Old 03-02-2013, 05:04 PM #1618
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Yea I rather know I'm getting a good work out With lower weight . Eventually you will be putting good numbers .
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 PM #1619
ncpbkid1234 (Banned)

walk in on my supervisor at work big steriod guy eating 4 packets of oatmeal with a gallon of water on his desk just eating them like there a bag of chips
Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 PM #1620
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Ego lifter reporting in. Not ashamed to admit it. My form is perfect 90% of the time.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpbkid1234 View Post
walk in on my supervisor at work big steriod guy eating 4 packets of oatmeal with a gallon of water on his desk just eating them like there a bag of chips
I have done this.

Genetics.

Last edited by Squirrelly Wrath : 03-02-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:50 PM #1621
tanner202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
Ego lifter reporting in. Not ashamed to admit it. My form is perfect 90% of the time.
Same. Sometimes you just gotta let your testosterone get the best of you and unleash bear mode

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM #1622
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

How long does it typically take to start seeing increases in weight after committing to a designated bulk? Whenever I up my consumption; I just start ****ting 4-5 times a day and see no movement in the scale, except for maybe a little downwards.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM #1623
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
How long does it typically take to start seeing increases in weight after committing to a designated bulk? Whenever I up my consumption; I just start ****ting 4-5 times a day and see no movement in the scale, except for maybe a little downwards.
I assume you track your intake. how many calories are we talking about, and what kind of intake over maintenance level?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:20 PM #1624
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

At least 500-700 over maintenance of ~2200. I know it's not a large amount, but I would expect to see some upward movement in the scale, but I'm probably wrong, so that's why I'm here.

"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 03-20-2013, 02:32 PM #1625
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
At least 500-700 over maintenance of ~2200. I know it's not a large amount, but I would expect to see some upward movement in the scale, but I'm probably wrong, so that's why I'm here.
I'd say if you're eating under 3000 calories regularly, the scale is going to move very slowly. I started at 183 and have my "goal" of 2500 calories, but I occasionally eat less than that, and usually(2-3x week) eat closer to 3-3.2k. 2 months later, I average around 190, but a good poop and water loss can push me down to 185 overnight.

If you're doing it right, I believe weight gain SHOULD be slow. A nice long bulk over many months feels great. Aim to average .5#/week.

That's 26#/year. I'd love to gain that kind of muscle(though I know it won't actually be all muscle).
Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM #1626
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would give it 2-3 weeks.. It also depends on how close you are to your genetic limit or whatever they call it. The bigger you get the slower you gain.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 PM #1627
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Well, I've been at 168-172 for the last year or so. Nobody in my family is large. It's just frustrating because whenever I start eating more, I literally **** it all out and the scale actually drops. I go from 1 poop every 1-2 days to a constant 3-5 per day.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:43 PM #1628
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

I typically only **** twice a day, even when eating 5000cals.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 03-20-2013, 06:26 PM #1629
FHS JewFro
black AND white

eat solid food?

Tons of rice, chicken, and beef
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 03-20-2013, 06:28 PM #1630
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

^Check. Those are pretty much my staples as of the last 1.5 years.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 AM #1631
TeamLeadersAccount

TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
eat solid food?

Tons of rice, chicken, and beef
Does it need to be brown rice? I've heard brown rice is better. Can you explain why or why not?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 AM #1632
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLeadersAccount View Post
Does it need to be brown rice? I've heard brown rice is better. Can you explain why or why not?
no it doesn't. don't worry about it.

Familiar, I'd stick with the 2 week recommendation. Wait 2 weeks and see if the scale is moving up. If not, bump up another 250 kcal. Repeat.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 AM #1633
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLeadersAccount View Post
Research daily macro-nutrients. That will answer all your questions.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:05 PM #1634
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Leg day yesterday. All my meals had large amounts of pasta

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 03-21-2013, 01:28 PM #1635
arod11

arod11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
arod11 is an NCPA player
arod11 plays in the APPA D4 division
arod11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
now i try to stay away from red meat and stick with chicken and fish as much as possible because red meat is fattier even though it has more protien so i compensate with eating more chicken and fish is this alright or should i scrap that
Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 PM #1636
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod11 View Post
now i try to stay away from red meat and stick with chicken and fish as much as possible because red meat is fattier even though it has more protien so i compensate with eating more chicken and fish is this alright or should i scrap that
That's fine. Sometimes you have to manipulate what kinds of foods you eat to fit your macro/caloric goals.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:38 PM #1637
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

has been a member for 10 years
hsilman have you ever tried to make jerky out of anything other than beef? I've played around a bit with turkey but that's about it. I'm getting kind of burnt out on a pound plus a day of beef jerky and was thinking of maybe experimenting with other meats. Just a bit nervous about food safety issues I've heard about with chicken and wild game.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:44 PM #1638
arod11

arod11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
arod11 is an NCPA player
arod11 plays in the APPA D4 division
arod11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
im not sure what macro/caloric means where can i read up on that?