Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 PM #1
Splat209

Splat209 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Splat209 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Splat209 is attending Decay of Nations VI
How do I get into tournament paintball?

Hey guys ive been paintballing for like 4 years now i currently own a 2008 PMR.i dont know where to start though either i make a team with friends, or if i get into organized series, would i qualify for D5 orrrr?and do you guys have a estimate on price. im only 14 soo...yea thanks

"in the grind, it's my time to shine"

ebay username to see feedback:tperez838
Splat209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2012, 02:18 PM #2
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
I understand your situation because I was there about six months ago. JOIN A TEAM. It is possible to start one with friends but it is hard. Try and play with people that have played before. If you are on the same team as your friends thats awesome, but I don't recommend trying to start one. Get with some guys that really know what there doing so you can learn from them. Then once you gain some experience if you want to start a team with friends go for it. In terms of cost, every league is unique, but start begging, working, cleaning, whatever ya gotta do to make money. You have to pay for registration, paint, practices, etc. and you also want to have good gear. Your gun ought to be fine but make sure you have a good mask, hopper, etc. All players start off as D5. Hope I helped.

Last edited by wangerinjaw : 03-05-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot stuff
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:33 PM #3
Splat209

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangerinjaw View Post
I understand your situation because I was there about six months ago. JOIN A TEAM. It is possible to start one with friends but it is hard. Try and play with people that have played before. If you are on the same team as your friends thats awesome, but I don't recommend trying to start one. Get with some guys that really know what there doing so you can learn from them. Then once you gain some experience if you want to start a team with friends go for it. In terms of cost, every league is unique, but start begging, working, cleaning, whatever ya gotta do to make money. You have to pay for registration, paint, practices, etc. and you also want to have good gear. Your gun ought to be fine but make sure you have a good mask, hopper, etc. All players start off as D5. Hope I helped.

sounds good thanks..and if they are sponsored by the fid or something should be cheaper?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 PM #4
bobmanboy
I'm wayyyyy up there.

Go to local Sunday practices, attempt to find and join a team, make a team, always have cash...
bobmanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:21 AM #5
Tom?
*>sp

My first team was just a bunch of friends playing local 3mans. I definitely suggest giving it a try if you have atleast 2 friends who play.
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 PM #6
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dont even think of sponsors if your just getting into it, totally unrealistic. You have to give the sponsors a reason to pay for your crap, play a year or 2 and get some experience before you worry about that. Would you be able to get a nascar team to pick you up? same kind of deal, focus on playing the game and learning as much as you can now.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:13 PM #7
Splat209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Dont even think of sponsors if your just getting into it, totally unrealistic. You have to give the sponsors a reason to pay for your crap, play a year or 2 and get some experience before you worry about that. Would you be able to get a nascar team to pick you up? same kind of deal, focus on playing the game and learning as much as you can now.

k thanks, what am i looking for on $ wise for a tournament...

Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM #8
ropinroller

You can try for sponsors, you never know until you ask. My team is a brand new rookie team this year and we have 3 sponsors, 1 is a friend of mine who owns a business, one is Valken (great equipment by the way!), an the other is ANSgear.com. Just make sure you'll represent well for them. Be a good ambassador for the sport.
ropinroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM #9
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
If you do get sponsors make sure you follow through with whatever promises you make them. For example, if you tell someone what events you are going to play make sure you play them no matter what,even if they don't sponsor you. But remember to get sponsors you have to make a good proposal and be lucky, so don't be upset if no one sponsors you.

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:34 PM #10
Ctop10
Spray and Pray

Ctop10 is playing at Living Legends VII
Ctop10 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Ctop10 is an NCPA player
Ctop10 plays in the APPA D4 division
Grab some people and jump in man! Seriously though, find a team or people you can ball with and enter in a tourney and try it out. It sounds like you are well equipped anyway
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 PM #11
fireboss3104

fireboss3104 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
fireboss3104 supports Team VICIOUS
fireboss3104 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Why not???? Theres alot of teams that are sponsored that have no proof of playing. sponsors arent going to give you free gear right out of the box on any team, but they will sponsor teams with discounts on gear. Theres alot of nascar guys that have never proven anything but were given a chance to show what they had and sponsors are willing to take that risk to get their out there. So just because your new doesnt mean you cant get sponsored.
EDSS Penrose, Colorado
fireboss3104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:15 PM #12
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireboss3104 View Post
Why not???? Theres alot of teams that are sponsored that have no proof of playing. sponsors arent going to give you free gear right out of the box on any team, but they will sponsor teams with discounts on gear. Theres alot of nascar guys that have never proven anything but were given a chance to show what they had and sponsors are willing to take that risk to get their out there. So just because your new doesnt mean you cant get sponsored.
I never said you cant get sponsored but just starting out you really should focus your time/effort/money on enjoying the game and learning as much as you can, not getting a pizza shop your buddies dad owns to sponsor you. Everyone is so worried about getting sponsored, just focus on having fun. Since he has been playing for 8 years now he should have an idea of what it will cost and should be prepared for it.
You really think you get into a nascar without proving anything, ya they just pick Joey out of the DMV learners permit lineup and throw him in, come on. Nascar may not be the best example just the sport with the most in your face sponsorship. Cant stress it enough, focus on playing and learning, not getting sponsors.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote