Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 11:23 PM #1996
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstylea2 View Post
I help consult nutrition to type 2 diabetic amputees, people who choose soda or HFCS drinks over fruit and have uncontrolled diabetes, partly exacerbated by high glycemic foods. The clinical nutrition dept. secretary ate junk all her life and developed diabetes following her obesity. You want to see a study? Go to any Walmart or supermarket and look at the astonishing amount of obese people purchasing processed foods. Go to a hospital or talk to your doctor and ask him. He/she can tell you how poor diet choices affect your health In multiple ways.
Quote:
Artificial sugar raises BG levels too quickly for the body to use in an efficient way. The metabolism is forced to turn the glucose into fat. Gonna Take conversation to my colleagues, from now on. It's My fault.
Quote:
I know. Was using HFCS as a reference since it is the most damaging to the nervous system and is literally a fuel for cancer proliferation. It is not found naturally in nature and is cheap to produce and is a major contributor the the obesity epidemic in the US. Not all sugars are created equal. For example, an apple is a much better source of energy when eaten with the skin, than a glass of cool-aide or soda. Why? The billions of flora in your gut can benefit from the apple due to its fiber content and feed off of it; there is also some vitamin C and potassium. The nutrients help boost the immune system, whereas the the drink has no nutritional value. Ever hear the phrase:
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."? Yeah Dude

Hey bro, I took a nutrition class in college too, and I can regurgitate the same crap over and over again as well.

Hint: being fat is the problem, not artificial sugars.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2013, 11:24 PM #1997
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
turn the glucose into fat

Holy lack of knowledge of biochemistry, Batman.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:37 PM #1998
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post

Holy lack of knowledge of biochemistry, Batman.
You took a nutrition course in college. Bravo **********. Nobody cares. Make a career out of it. Change somebody's live through nutrition and get a gratifying feeling from it. People I talk to care because I make a difference in their lives. You can go **** yourself.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 PM #1999
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
You took a nutrition course in college. Bravo **********. Nobody cares. Make a career out of it. Change somebody's live through nutrition and get a gratifying feeling from it. People I talk to care because I make a difference in their lives. You can go **** yourself.
Actually i care that he did .

Your credibility went down the drain when I saw the turn glucose into fat line

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:15 AM #2000
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
You change people's lives by reading them the articles from myplate.gov, congratulations.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:11 AM #2001
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

has been a member for 10 years
Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Artificial sugar raises BG levels too quickly for the body to use in an efficient way. The metabolism is forced to turn the glucose into fat. Gonna Take conversation to my colleagues, from now on. It's My fault.
You wat m8? Aspertame is nothing more than a synthasis of amino acids. BRB crushing a 2 liter of diet soda a day and still maintaining a leaner BF% than you or your colleagues.

Genetics.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:55 AM #2002
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Glucose can turn into fat, but it tends to be a rarity in our situations. As it is a very complex process.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 AM #2003
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
There is no need to be upset.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM #2004
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
I know. Was using HFCS as a reference since it is the most damaging to the nervous system and is literally a fuel for cancer proliferation. It is not found naturally in nature and is cheap to produce and is a major contributor the the obesity epidemic in the US. Not all sugars are created equal. For example, an apple is a much better source of energy when eaten with the skin, than a glass of cool-aide or soda. Why? The billions of flora in your gut can benefit from the apple due to its fiber content and feed off of it; there is also some vitamin C and potassium. The nutrients help boost the immune system, whereas the the drink has no nutritional value. Ever hear the phrase:
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."? Yeah Dude
I think you've been reading too many papers by Dr. Lustig, AKA the biggest opponent of HFCS.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:00 PM #2005
FHS JewFro
black AND white

St:F Bullying
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM #2006
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
St:F Bullying
Conform or be shunned

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 10-25-2013, 06:10 AM #2007
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4039086
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread