PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 PM #253
CamoJoe
Cheating Must Stop

CamoJoe donated to help Peyton Trent
Hell yeah! I will be there later Sat night as I just got two HS baseball games assigned down in Romeoville. Maybe 10 10:30. Damn its taking away drinking time!
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2012, 08:34 PM #254
QUAGS

HELLIONS
BONECRACKERS
CHI TOWN BLITZKRIEG
DOG SOLDIERS (Indiana)
SAINTS
SPEAR
SHADOW OPS
FOX RIVER RATS
SWARM
CHI TOWN HUSTLERS
CHICAGO HERETICS
SG-7
SUPER GRUUNTS
ROGUE SQUADRON
MATRIX
MVP PAINTBALL/502
THE RINGERS
FUGAZI
THE C-MEN
PHALANX
PEORIA SQUAD
SNIPE EM
KNUCKLE HEADS
BERGERON
EMC
DOWN n DIRTY
FOX HOUND
FLAT LINER
RINGERS
GHOST SQUAD (AKA PAPA FRITA)
NWI
Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM #255
PYROMAN

Just over 12 hours to go!!
Got Game??

Several new twists in this years Event, and were going to be right down to the wire with game preparation. We have SOOOOO many cool things planend for this event that it makes my head spin.
Well over 300+ pre registrations, well over 100 + campers tonight.
And we have one surprise to announce in the morning. A few of you knwo, but its definitely NOT a deal breaker for one of the teams. This twist actually helped to even out the two teams this year.
And again, I cant stress this enough, Follow You Missions and Stay in You Platoon. Only leave the field when you really need to. The morning session is only 3 hours long.

Lets go have some fun tomorrow!!
Il longest running Young Guns Tournament Series
WWW.SPLATTERZONEPAINTBALL.NET
Xtreme Fantasy Role Playing Games
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:58 PM #256
PYROMAN

Just over 12 hours to go!!
Got Game??

Several new twists in this years Event, and were going to be right down to the wire with game preparation. We have SOOOOO many cool things planend for this event that it makes my head spin.
Well over 300+ pre registrations, well over 100 + campers tonight.
And we have one surprise to announce in the morning. A few of you knwo, but its definitely NOT a deal breaker for one of the teams. This twist actually helped to even out the two teams this year.
And again, I cant stress this enough, Follow You Missions and Stay in You Platoon. Only leave the field when you really need to. The morning session is only 3 hours long.

Lets go have some fun tomorrow!!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:52 PM #257
ROCStar
SaintS Scenario Paintball

Ranger Creed.

Listen up, RANGERS!

Below is the actual Ranger Creed. To the amazing men and women who actually wear the Ranger tab, these words are something extremely close to their heart; something very solemn. However, they ring true for us as well. Read it. I encourage you to read them aloud. Feel their echos empower you.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.
Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.
Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.
Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.
Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Tomorrow, when you're sucking wind and want to walk off the field, I want you to stop and find THAT fatigue in the creed. When you're out of paint and want to go pod-up in the middle of a mission, I want you to stop and find THAT mindset in the creed. When you're hungry before lunch, I want you to stop and find THAT stomach in the creed.

You won't find it. It's not there.

You will find a way to complete your objectives. You will carry the day and the spoils.

Good night, RANGERS. For in the morning we take the field as men and women of honor; as warriors.

Rangers Lead The Way!!!

Sponsored By:
Paintball Explosion --- Valken ---Killjoy Industries --- Flurry Industries
ROCStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:49 AM #258
BeowulfDankil
Bear

BeowulfDankil has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BeowulfDankil has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The game was a blast and I had a lot of fun spying for the rangers. Though we lost the game we are all winners in our own right. Next year should be even more fun and I can't wait. See you all out there next year.
BeowulfDankil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 AM #259
CamoJoe
Cheating Must Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeowulfDankil View Post
The game was a blast and I had a lot of fun spying for the rangers. Though we lost the game we are all winners in our own right. Next year should be even more fun and I can't wait. See you all out there next year.
Hey if your the guy that tagged me out you have a trophy to pick up at fox. Horses *** Trophy it just seemed to be the right one to give you.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM #260
BeowulfDankil
Bear

I was just doing my job. I was the spy after all. Not my fault your team didn't watch me closer after I tried to take the flag. All I had to say was I was bored and wanted something to do and they didn't do anything to me. I said this to your xo as well when the guy that caught me told him that I tried to take the flag.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 AM #261
CamoJoe
Cheating Must Stop

Quote:
I was just doing my job. I was the spy after all. Not my fault your team didn't watch me closer after I tried to take the flag. All I had to say was I was bored and wanted something to do and they didn't do anything to me. I said this to your xo as well when the guy that caught me told him that I tried to take the flag.
You did an outstanding job. I have had spy roles in the past and they are tough to play. You are right we did not employ a base defence this year. I heard your General was in my base I just decided not to worry to much about that aspect of the game this year. But anyway it was a awesome event and I had tons of fun!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:39 AM #262
BeowulfDankil
Bear

That's all that matters in the end is having fun and playing the game. Our general was in your base because your spy brought him there and then left him there without giving the ref the capture card. I just hope next year they will have all the refs know what to do when they get one of the cards. Pred was telling me they weren't taking the demo cards from him when he blew something up. It didn't seem like the refs were well preped for the game on how things went. I know they needed to keep asking Taylor what they needed to do.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM #263
PYROMAN

Quote:
That's all that matters in the end is having fun and playing the game. Our general was in your base because your spy brought him there and then left him there without giving the ref the capture card. I just hope next year they will have all the refs know what to do when they get one of the cards. Pred was telling me they weren't taking the demo cards from him when he blew something up. It didn't seem like the refs were well preped for the game on how things went. I know they needed to keep asking Taylor what they needed to do.
Well, no. Let me explain what a Referee's REAL job is as a TRUE Scenario Game;
PLAYER SAFETY! Thats their #1 priority, and they do not need to know ANY of the actual Scenario logistics of the game.
We only have the Scenario Host and a couple of Staff Members set the fields for these events. SPLATTERZONE does not release information regarding game Missions, props, objectives, etc for the game. Information leaks very fast when this happens, which completely throws off the game.
Fox had 4 Staff meetings prior to the game, including one on Friday night. With having ZERO fights on the field Sunday (And ZERO fights for the past past 8 years at TD events), and Staff was all over the two injuries (Which everyone followed protocall perfectly), and I feel the Fox Staff did an EXCELLANT job.

Now, I will try to answer the above questions as best I can to try help explain why we do what we do;

Quote:
Our general was in your base because your spy brought him there and then left him there without giving the ref the capture card. I just hope next year they will have all the refs know what to do when they get one of the cards.
The cards were VERY self explanitory. Heres the text from the first line of the Capture Card- ONE TIME USE. There were only two of these cards given out at a time, one to each SPY, and it was explained in writing how to use these cards.

Quote:
Pred was telling me they weren't taking the demo cards from him when he blew something up.
First line off a DEMO Card-ONE TIME USE. It was also explained in writing to the Demilition Experts, as well to all of the Role Player how their Roles worked, and what to do wit the cards issued.
We have been running these events for over 12 years, and we have eveything very well organized. I can only do so much with the 64 box of crayons I have.

Quote:
It didn't seem like the refs were well preped for the game on how things went. I know they needed to keep asking Taylor what they needed to do.
Taylor was the "ULTIMATE JUDGE" for the game. He's on the field and coordinates with me, the event Coordinator, off the field. Taylors job was to answer any questions that came up during the game on the field (Which he did), and to call me, the Event Coordinator, if he didnt have the answer he needed (Which he did).
Both of the Base Referee's are Ultimate Judges for Fox on the weekends (Ultimate Judge is the highest rank any Official can earn at Fox, and we only allow 3 Ultimate Judges at a time)

The Staff at this event was more prepared than any other event I have ever played in, or promoted. There are events where the Staff knows what will be going on in each Mission. This is because they either help set up the game or are attempting to be an Event Host (Making it a BIG GAME and not a Scenario), or someone leaked information. We want the players to EARN their points during the game.
Heres a perfect example; I was the "Down Pilot" in this game. As I was hanging from my Parachute 30+ feet in the air, players below me had no idea on how to get me down. I knew, Taylor was right there and he knew, but we werent about to tell them. The new Mission, with new Objectives came out at the top of the hour, and it was up to the Generals and XO's to issue out the orders to his Platoon Leaders. The PL's then gathered his players and followed the detailed maps on where to go.
Its not our fault or our problem if the chain gets broken from the start. I told players that they needed to go back to their base and find out how to get the Pilot down. By the time they figured it out, the Mission was over, and I received some nice strap marks across my arse from being suspended for an hour. There were two other objectives that Mission, which were completed.

All in all, the game seemed to run very smooth. No major problems, lots of players, good food, AMAZING new GAUNTLET this year, and the Staff did EXACTLY what they were trained to do, Ref.

Sorry for the long explanation. I would normally have taken this to PM's, but this was thrown out in a Public Forum and needed to be explained to the fullest so everyone understands the difference between true Scenario Play over Big Games, and also what the job of a Field Referee is.

PYROMAN
Owner- SPLATTERZONE PRODUCTIONS
Field Manager- Fox Paintball
Old 09-17-2012, 02:15 PM #264
xXxM4A1xXx
Im Behind You... Pop

xXxM4A1xXx is BST Trusted
xXxM4A1xXx is playing at Living Legends V
xXxM4A1xXx posts videos on PbNation
xXxM4A1xXx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xXxM4A1xXx has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xXxM4A1xXx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hey now that you got me thinking how the hell did you even get up there and down now that the game is over care to share or is it a secert for games to come

Sponsored By:
Paintball Explosion --- Killjoy Industries --- Flurry Industries

The SaintS Proudly Shoot Markers Manufactured By:
Tippmann --- Tiberius Arms
xXxM4A1xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:39 PM #265
Eric the Fish

Had a great time with lots of gun battles. I must say paintballers at fox play with honor and you only get the occassional guy who plays on and that is usually because they don't notice a hopper or gun hit. Good event and as a bonus NO RAIN! Thanks Ray.
Eric the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:50 PM #266
BeowulfDankil
Bear

I appologize Pyro. It just seemed like at the other senarios the refs seemed to know more about the senario and what was going on. Since I now know this I understand. Thanks for the explaination and I'm looking forward to future games you guys put on because they are a blast.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:52 PM #267
CamoJoe
Cheating Must Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxM4A1xXx View Post
hey now that you got me thinking how the hell did you even get up there and down now that the game is over care to share or is it a secert for games to come
We had to get some scaffolding out if the pentagon to build it and yes everyone knew the mission. "well those that came back for the next mission anyways" Just got locked out of the area by those pesky Rangers. How he got up there he can answer!

Last edited by CamoJoe : 09-17-2012 at 03:06 PM.
CamoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 PM #268
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxM4A1xXx View Post

REDBULL Gives You WINGS!!
Down Pilot- My plane was shot down by enemy fire, and I had to eject from my plane (Parachuting to the ground, but my chute got caught in the tree, get it?). My plane crashed a few miles away near "Malaysia", and my ground units were to find information in the plane as to my location and how to build the rigging to get me down (So far, easy enough, right).
The enemy heard the crash and were invesigating the area of where they think they saw a Pilot parachuting in. They were instructed to stop the enemy team (Rangers) from getting the pilot down, and if the Rangers were already starting to build the rigging, they were to shoot the Pilot, making him DEAD WEIGHT and much more difficult to get lowered to the ground.
Points would have been awarded to both teams if either of them would have known what was going on, if they would have fully read their Mission. Part of the Mission was left in the dark because one Platoon was told to secure the area, while another Platoon went to gain the information needed. Part of the issue was, the secondary Platoon never showed up with that info.

Now, how did we REALLY make all this happen? Well, we worked on this one Objective for two weeks. Im a retired Firefighter (Hense the name), and have alot of rapelling experience. I also have a friend that is an ex Navy Seal that helped me set up the rigging in the trees. It was a simple rapel line that took some time to set up safe and securely. We had ladders and safety measures with Paramedics set up on site, just in case.
So what im saying is, dont you kids go trying this at home!! Leave it to the Pro's (Seriously)

Quote:
I appologize Pyro. It just seemed like at the other senarios the refs seemed to know more about the senario and what was going on. Since I now know this I understand. Thanks for the explaination and I'm looking forward to future games you guys put on because they are a blast.
No problem. Im glad you liked the Role we gave you, and it sounded like you pulled it off pretty good. Again, we cant give out to much info to help Role Players as we like to see the players themselves figure out how to make thigs happen.
Heres one perfect example of what im talking about; There was a Tank Mission where each General had to be inside of a Tank, or they would lose points. Well, the Ranger team was down a tank because it had a flat in the way back of the fields. Adolph "SKULLY" Ferrer (Ranger General) totally thought outside of the box on this one. He went to that tank (FLURRY INDUSTRIES TANK), got in it, and layed the seat all the way down, while his other tank drove around the playing field. The SEALS tanks were driving around looking for the one Ranger Tank so they could shoot it out, knowing that Skully was inside. They SEALS tanks both drove right past Skully inside the Ranger/FLURRY tank, and never seen him.
Lets all keep in mind that the Ranger/FLURRY tank is a Suzuki Samarai, and Skully aint much smaller than that vehicle, lol. The tank only had a flat tire, and was never shot out of the game, so technically, that tank was still in play.

Now thats some smart play from one cool dude! Even though the Rangers didnt win, the way they played and thought outside of the box all day just kicked ARSE!! Now thats some SERIOUS Scenario thinking right there!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 PM #269
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Fish View Post
Had a great time with lots of gun battles. I must say paintballers at fox play with honor and you only get the occassional guy who plays on and that is usually because they don't notice a hopper or gun hit. Good event and as a bonus NO RAIN! Thanks Ray.
Eric,
Its ALWAYS a pleasure to see you guys. Our games just wouldnt be the same if you werent there.
Tell THORN thanks for not yelling at me on Sunday, lol.
Oh, good "TEAM SHOWING" at the event to.

And your welcome about the NO RAIN this year. YUP, I made that happen, lol.

Last edited by PYROMAN : 09-17-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 PM #270
mustangjohn
Mustangjohn

Sorry about leaving early guys, I had a sick team member and a 4 hour drive to get him home. He held out as long as he could. Thanks to all, we had a blast. Thank also Ray on an always awesome scenario.

PS don't let your rain secret out. Everyone will want to use it! Rangers for the win next year!

RIP Dog 1
mustangjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 AM #271
CamoJoe
Cheating Must Stop

I would like to thank all the Teams and players that played for the Seals. You guys just would not quit. In the morning we where struggling on our missions. but still getting some points. Then I got out dunked in the dunk tank, and then the Rangers punched us in the face in the gauntlet. But after that you guys fought hard and got us the win, Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thomas Goings you rock man, no doubt MVP! 502 MP's MVT need I say anymore, solid. Rocky and Shadow ops thanks for having my back. All the other Teams I listed in earlier posts Thank you so much for joining the Seals. Also would like to send a shout out to all the MEDICS and ROLE players Awesome Job. Plattoon Leaders thank You so much you lead the Seals to victory!
Thank you Tim for being you, and bringing the best prize package of any scenario game I've been to! Ray I love you man, thanks for putting on your great events, but stay away from my daughter you creep lol!

Last edited by CamoJoe : 09-19-2012 at 10:16 AM.
CamoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 PM #272
ROCStar
SaintS Scenario Paintball

How the hell is it Tuesday already?!?! Time flies after an event of this quality...

A huge thanks to all the staff at Fox for putting on this event every year. Thanks to Pyro for giving us a quality game that SaintS and SPEAR look forward to playing every year. And... for putting up with all of my annoying PMs Trying to keep the players in their platoons this year was a very nice touch. I'm glad I got to see your arse dangling from that tree, too.

RANGERS! Hold your heads up high; you have nothing to be ashamed of. We knew from the onset of the first mission that it was going to be a hard-fought day. You kept coming back and giving everything you had. When one of our tanks became combat ineffective, you still took the field. Even at the end of the day while facing the SEALs and their 2 tanks in The Village, you kept advancing and making ground. You even eliminated one of them!

Job well done and I'm proud to have been a part of it.

Joe, congrats on your win. The SEALs made us win every inch of ground. We had to think outside the box while still playing inside the rules. Hell, at one point our only option was to form a phalanx in front of a medic and move on an objective using a suppression fire and his sweet, sweet healing touch.

If you have the stones to put your title on the line next year we'll make dang sure to take it.

Sponsored By:
Paintball Explosion --- Valken ---Killjoy Industries --- Flurry Industries
ROCStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 PM #273
PYROMAN

This Just In!!!

TRAINING DAY IX

"CAMO JOE" Joe Bradley vs Adolph "SKULLY" Ferrer

With a fresh win under his belt, "CAMO JOE" of "The BONECRACKERS" has finally tasted VICTORY! It took many years of trying with the ARMY Ranger team, but he finally knew what it would take to bring his team of followers to win this game.
It took alot of balls to do what this man just did. Joe took charge of his team by Commanding his BONECRACKER I Paintball Tank around the Battlefield all day long, while putting trust in his XO back at their Base.
Joe has that sweet taste of VICTORY with the SEALS, and now he wants MORE!

Adolph "SKULLY" Ferrer from team "HEADHUNTERS" was the man that stepped up to the plate at the last minute when the Rangers General had to take a leave of absense from the game. This was the first time "SKULLY" took Command in our TRAINING DAY excercise, and he had two days to prepare his players, and to try to create his game plan.
"SKULLY" told me personally that he "Wants revenge on that OLD MAN", and hes already making plans for next years game. "If I only had more time to plan, VICTORY would have been mine!", he said, and only time will tell if that statement will hold up.

So clear your calendars and ready your gear, the planning for TRAINING DAY IX is WELL under way. You think you had fun this year? HA! Next years game will
BLOW YOU AWAY!!!

Last edited by PYROMAN : 09-19-2012 at 07:16 AM.
ReplyScenario Ups