Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Why cocunut oil

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 PM #1493
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
I usually don't cook with it, like to cook with butter/grape seed more....I just forgot that I had a half bottle of grape seed lol - so I used coconut instead.

Coconut oil doesn't hold up to high heats. So I don't like to cook with it.
Grape seed does and IMO is better than Olive oil.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 PM #1494
Hawke

3lbs of chicken
2 scoops of ON Whey
6 eggs

Ate that every day for the past 2 weeks (carbs as well, cals roughly at maintenance). I typically eat 2lbs of chicken per day but my appetite has been strong lately.

Since increasing chicken intake by 1lb, I have hit a PR on every single lift. Therefore, chicken = steroids.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:06 PM #1495
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

DT- uncooked rice? I am unaware

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 01-11-2013, 06:17 PM #1496
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
3lbs of chicken
2 scoops of ON Whey
6 eggs

Ate that every day for the past 2 weeks (carbs as well, cals roughly at maintenance). I typically eat 2lbs of chicken per day but my appetite has been strong lately.

Since increasing chicken intake by 1lb, I have hit a PR on every single lift. Therefore, chicken = steroids.
400g of pro?...
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM #1497
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
400g of pro?...
Yeah.

I'm taking a full class load plus interning so I have to work my meals around what is convenient for my study hours. That results in 2 scoops of protein in the morning, 2lbs of chicken mid day (to last me a few hours/pre workout), 1lb of chicken post workout, and then eggs before bed. Honestly, it's far easier than it sounds.

In other words, it's purely out of convenience. The alternative is eating a ton of carbs instead so I opted for the chicken.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM #1498
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
How much do you weigh ? 2lbs a chicken a day damn , are you getting tired of it ?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 PM #1499
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Yeah.

I'm taking a full class load plus interning so I have to work my meals around what is convenient for my study hours. That results in 2 scoops of protein in the morning, 2lbs of chicken mid day (to last me a few hours/pre workout), 1lb of chicken post workout, and then eggs before bed. Honestly, it's far easier than it sounds.

In other words, it's purely out of convenience. The alternative is eating a ton of carbs instead so I opted for the chicken.
If it were me I'd make the effort to swap at least 150 pro for carbs. 400 is a ton of protein man.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 PM #1500
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
How much do you weigh ? 2lbs a chicken a day damn , are you getting tired of it ?
182lbs when I woke up this morning.

Quote:
If it were me I'd make the effort to swap at least 150 pro for carbs. 400 is a ton of protein man.
But why? Genuine question. What would the benefit of increased carb intake over increased protein intake be?

I'm eating some combination of rice, salad, or vegetables with every one of those meals. Having protein with each one just keeps me satiated without feeling bogged down.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 PM #1501
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
DT- uncooked rice? I am unaware
That was the dry weight, not the cooked weight lol.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM #1502
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

I wish I had more time to eat in the day. I have to squeeze all my food into one meal. Eating 3 #'s of pasta, sauce and ground beef followed by a 16 oz steak and a bushel of asparagus kinda sucked. Now I just gotta get this shake down.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 PM #1503
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
That was the dry weight, not the cooked weight lol.
Derp. lol I figured I was missing something. Who the hell would ever eat uncooked rice?
inb4:SW's poverty bulk

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 PM #1504
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
182lbs when I woke up this morning.

But why? Genuine question. What would the benefit of increased carb intake over increased protein intake be?

I'm eating some combination of rice, salad, or vegetables with every one of those meals. Having protein with each one just keeps me satiated without feeling bogged down.
You don't need that much protein unless you are on special supplements. However, you do need carbs to grow. Your workouts are going to be a lot better with more carbs.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 PM #1505
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Hawke: Just wanted to say to your dedication.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 PM #1506
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
There is very limited evidence, but evidence nonetheless that continuous high protein intake would be less anabolic than medium and somewhat cycled carb intake due to some downregulstion factors.

When I finally bulk again I will be moving towards increasing meal frequency as per layne norton and probably increased carb content in the form of oats. Tbh I would like to just add 3 feeding a during my workday and get about 120p and 400c and a bit of fat. Probably all from homemade protein bars as much as I can.

I still prefer if for general health reasons and resetting certain metabolic processes dnd will be throwing some 20+ hour fasting periods in during said bulk. But I do want to endorse quality carbohydrate intake metered effectively through the day. The problem with carbs is when you go insane in one sitting you are really encouraging fat synthesis
Old 01-12-2013, 02:05 AM #1507
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
You so smart.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 PM #1508
Hawke

Quote:
You don't need that much protein unless you are on special supplements. However, you do need carbs to grow. Your workouts are going to be a lot better with more carbs.
I'll consider it and make changes as the semester progresses. If you've got ideas on carbs that I can make in bulk and store for the week, I'm open to hearing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
But I do want to endorse quality carbohydrate intake metered effectively through the day.
However, this ^ is one of the reasons I have opted for chicken. Finding quality carbs that don't take time to prepare is a hassle. I prepare most of my chicken and all of my rice on Sunday. I don't really have sit down meals as I can't afford to spend time eating all of the time.

Looks like my daily intake is roughly:
3,200 calories (387g pro, 140g carbs, 110g fat)

Although for a period of time I was eating dark chocolate throughout the day and racking up calories.

Last edited by Hawke : 01-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:16 PM #1509
tanner202

Ate over 600g of carbs yesterday. Woke up looking the leanest I have in my bulk, lolwut

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 PM #1510
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Cycling carb intake?
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 01-12-2013, 06:54 PM #1511
tanner202

Nope just bumped my total caloric intake up ~300 cals to make up for not eating enough the day before. Apparently I filled all of it with carbs

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 01-13-2013, 03:17 PM #1512
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I was watching Kevin English videos on youtube and he said how in the offseason he would eat 2,000 grams of carbs per day, then when he starts dieting he takes in around 700. not sure if srs
Closed Thread