Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 PM #211
chickenbot5
Montgomeryoctavius5

chickenbot5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chickenbot5 is attending Decay of Nations VI
The Ohio State University.
If you haven't heard, our football program is pretty decent.
chickenbot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 PM #212
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

My girlfriend is going to be a freshman there next year.

Don't **** her
DrobertsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 PM #213
chickenbot5
Montgomeryoctavius5

I would never.
In fact, I'll follow her from a safe but reachable distance and anyone that gets too close will get the business.

You're welcome.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 PM #214
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

You're going to give anyone that gets close to her the business?

Kinky.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 PM #215
chickenbot5
Montgomeryoctavius5

Yes.
That goes double for you.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 PM #216
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 PM #217
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
lol college is stupid. specially the freshman

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:56 PM #218
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

I like the way that sounds.
DrobertsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 PM #219
colors

colors owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacasowithagun View Post
Drexel University.
What is your major I know a teacher that just transferred there from UW-Milwaukee.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 PM #220
Ly$ol (Banned)
Spit Yo Yo Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbot5 View Post
Too bad you guys aren't going to win the big 10
Ly$ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 PM #221
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbot5 View Post
I'm going to assume that you play on the club team and that I've met you before.

School: Ohio University
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 PM #222
dyeplaye9264
What's up?

dyeplaye9264 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rutgers University
dyeplaye9264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 PM #223
Xanatos903 (Banned)
Assault weapons kill kids

Xanatos903 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
lol college is stupid. specially the freshman
No, and yes. College is pretty awesome, but it's not necessary like it's being made out to be. I could have a pretty good job doing fence work back home if I wanted to, but I'd rather roll my dice and shoot for med school. At the least, I'll land a cushy job in a research laboratory somewhere. After working in food service, doing manual labor for most of my summers, and getting to know people that have been worked hard their entire lives, I don't really want to do that much longer.

But freshmen are stupid. Thankfully, we mature well into our 20's, and most freshmen grow out of their stupidity after they realize it's not looked upon favorably in college.
Xanatos903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 AM #224
colors

colors owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos903 View Post
No, and yes. College is pretty awesome, but it's not necessary like it's being made out to be. I could have a pretty good job doing fence work back home if I wanted to, but I'd rather roll my dice and shoot for med school. At the least, I'll land a cushy job in a research laboratory somewhere. After working in food service, doing manual labor for most of my summers, and getting to know people that have been worked hard their entire lives, I don't really want to do that much longer.

But freshmen are stupid. Thankfully, we mature well into our 20's, and most freshmen grow out of their stupidity after they realize it's not looked upon favorably in college.
yeah you learn pretty quick that being more of a mature adult is really a much better choice to make. looking at all my friends that still can't wake up for class or complete assignments on time, or save money because they spend it all on drugs... they seem so pathetic and i won't feel bad when i leave them behind. from the mind of a 22 year old senior in college.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 AM #225
Unipron

LLCC Springfield, previously TMC Academy Singapore.

Saying education shouldn't be necessary is like saying stupid should be acceptable. It just isn't.
Unipron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM #226
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos903 View Post

i was joking lol college is fun, but I'm ready to graduate. 1 semester left

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM #227
Xanatos903 (Banned)
Assault weapons kill kids

Xanatos903 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unipron View Post

Saying education shouldn't be necessary is like saying stupid should be acceptable. It just isn't.
Nobody said education was unnecessary. I think that once you get past a sophomore-level (high school) education, however, the gains are negligible for those who aren't going to become academics anyway.

Rather than trying to say that everyone needs to know about literature through the Renaissance, and how to integrate polynomial, I'd rather see vocational programs be emphasized. Trying to push everyone to go to college does nothing but allow schools like the University of Phoenix, et al. to take advantage of people who think they need a college degree to succeed.
Xanatos903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 AM #228
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos903

Nobody said education was unnecessary. I think that once you get past a sophomore-level (high school) education, however, the gains are negligible for those who aren't going to become academics anyway.

Rather than trying to say that everyone needs to know about literature through the Renaissance, and how to integrate polynomial, I'd rather see vocational programs be emphasized. Trying to push everyone to go to college does nothing but allow schools like the University of Phoenix, et al. to take advantage of people who think they need a college degree to succeed.
This. When my dad was in school they had autobody, auto mechanics, welding, plumbing, electrician, carpentry, etc etc.

When I graduated we had welding and carpentry. I understand about funding and budget cuts. But not only did every academic class make it seem like college was your only choice, guidance counselors did the exact same thing. Despite my interests in learning a trade and not furthering my education, other than for playing sports.

I never made it to college, I still have nothing past a high school diploma, and ill still be making more than most kids who are graduating this year for sometime due to my skill set from my job. I learned alot of different trades, and learned how to run heavy equipment, learned how to drive trucks, etc.

People who say you won't do good in a blue collar trade are dense. My buddy makes. ~2500 a week driving local bulk transport. I make ~1200-1500 as a laborer/foreman for my current company. I've made well over ~3000 a week as a class A equipment operator. Just some numbers to prove you can make it good with limited formal education.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 PM #229
doomsday57

doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
you know what they need to teach in schools? Personal Finance, thats important because it will let them know to invest early and give them an education on how to invest and help them financially in the future. Not spending the whole school life on all this history and old literary works. They can have these classes but in more of an introductory thing then a school long thing. The reason that people are in the financial troubles they are because know one really has good financial knowledge
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:22 PM #230
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday57
you know what they need to teach in schools? Personal Finance, thats important because it will let them know to invest early and give them an education on how to invest and help them financially in the future. Not spending the whole school life on all this history and old literary works. They can have these classes but in more of an introductory thing then a school long thing. The reason that people are in the financial troubles they are because know one really has good financial knowledge
Know one? Looks like schools should focus on English a little more...
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM #231
atomicbadgerman
bewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unipron View Post

Sure education is necessary. College, however, is not.

Current Car: Centrifugally Turbo-charged 2008 V4 ford.

Also, I have a stock Maxima. It runs 12's
atomicbadgerman is offline   Reply With Quote