Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 AM #253
bb6kid

bb6kid plays in the PSP
bb6kid plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
critique please

this is what most of my gym days will look like, similar macros, almost the same food everyday

pre meal
2 scoops whey in water
1 cup of oats

post workout meal
1lb 93/7 beef
2 scoops whey in water

meal 3
1 fiber bar
2 cups 1% milk
1 oz peanuts
8 oz greek yogurt

meal 4
2 cups of milk
2 scoops whey
2 string cheese
1 fiber bar
1 8oz v8 fusion

3k cals
87f/237c/323p

would like to drop the carbs eventually, but its fine for now, need to raise the fat a bit i know, and i also realize the protein is pretty high

EDIT *

@ bb6 & matt, i believe pump was referring to the fact that bb6 did not pick up why the protein was that high after h00dlum almost blatantly said it, correct me if i am wrong pump
i would say more carbs before you work out, since its early in the day and before you workout there wont be a problem burning them out during the gym and as the day progresses, also maybe a simple carb after you work out is proven to be beneficial. Also i would lay off all the whey, maybe for your 4th meal replace the 2 scoops of whey with caesin, and replace string cheese with cottage cheese if you like it. Just some of my .02 cents

edit: it also seems like you need more "real food" then relying on supplements also, you only have 1 meat in there. no chicken or tuna? You only have 2 real meals in there. I would eat around every 3 hours with smaller portions as well

Last edited by bb6kid : 04-11-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2012, 12:36 AM #254
FHS JewFro
black AND white

today carbs were a little low for the pre meal, normally they are a bit higher

im trying carbless post workout meals at the moment per recommendation

also casein is a waste of money, LOL'd at that one. i was suppose to have a steak tonight but i forgot to take it out of the freezer so mehh whatever

i actually do like cottage cheese, im just stocked up on string cheese for a little bit

3 whey shakes a day isnt bad either, eventually i do plan to drop to just 2 shakes a day when lower my cals to 2500
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 AM #255
bb6kid

bb6kid plays in the PSP
IMO 1 scoop = 1 shake, therefore you have 6 shakes in your meal. Around 150grams of your protein is coming from shakes. Lean meats can be your best friend. There have been numerous studies on casein and its effectiveness. During sleep your body is basically fasting. It is using up muscle for protein. Therefore, a casein shake + cottage cheese will be used up during your fast instead of your muscles.

Not to be an ***, but if you had recommendations, why did you post your meal for advice when you shoot everything down?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 AM #256
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb6kid View Post
edit: it also seems like you need more "real food" then relying on supplements also, you only have 1 meat in there. no chicken or tuna? You only have 2 real meals in there. I would eat around every 3 hours with smaller portions as well
The most important part

If you eat more then 30g of protein at a time, it will pass right throgh your body

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 AM #257
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
He he he he
Hoo hoo hoo hoo
Ha ha ha ha
Trolllolololololololololol
trollolololol

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 AM #258
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
The most important part

If you eat more then 30g of protein at a time, it will pass right throgh your body
This is like the 100th time someone has posted the same, stale joke. It stopped being entertaining a long time ago.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 AM #259
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb6kid View Post
IMO 1 scoop = 1 shake, therefore you have 6 shakes in your meal. Around 150grams of your protein is coming from shakes. Lean meats can be your best friend. There have been numerous studies on casein and its effectiveness. During sleep your body is basically fasting. It is using up muscle for protein. Therefore, a casein shake + cottage cheese will be used up during your fast instead of your muscles.

Not to be an ***, but if you had recommendations, why did you post your meal for advice when you shoot everything down?
i was looking for a critique from someone who actually knows what i am doing diet wise. i dont know anyone that considers 1 scoop to be a shake, well i may know a few females actually. casein is expensive and there are much better alternatives to a slow digesting protein. i eat beef+chicken on off days, like i said normally i have a steak tonight too, i get plenty of lean meat son, trust me
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 AM #260
bb6kid

bb6kid plays in the PSP
then why didnt you post that lean meat you get in your diet? that would have made sense now wouldnt it? instead of saying you get 1 real meat a day
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 AM #261
FHS JewFro
black AND white

the steak was my mistake, simply slipped my mind

but this is my gym day nutrition, my off day nutrition is different, lower carbs, higher fats

Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 AM #262
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
By your standards I drink 6 shakes a day. U mad, kunt?

Genetics.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:17 AM #263
theDJ
puzzling

i take one shake of 2 scoops whey daily, and still get in 350g protein. you mirin my vastly superior meat proteins?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 AM #264
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
By your standards I drink 6 shakes a day. U mad, kunt?
My whey came with a small scoop, so that means I'm drinking 8 shakes a day

Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM #265
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
also casein is a waste of money, LOL'd at that one.
IMO It's unwise to consume 100% casein before bed because when the casein digests, it becomes para-casein (in other words, it coagulates in your stomach) and releases a slow trickle of aminos (hence the fundamental reason to use casein before bed), but much of this coagulated para-casein is wasted, as it ultimately goes undigested and amounts to nothing more than an expensive turd the following morning.

Conclusive evidence with regard to the superiority of casein over whey, or vice versa has yet to be published, but one could surmise from the data we've seen thus far that the two taken together would be ideal for all situations, as they both hold advantages over one another to varying degrees.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:52 AM #266
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

not sure about effectiveness vs whey or casein by themselves, but i do know the dymatize gourmet is a blend and it makes a real tasty shake
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 AM #267
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Have you tried xtreme formulations UP 2.0 Cinna Roll? By far best tasting blend Ive encountered to date. Makes Trutein taste like ***. Or Iforce Protean Red Velvet Cake/Cupcake Batter, also solid choices for taste
Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 AM #268
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

I haven't. Originally started buying Dymatize cause it's cheap, but it tastes pretty good and the protein difference between it and most wheys isn't all that much so I stuck with it. Maybe I'll try out this cinnamon roll next, sounds pretty good.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:27 AM #269
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

I still use Dymatize every now and then, usually the Iso-100 Vanilla. But lately Ive been getting all protein from foods and eating very low carb, so when I have a craving I just grab the XF UP Cinna Roll or Iforce Protean Cupcake Batter, beats the taste of most desserts IMO
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM #270
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

3lbs of 85/15 about to go in the pan for the day's consumption.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 AM #271
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Do you still use that pea protein, or are you back to whey?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 AM #272
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Pea.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:36 PM #273
spags3443
Thug

spags3443 is a Supporting Member

Pre workout meal, 4 rice cakes, 2 tilapia filets

Chipotle Mrs. Dash all over those *****es

Last edited by spags3443 : 04-11-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Closed Thread