top level.

Riiiight.
No no, I think trying to put out a forest fire with a super soaker makes perfect sense.

One more time, I want paintball to grow. Have I made that confusing or are those words not clear ? I am just more interested in doing so in a meaningful way, regulating jerseys, guns, stats etc is not going to do it. And the fact of the matter is all that is already set in motion and I'm not against it succeeding but I'm also not naive enough to believe it's going to accomplish what the promoters are trying to sell you it will. I've watched paintball rise, peak and plummet and I will still be around when it rises again. I guess for now I will just stick to watching my favorite NXL teams on Fox
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 PM #56
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
The stat everyone wants to see is how many people did player x shoot.

If you can track that, I know people are interested.
this

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM #57
ContractKiller88
Still Ballin!

ContractKiller88 plays in the PSP
ContractKiller88 supports DLX Technology
didnt they do this about 2 years ago?
ContractKiller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:11 PM #58
cab0053

I know for a fact that Pat is doing the web cast. I wish that there was enough money for equipment to make a 1, 5, or 15 minute delay. Replays, camera angles, and commentary would improve tremendously.

I'm not sure why this is receiving such negative attention, only the pros are required for this attention to detail and they are such a small percentage, so the cost/time increase isn't a big deal.

also, from what I understand, paintball failed on tv for two main reasons.

1. Outsiders filmed it.

They had no idea what they were doing and it was moderately confusing and looked like crap. Thankfully, Pat and co put together an official company that's puts out a pretty good product. Maybe in the future, espn can look at it and say, "that looks good and makes sense, lets just import it in and boost the budget"

2. More importantly, the espn crew, as a whole, did not mix well with players attitudes.

From what I see, there are lot of big egos and holier than thou attitudes and whining crybabies in paintball, from the open play recball I played last week, to the regional d3 league, to the Pros. We have all seen it and vast majority are a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66
can we have trading cards too?
This. I will buy every single card in multiple amounts.

Last edited by cab0053 : 03-07-2012 at 10:24 PM.
cab0053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 PM #59
chaibill

Seems like they got a lot of this from the milsim corps
Lapco t8 t9 barrel 14 inch for sale.
Mini parts stock ASA ,stock bolt. Color kits black or bronze green. Pm me with mini parts.
chaibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:43 PM #60
PuertoRock
I'm Sexy And I Know It!!!

PuertoRock plays in the PSP
PuertoRock donated to help Peyton Trent
PuertoRock helped look for balloons
NPPL is doing the same thing with the help of virtue paintball... some sort of transmitter allowing data compilling computer with specific algorithims to much away at the data and make sense of it all...
PuertoRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM #61
lilc1511
Can't Stop The Train!

lilc1511 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lilc1511 plays in the APPA D4 division
lilc1511 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lilc1511 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase12 View Post
K/D ratio, kill count, survival off the break percentage, points won percentage(points won divided by points played), and something to do with how clutch a player is(winning 2-on-1's, 3-on-1's, etc) would be awesome.

Also, did anyone else hear Matty's voice in their head as they read this?
Hahahaha, i definitely heard his voice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squally25 View Post
I wanna nick sloviak card
That'll be tough since it's nick slowiak,

I think its a good idea, but yea who gets the credit for that random death, where a paintball bounced off a bunker and hit a guy who wasnt even exposed. i guess nothing is perfect though, and this doesnt happen often. i like the idea. run with it! we will see how it goes.

Junkie, i like what you are saying about the promoting at a local level, but that is not something that the owners of the psp have any control over... they cant make random dickhole kids be nice to new players or change the average douche bag paintballer mentality. they are doing what they can with the power they have.

Chow Yunng Fat
lilc1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 PM #62
sparta0703
skemp roid rage

sparta0703 plays in the PSP
sparta0703 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sparta0703 plays in the APPA D3 division

finally.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 PM #63
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Time to download some hax to **** with stats.

Someone's getting -12983 exp and will be auto-****ed.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

HOLY **** EMPIRE SNIPER FOR SALE - LNIB and only $360? Whaaa?

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.