Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-04-2012, 11:40 PM #1
jun

Fusion FX Solenoid Issues

Having trouble with my FX. When it's not aired up, with the eyes off, I can hear the solenoid clicking fine when I pull the trigger. When the gun is aired up, the gun doesn't shoot and I can't hear the solenoid click.

I've stripped, cleaned, and re-lubed (Dow33) the ram an HPR, and just cleaned the poppet and volumizer. Is it time go open the solenoid up? There's the "voided warranty" sticker on it, so I've trying to avoid it.

Anyone have any ideas or have seen this before?
jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Just to cover the simple things first.......

Are you using a fresh, new, brand-name battery?
Is your velocity adjustment screw shutting all air off or completely open (possibly overpressurizing the noid)?

To service the solenoid, you do not have to take the noid completely apart (and break that sticker). To service the noid, you would be unscrewing the single silver screw on the end opposite the end with the 4 screws and the wires.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 AM #3
jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Just to cover the simple things first.......

Are you using a fresh, new, brand-name battery?
Is your velocity adjustment screw shutting all air off or completely open (possibly overpressurizing the noid)?

To service the solenoid, you do not have to take the noid completely apart (and break that sticker). To service the noid, you would be unscrewing the single silver screw on the end opposite the end with the 4 screws and the wires.
Thanks for the response. To answer your questions, the battery is new and I pressure tested the reg and the output seemed to be good. I'll try cleaning out the noid if I can get to it without breaking the sticker.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 AM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun View Post
Thanks for the response. To answer your questions, the battery is new and I pressure tested the reg and the output seemed to be good. I'll try cleaning out the noid if I can get to it without breaking the sticker.
There really is no need to even come close to the sticker for noid servicing. I'll see if I can find a picture or something to show you where you would need to open it.

EDIT: Here: Servicing a DP noid
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 03-05-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 AM #5
jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
There really is no need to even come close to the sticker for noid servicing. I'll see if I can find a picture or something to show you where you would need to open it.

EDIT: Here: Servicing a DP noid
Thanks, opening up, cleaning, and re-lubing the noid per the manual did the trick. Seems to be working fine now.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 AM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Thanks, opening up, cleaning, and re-lubing the noid per the manual did the trick. Seems to be working fine now.
- Glad to hear you got it up and running.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:16 AM #7
Shru

Quote:
in the future, I would service the noid about every 5 cases, that is just me of course....
If you shoot that much over a weekend, than service the noid after every weekend.....
I service my noid about once a month, but the most i shoot over any weekend is only 1 case of paint...
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote