Community Focus

Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 AM #1
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Seed Kit - Rotor

So I recently ordered the Seed Kit for my rotor because I changed the arm from a V3 red shark fin, to the Virtue Soft Arm, and I HATED IT. My rotor was CONSTANTLY jamming and driving me nuts. I read that the seed kit along with the Virtue arm was the way to go, so I ordered it. The instructions stated that this install should take no longer than 10 minutes, which is GARBAGE!

Everything was going smooth until I tried to get the motor into place. The motor was too long to fit into it's designated position. I tried to file down the plastic of the base plate, where the motor gear meets the main gear, with a hand file... don't do this. It'll take you forever. I ended up pulling out the Dremel to cut out some of the plastic of the base plate. After about 30 minutes of hand filing, and 5 with the dremel, the motor finally fit.

Since I got it to fit, the kit works very well but I hate that it took modification for it to fit, and their support is TERRIBLE!

If you have a dremel, $70, and about 45 minutes of spare time, I'd give it a try.
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM #2
NBTippy
ping pong champ

Annual Supporting Member
NBTippy is BST Legit
NBTippy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NBTippy plays in the APPA D5 division
NBTippy has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
That part actually just needs to be pushed in a bit and it fits perfectly. No modification required.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:04 AM #3
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian

aspiderfreak plays in the PSP
aspiderfreak is an NCPA player
aspiderfreak plays in the APPA D4 division
aspiderfreak is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
aspiderfreak is a top reviewer
aspiderfreak is Boss
aspiderfreak supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTippy View Post
That part actually just needs to be pushed in a bit and it fits perfectly. No modification required.
+1
aspiderfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:17 AM #4
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
I basically forced it in the first time, and it was so tight that the motor wouldn't spin The light would go on, and instead of the motor pulsing, it wouldn't spin and would make a beeping sound
Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM #5
NBTippy
ping pong champ

Annual Supporting Member
NBTippy is BST Legit
NBTippy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NBTippy plays in the APPA D5 division
NBTippy has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal

I basically forced it in the first time, and it was so tight that the motor wouldn't spin The light would go on, and instead of the motor pulsing, it wouldn't spin and would make a beeping sound
Not pushed into the rotor. If you take the new motor and push the bar with the gear towards the motor it will pop into the proper place and fit into the rotor.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 PM #6
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Not pushed into the rotor. If you take the new motor and push the bar with the gear towards the motor it will pop into the proper place and fit into the rotor.
i tried this, but i'll try it with the "high rpm" motor as well
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM #7
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Really shouldnt take more than that. The other thing you could have done is just used the stock gear (the one that comes on the motors), because those gears pull right off of the motor shafts.

I dont see what the big deal is just because it took you a little extra time, when it shouldnt have in the first place.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 PM #8
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
Really shouldnt take more than that. The other thing you could have done is just used the stock gear (the one that comes on the motors), because those gears pull right off of the motor shafts.

I dont see what the big deal is just because it took you a little extra time, when it shouldnt have in the first place.
Since it's in place, it's working well. I just don't like the fact that I wrote to their support address, and still haven't heard back for 4 days now. It's a well made kit, just took longer to install than it should have.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 PM #9
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
Since it's in place, it's working well. I just don't like the fact that I wrote to their support address, and still haven't heard back for 4 days now. It's a well made kit, just took longer to install than it should have.
Agreed, their support isnt the best, but I think they might have even gone out of business. I dont really know and at this point in having my seed kit I dont really care. Thanks to that kit (and the Virtue softcycle) it let me save mucho dollars on paint, because I just buy the cheapest **** that "works" and other wise my Rotor wouldnt feed it.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote